Last straw

H

HondaTech

Probably a multi line dealer and getting a better deal on Yamalube or similar from a different manufacturer. Definitely guessing on my part though.

Which is a huge f*** you if they ever found out.

My old dealerships service rep threatened to pull our warranty authorization if we used bell-ray oil in new under warranty units.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Haven't been on hear for a long while. Just need to blow off some steam.
On a hunting trip recently. Had just done full service before leaving home.
Oil was a low. Nearest dealer in Steamboat Springs, CO does not carry Honda oil.
Told me that Honda made the buy a huge quantity at a time and it wasn't worth it.
Let that sink in. They sell Honda products but don't carry Honda oil.
Next nearest dealer was over 200 miles in any direction.
Wrote Honda. They told me that dealers are independently owned and they could do what they want.
Pretty easy to decide what my next SXS will be.
So...

You buy a machine that you believe needs a "special" oil and you do not have the forethought to have some on hand. You find out you need some in a remote location, can't get it, and its Hondas fault?

Does your truck have a spare tire? Why?

Same goes for needed fluids.

Blownzuki

Blownzuki

Truth detector of the NTC.
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2020
Northern Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X4
When Victory motorcycles first came out, I purchased one. My first oil change I was going to use the recommended victory oil. A mechanic said it is nothing more than rotella.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So...

You buy a machine that you believe needs a "special" oil and you do not have the forethought to have some on hand. You find out you need some in a remote location, can't get it, and its Hondas fault?

Does your truck have a spare tire? Why?

Same goes for needed fluids.
Willis, that makes too much since!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Willis, that makes too much since!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!