Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And I'm doing my part! Assisting two brilliant nieces through school. Both working to be engineers and both interested in clean tech.
Fantastic!!!!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We have the technology to end our dependency! Wind, Solar, Geothermal, & Hydro just to name a few! We have to effectively and efficiently use our resources while sparing no expense to protect our environment! Corporate greed leads to cutting corners to maximize profits for corporate shareholders! The majority of those profits end up in the hands of a few, not spread among the masses as some suggest! The wealth disparity continues as is evidenced by a shrinking middle class! Ultimately Big Oil uses its financial strength to diminish the worlds attempts & desire for clean low cost energy! Keep in mind...roughly half of the oil produced in country is exported to other countries not stored to support lower cost to the citizens of the USA! This is about one thing Big Oil, and when Big Oil can censor entities like the EPA we all lose! History has shown this is true!
Agreed, but I would point out that the weak link is in storage, but that has come a long way as well and we can expect improvements to it going forward.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Agreed, but I would point out that the weak link is in storage, but that has come a long way as well and we can expect improvements to it going forward.
There is no doubt that there is not enough storage at our current rate of extraction! But to support the arguments that we are extracting and transporting at this rate to lessen our dependency is not actually the case! With the oil reserves full, cutting production and sitting on our reserves makes more sense than maxing extraction and exporting it to lessen our dependency!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There is no doubt that there is not enough storage at our current rate of extraction! But to support the arguments that we are extracting and transporting at this rate to lessen our dependency is not actually the case! With the oil reserves full, cutting production and sitting on our reserves makes more sense than maxing extraction and exporting it to lessen our dependency!
My apologies Eltobgi, we were talking about renewables that you mentioned in wind, solar, hydro etc., and so I was making the point that storage, as in battery systems for all that is still the weak link. ;)

Reactions: Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The batteries for my solar system are big and bulky, grossly heavy, require constant maintenance and must be replaced on average every 10 years and they're expensive. In contrast, the photovoltaics, charge controller, inverter, sensors etc., require no maintenance and in twenty years, none of that has had to be replaced.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Solar not practical,wind not practical,oil is here get used to it not going anywhere, and natural gas is up next...soooo why don't we take it? Right now!!!! Cause no balls and queer protests.my son just unlisted and after basic is going to afganistanI would be happier if he was fighting for freedom not to help these sand lizards.rather our country and our sons were fighting for the oil than liberal point of views like helping these worthless tribes thrive. They hate us so torcher and wipe them off the planet.men woman and children till the memory of radical is gone.sadam was the only one the ever controlled them and look at sheet now.make the oil safer and more efficient cause you know it's here for a long time And the hell with terrorist sponsored country with little army's. Wipe em out and get the money to fund your solar pipe dreams and get the debt down before it's to late. Another thing are these fruit cake protesters every where.They won't be happy till they ruin the first amendment for all of us.liberals are all talk don't do squat ,,,," No nothing no it alls that just stand in the way.posting back and forth about what ifs and who gives a crap.

Reactions: Sjc3081
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Solar not practical,wind not practical,oil is here get used to it not going anywhere, and natural gas is up next...soooo why don't we take it? Right now!!!! Cause no balls and queer protests.my son just unlisted and after basic is going to afganistanI would be happier if he was fighting for freedom not to help these sand lizards.rather our country and our sons were fighting for the oil than liberal point of views like helping these worthless tribes thrive. They hate us so torcher and wipe them off the planet.men woman and children till the memory of radical is gone.sadam was the only one the ever controlled them and look at sheet now.make the oil safer and more efficient cause you know it's here for a long time And the hell with terrorist sponsored country with little army's. Wipe em out and get the money to fund your solar pipe dreams and get the debt down before it's to late. Another thing are these fruit cake protesters every where.They won't be happy till they ruin the first amendment for all of us.liberals are all talk don't do squat ,,,," No nothing no it alls that just stand in the way.posting back and forth about what ifs and who gives a crap.
You know what dude, I'm sick of your nasty and caustic commentary, you'll be ignored hereafter!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 0768

