P1000m3 Lift support for dump bed

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So we all know the lift support Honda pits on these awesome machines don't dump or even hold themselves up with any kind of weight in the bed. I added a 100# lift support to help with this issue. Looks stock and when you lift the release lever the bed pops up and stays up. Wish Honda would address this issue especially if they are boasting about such a large payload capabilities. Mine would not even try to hold itself up with just my chainsaw, 1 gallon gas can, and a metal ammo box with supplies.

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So we all know the lift support Honda pits on these awesome machines don't dump or even hold themselves up with any kind of weight in the bed. I added a 100# lift support to help with this issue. Looks stock and when you lift the release lever the bed pops up and stays up. Wish Honda would address this issue especially if they are boasting about such a large payload capabilities. Mine would not even try to hold itself up with just my chainsaw, 1 gallon gas can, and a metal ammo box with supplies.

What was the original lift rated for? Do you have a part number on what you purchased?

Sent from my iPad 7G

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I went to dump my bed while washing yesterday and it wouldn't lift my 5 1/4" drop hitch, 3" shackle that was at the front of the bed.

Curious about this. Have pictures and part numbers? Where did you buy it from?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What was the original lift rated for? Do you have a part number on what you purchased?

Sent from my iPad 7G
Not sure how much the OE support was rated at. But adding the additional 100# support helped drastically. Here's some pics of what I did. I don't have the brackets part number. But they are for a 10mm socket. Got the brackets and a set of two supports from Amazon for about $40 with shipping. Image Image

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh, you added one not replaced it, right?

How hard is it to push down?

Sent from my iPad 7G

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh, you added one not replaced it, right?

How hard is it to push down?

Sent from my iPad 7G
It pushes down I little harder but not bad if you have a little weight in it already. If the box is empty there's is a bit more pressure. But it's not like you have to stand on it lol. Like I said I have a small wood box that holds my husqvarna saw, some gas and a ammo box with supplies so it closes fine. Way better than not being able to hold its self like before.

Reactions: Tot
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info! Next time you're on Amazon, please snap a screenshot of the items you purchased.

Also, did you have to drill anything?

Sent from my iPad 7G

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the info! Next time you're on Amazon, please snap a screenshot of the items you purchased.

Sent from my iPad 7G
Had to drill a couple 1/4 inch holes in the frame for the lower arm bracket. For the top I used large self tapping screws. You could drill the frame at the top and bolt it. I plan on doing that soon just because it would be a little better for the long haul.

Sent from my iPad 7G

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 16320 View attachment 16321
Not sure how much the OE support was rated at. But adding the additional 100# support helped drastically. Here's some pics of what I did. I don't have the brackets part number. But they are for a 10mm socket. Got the brackets and a set of two supports from Amazon for about $40 with shipping. View attachment 16322 View attachment 16323
I absolutely agree with @bigc! Been waiting for someone to do this nice job on the install that does look pretty factory I'm wondering if that will work on the 5 as well.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Had to drill a couple 1/4 inch holes in the frame for the lower arm bracket. For the top I used large self tapping screws. You could drill the frame at the top and bolt it. I plan on doing that soon just because it would be a little better for the long haul.

View attachment 16329

Well done my friend. This is a great first post and a great way to come into the group.

Welcome to HondaSXS, hopefully we can return the favor one day.

Now let's see another thread of your rig, what other good ideas you got?

Sent from my iPad 7G

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome post. I'll be stealing this mod very soon.....thank you!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!