Need Mechanic Advice - 2001 Dodge Dakota.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nope.. One auto shop wouldn't help me.
Have an appointment at dodge place Wed.
Found a second shop I here is good.
Also test drove this today.
00b921f68a1ef97cb0e605f99b8ccf68.jpg

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Looks like the "BETTER" decision!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

My 2014 GMC company truck with 4 doors and 5.3 v8 average 17.5 to 18 MPG under normal driving ( dont have a heavy foot) and 20+ highway at 70+ MPH. Idling is a killer on the MPG.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is actual MPG no BS! My other Chevy SWB single cabs with 4.3 V6 only get 17 at best!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Bowtie is a great start. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One of my subcontractors that I regularly use bought a brand new 2017 Ford, Eco-boost, King Ranch. Hit a patch of ice this winter and ended up in the ditch. Towed it to the body shop for what they estimated to be a $7 -$8,000 repair BUT................ because of the aluminum body it had rippled the roof of the cab and since the aluminum can't be pulled/straightened like steel and a replacement cab is not available from Ford so the insurance company totaled his 3K mile, $60,000 truck but depreciated it down to $51,000. He was not a happy camper but looks good in his new GMC.

Reactions: Upstatefreedom
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of my subcontractors that I regularly use bought a brand new 2017 Ford, Eco-boost, King Ranch. Hit a patch of ice this winter and ended up in the ditch. Towed it to the body shop for what they estimated to be a $7 -$8,000 repair BUT................ because of the aluminum body it had rippled the roof of the cab and since the aluminum can't be pulled/straightened like steel and a replacement cab is not available from Ford so the insurance company totaled his 3K mile, $60,000 truck but depreciated it down to $51,000. He was not a happy camper but looks good in his new GMC.

Wrong insurance company.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
My wifes old car, a Lincoln LS, had many of the same problems. I researched on the net and most things i read up on said the clockspring was the fix. I pulled the trigger on a $140 clockspring from ebay and the problems went away. I would hate to suggest you buy a clockspring, and you do, and the problems dont go away though lol.

Reactions: moparornocar
J

JTW

Definitely but have you looked at the results of any "fender bender" in a new Ford truck accident?
That's what insurance is for... they fix fender benders. They won't pay to fix a truck rusting out. Chevys are bad about it.. my dodge was bad about it. And now that's not a concern. In 10 years you'll still be able to buy a used Ford and it look good. Besides.. They'll all be aluminum soon.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I had an all aluminum car. Really nice to have 150k miles, 10 years old and no rust. Son played pin ball with it on a bridge, bounced off both sides front and rear. Insurance company didn't even consider fixing it, they just cut me a check.

But I'm guessing NC doesn't have the road salt like OH.

Reactions: sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's what insurance is for... they fix fender benders. They won't pay to fix a truck rusting out. Chevys are bad about it.. my dodge was bad about it. And now that's not a concern. In 10 years you'll still be able to buy a used Ford and it look good. Besides.. They'll all be aluminum soon.

You Southern boys don't have a clue as to what rust really looks like!!!!!!!

There was a news story on the local station a couple of weeks ago about a guy trying to sue Ford or the carwash because he went through the carwash and it ripped the antenna out of his aluminum fender and beat it down the side of his aluminum truck and did thousands of dollars of damage to his new truck and no-one is taking responsibility for it.

J

JTW

You Southern boys don't have a clue as to what rust really looks like!!!!!!!

There was a news story on the local station a couple of weeks ago about a guy trying to sue Ford or the carwash because he went through the carwash and it ripped the antenna out of his aluminum fender and beat it down the side of his aluminum truck and did thousands of dollars of damage to his new truck and no-one is taking responsibility for it.
It happens on steel body vehicles too... but that's why the sign says to remove the antenna before going thru the carwash. Would running over a nail in the road be fords fault too?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!