Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Right after an oil change, running long enough to saturate filters and letting sit -
View attachment 403412
So iff'n a guy was real lazy, he might ask you to get out your calipers and measure from the bottom of the dipstick up to your cold oil level mark, then just mark his own at the same length, right? 😆

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So iff'n a guy was real lazy, he might ask you to get out your calipers and measure from the bottom of the dipstick up to your cold oil level mark, then just mark his own at the same length, right? 😆
I like it. He's posted that on this site probably 12 times. A measurement would be helpful

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Some just live and breathe Rotella T6….

Lol
For wet clutches.....yah, it seems to be the easiest to find. Like @Mopower58 i use Mobil 1 in my other rigs.

Phuck.....now I'm involved in an oil thread......I'll just excuse myself now and close the door behind me.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just in case @CID missed it when you posted it, I'll highlight it. :D
Good Lord, U girls are higher maintenance than my ex-wife. 🫅 Next thing you'll want a damm sammich. 🤪

But since I changed my oil yesterday, warmed it up and loaded it today and it's been sitting on the level trailer for hours, here ya go. Note that the pic looks different than the one I posted above, the only difference that I can think of is that I made sure to level the trailer tonight. Instead of using my numbers, you should do your own next oil change.

Details - oil and both filters. Spec is 6.1 qt. which is 6 qts. 3.2 oz. for my Talon. I rounded up to 6 qts. 3.5 oz.

Not screwed in, sitting up on the threads - (mm)
IMG 0647

Screwed in all the way -
IMG 0648

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good Lord, U girls are higher maintenance than my ex-wife. 🫅 Next thing you'll want a damm sammich. 🤪

But since I changed my oil yesterday, warmed it up and loaded it today and it's been sitting on the level trailer for hours, here ya go. Note that the pic looks different than the one I posted above, the only difference that I can think of is that I made sure to level the trailer tonight. Instead of using my numbers, you should do your own next oil change.

Details - oil and both filters. Spec is 6.1 qt. which is 6 qts. 3.2 oz. for my Talon. I rounded up to 6 qts. 3.5 oz.

Not screwed in, sitting up on the threads - (mm)
View attachment 403430

Screwed in all the way -
View attachment 403431
Would you mind posting your tire pressures?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have a measured container that I use to put my oil back in after a change. 6.1 quarts, screw the dipstick.

Stupid thing looks like a mirage anyway.
That helps, but what it won't help is, by chance, not all the old oil was drained out. Likely, probably not. Possible, yes.

H

HondaTech

Haven't been on hear for a long while. Just need to blow off some steam.
On a hunting trip recently. Had just done full service before leaving home.
Oil was a low. Nearest dealer in Steamboat Springs, CO does not carry Honda oil.
Told me that Honda made the buy a huge quantity at a time and it wasn't worth it.
Let that sink in. They sell Honda products but don't carry Honda oil.
Next nearest dealer was over 200 miles in any direction.
Wrote Honda. They told me that dealers are independently owned and they could do what they want.
Pretty easy to decide what my next SXS will be.

Your a Honda dealer and buying Honda oil isn't worth it?

Then how are they doing oil changes without drum oil?

f***ing Idiots

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your a Honda dealer and buying Honda oil isn't worth it?

Then how are they doing oil changes without drum oil?

f***ing Idiots
Probably a multi line dealer and getting a better deal on Yamalube or similar from a different manufacturer. Definitely guessing on my part though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!