P1000 Lithium ion battery vs dual battery setup 2017 Honda pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe

G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the JBL ub4100 installed last night very solid soundbar don't know if it's quite worth 800 because it comes with no owners manual explaining how to work everything and their tech department has no clue about the unit on how to operate the system laugh out loud. But sounds absolutely amazing

View attachment 52599 View attachment 52600

I am very interested in this tablet install you have done. How did you attach it to the dash? Did you put it in any sort of ruggedized case before mounting? Where did you draw power for it?

I have an old Android tablet I was contemplating doing the same thing in the same location. My main use would be for GPS and trails (no sound bar) and a few other odds and ends.

I get pretty dusty on rides and have been just power washing the entire rig inside and out and worry about the tablet getting wet. What are your thoughts about how to wash the rig? Is it just easy enough to remove it to wash and then reinstall after wash?

Any help or thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Johnsee

Jul 3, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Lifeline makes a good deep cycle marine battery. Adding a dual battery system to a motorcycle engine seems like a waste of space and time with net result of more weight. People sure do love to throw money at these UTVs. I will do the same when I can no longer ride my motorcycle I suppose. If Colorado would make UTVs street legal, it would be hard to resist.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Go double lithium with true battery seperator. They fit in the original spot where one lead acid fit. (takes a little whittling with dremel tool on plastic stringers. Nothing serious. Have had them in 2 years with 2 winch experiences with only one issue. The front main battery went too low to start the machine after sitting for 3 months, but I jumped myself with the second battery. I guess the true seperator uses power (the little blue light). It was a great thing when I could install one jumper and start myself. In the desert there are times I don't see another soul for 2 days at a time, so it is critical. Now I hook up my charger when I know it will sit during the winter. No issues since. I can only guess the seperator would kill a lead acid the same way.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go double lithium with true battery seperator. They fit in the original spot where one lead acid fit. (takes a little whittling with dremel tool on plastic stringers. Nothing serious. Have had them in 2 years with 2 winch experiences with only one issue. The front main battery went too low to start the machine after sitting for 3 months, but I jumped myself with the second battery. I guess the true seperator uses power (the little blue light). It was a great thing when I could install one jumper and start myself. In the desert there are times I don't see another soul for 2 days at a time, so it is critical. Now I hook up my charger when I know it will sit during the winter. No issues since. I can only guess the seperator would kill a lead acid the same way.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m new to this, but what I decided to do was to just pack along a portable lithium jump box.I don’t have a lot of accessories,however I do have a winch.which I had to use this last weekend.I jumped it on to the battery for extra back up and removed it when done, all went well.Pack it around in both my pickup and pioneer .Its rated 1000 amps fits in under hood where u guys are running spare batteries.Great peace of mind

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!