Need Mechanic Advice - 2001 Dodge Dakota.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This fkn guy! What you said plumber! I'd keep that Dakota. I've had 3 of them and miss that truck every single day. You couldn't pay me to drive a Chevy. The interiors appear to have been designed by Hasbro, and the Eco-boost is a flat out riot, but Ford is proud of them. I disclose that I am a Mopar guy with a Ford pickup. Sue me. :D:D:D

I loath, hate, detest, despise, abhor, execrate (had to look that one up) Chevy with the heat of 10,000,000 burning popos after the experience my present Silverado has given me.

I wish I'd kept my 2-Door Tahoe and dropped a 4BT in it.

So far the EcoBoost has won me over, doesn't mean I didn't pay extra for bumper to bumper 150k mile warranty.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I loath, hate, detest, despise, abhor, execrate (had to look that one up) Chevy with the heat of 10,000,000 burning popos after the experience my present Silverado has given me.

I wish I'd kept my 2-Door Tahoe and dropped a 4BT in it.

So far the EcoBoost has won me over, doesn't mean I didn't pay extra for bumper to bumper 150k mile warranty.

Wow. Tell us how ya really feel. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

This fkn guy! What you said plumber! I'd keep that Dakota. I've had 3 of them and miss that truck every single day. You couldn't pay me to drive a Chevy. The interiors appear to have been designed by Hasbro, and the Eco-boost is a flat out riot, but Ford is proud of them. I disclose that I am a Mopar guy with a Ford pickup. Sue me. :D:D:D
Lol.. I like the Hasbro analogy

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love my Chevrolet! 2015 2500 HD High Country. Don't have any issues. And my interior doesn't have much for plastic.
Just Saying!

The premium for that package on a 1500, over what I paid for my 14' LTZ Z71 1500, was more than what I paid OTD. Mine has a plastic dash, among a list of other deficiencies and congenital defects.

For your sake hopefully the 2500s were better.

Reactions: my99svt
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Still not fixed.
Dealer said it was the RWAL controller. Rear Wheel Anti Lock. Wanted 800 to fix. No returns, fix or not. Called it a Vintage part. I said nope.

Found 2 at junk yard for 25 each.

Neither one affected it.
Find it hard to believe the 2 from the junk yard are bad also. Going back Monday to find and pull a complete RWAL system. But will run connectivity checks before I go on wires to speed sensors and whatever else i can research before then.

Going to borrow brother in laws truck I guess.
Want to sell. But need to pay off the jeep first. Jan 2018.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Still not fixed.
Dealer said it was the RWAL controller. Rear Wheel Anti Lock. Wanted 800 to fix. No returns, fix or not. Called it a Vintage part. I said nope.

Neither one affected it.
Find it hard to believe the 2 from the junk yard are bad also. Going back Monday to find and pull a complete RWAL system. But will run connectivity checks before I go on wires to speed sensors and whatever else i can research before then.

@Hondasxs you need to add an UNLIKE button!!!
Hope Monday brings better news.

Reactions: JTW
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Still not fixed.

Neither one affected it.

Oh man. Sorry to hear that! Any other shops around that are not dealers and good with electrical diag. Might be better luck. I know dealers like the "test with known good part" approach instead of finding root prob. Also us independent shops love to prove dealers wrong when we can. Lol

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Oh man. Sorry to hear that! Any other shops around that are not dealers and good with electrical diag. Might be better luck. I know dealers like the "test with known good part" approach instead of finding root prob. Also us independent shops love to prove dealers wrong when we can. Lol

Ya. There is a good one. But they were booked up. Guess I'll drop it off there this week.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
After taking it to the dealer, and 3 mechanics, close to $500 in NOT FIXED repair bills... I finally started digging into it my damn self.
SUCCESS... Well at least for one of the problems.

Found this jewel today. Now my speedometer works again and the AIR BAG light went off with it. Still have the check engine, park brake, and ABS light to follow up on sometime.

I told them all it started when I would tilt my steering wheel down and worked fine when back up.
39976d9f3a7a5e999f8bd52c20c2b588

My fix. Now how do I check the rest of the wires to see if they are broken too?
Ccf01c903b8768a2144ec75a7062bd4a

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Damn it boy! Just pull the bulbs out of those warning lights and hammer down!

CP: This group looked for anything rough and had a great time. It wasn't all about who was the best or correct line just some good ol boys with a beer and a 4wd.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Continuity check between where it might be broken. You can use a needle to pierce the jacket to get to the wire to hook the voltmeter leads to.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!