Reactions: JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
It is unfortunate that we live in a world where some have no compassion for the well being of strangers! We live in a world where too many support "Out of Sight, Out of Mind"! Unfortunately if we decide to ignore or look the other way during times like this, we will not be immune from the consequences of our inactions!
There is no denying the Dakota Pipeline will be completed! Our attention as a Nation needs to focus on ensuring it will be done in the SAFEST WAY possible! The Environmentalists protesting and the Native Nations Protecting the water from pollution is in "Our" Countrys Best Interest whether some look the other way or not! Let's agree to hold oil companies accountable for negligence and that our children deserve a pollution free environment in which to grow! That has to be our focus or we will never agree!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It is unfortunate that we live in a world where some have no compassion for the well being of strangers! We live in a world where too many support "Out of Sight, Out of Mind"! Unfortunately if we decide to ignore or look the other way during times like this, we will not be immune from the consequences of our inactions!
There is no denying the Dakota Pipeline will be completed! Our attention as a Nation needs to focus on ensuring it will be done in the SAFEST WAY possible! The Environmentalists protesting and the Native Nations Protecting the water from pollution is in "Our" Countrys Best Interest whether some look the other way or not! Let's agree to hold oil companies accountable for negligence and that our children deserve a pollution free environment in which to grow! That has to be our focus or we will never agree!
This right here looks cool, I'm going to be researching this for a future option, I've still got 3-4 years of battery.
Tesla Powerwall

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Very impressive! It's exciting to see! Do know how much time passed between their first battery and this one with twice the power? Life expectancy? About 2 years ago I was in discussion with a military housing contractor for the development of a green housing protype to implement a pilot project which could replace current housing stock in my community! There was one model which you could systematically disconnect portions of the home for conservation using a wall mounted computer panel! The batteries used in that model were big and bulky and numerous! A system with a battery storage solution like Tesla's Powerwall exemplifies innovation and technological advancement! I would be interested in seeing it as part of complete system.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Very impressive! It's exciting to see! Do know how much time passed between their first battery and this one with twice the power? Life expectancy? About 2 years ago I was in discussion with a military housing contractor for the development of a green housing protype to implement a pilot project which could replace current housing stock in my community! There was one model which you could systematically disconnect portions of the home for conservation using a wall mounted computer panel! The batteries used in that model were big and bulky and numerous! A system with a battery storage solution like Tesla's Powerwall exemplifies innovation and technological advancement! I would be interested in seeing it as part of complete system.
Nope, I'm sorry but I just stumbled upon that this morning, so I've got some research to do, but I'll gladly post my findings for you if that would be helpful??

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nope, I'm sorry but I just stumbled upon that this morning, so I've got some research to do, but I'll gladly post my findings for you if that would be helpful??
Id be interested in your comparison as you already operate off the grid! But only if you are interested in the comparison as well.:)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Id be interested in your comparison as you already operate off the grid! But only if you are interested in the comparison as well.:)

Indeed, I'm hoping that this would serve as a suitable alternative to my present battery bank when the time to renew arrives so yes I'll be looking into this and post my findings!

J

JTW

I'll say'n it again because I'm stubborn like that.. I'm all for cleaner alternatives. I'm all for better and cheaper energy options. But some seem to think we can do everything and fix all our problems at once. That's stupid! We cannot afford it! There is a social narrative that paints big oil as the devil and that's just foolish! The well being of our environment is very important and I whole heartedly agree we should be looking to the future. But why are some of you even considering raising taxes for such as a good idea? We keep being told how bad oil is and harmless these other sources are but I removed the same being said about ethanol.. how's that working for you. I'm tired of the knee jerk reactions because you're TOLD something is truth. The EPA is just another government agency out of control. Everybody needs to tap the brakes and reassess what's going on before jumping to conclusions. Some of you blindly belive in climate change or believe based on what you're told.. some folks don't buy into it. None of us are saying F the planet.. but this whole thing is based on sensationalism and fear mongering.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'll say'n it again because I'm stubborn like that.. I'm all for cleaner alternatives. I'm all for better and cheaper energy options. But some seem to think we can do everything and fix all our problems at once. That's stupid! We cannot afford it! There is a social narrative that paints big oil as the devil and that's just foolish! The well being of our environment is very important and I whole heartedly agree we should be looking to the future. But why are some of you even considering raising taxes for such as a good idea? We keep being told how bad oil is and harmless these other sources are but I removed the same being said about ethanol.. how's that working for you. I'm tired of the knee jerk reactions because you're TOLD something is truth. The EPA is just another government agency out of control. Everybody needs to tap the brakes and reassess what's going on before jumping to conclusions. Some of you blindly belive in climate change or believe based on what you're told.. some folks don't buy into it. None of us are saying F the planet.. but this whole thing is based on sensationalism and fear mongering.
Lol...you are stubborn aren't you! You do know 2016 was the warmest year on record right? And that the link I posted earlier in this thread was real not fiction 100's of thousands gallons of oil have polluted this state!
Here is another article concerning pollution...
Massive 2013 oil spill in North Dakota still not cleaned up
You can form your own conclusion, but it is real and is a problem! How would you deal with this in your back yard?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!