P1000 Little things I noticed!

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC
Test drove the 1000 Saturday in Columbia SC, which by my surprise had not been sold yet! Just wanted to throw out a few things I noticed for those who haven't got to see it yet and want to mention I had the pioneer 700 so can compare it to it.

-a lot quiter than the 700.
-easier to shift into gear than 700.
-no mechanical parking brake.
-low range not a crawling ratio!
- power steering is great! 4lo with diff lock steered on asphalt with ease!
-cup holders on dash are nice and still have the spots for the door cup holders that the 700 has but will have to buy the peice that snaps on door.
-like the filler between seat bottom and top, should help with dust sucking through.
-power is awesome! Shifts very smooth!
- colored body panels are gapped about 1/8" inch or so which may catch mud, dirt, small rocks!? But may be better to wash out than a tighter gap!?
- foot room in the back seat seemed a little tighter because the middle hump for the air filter is bigger than the 700.
-tail gate still dosent lay flat!? Lol
-rear shocks are huge and it puzzles the heck out if me how they can self level with no electrical mechanism!?
- under hood storage seems to be a spot for an extra battery.
-oh $hit handles for back seat nice.
-when in paddle shift mode it will down shift for you if you don't.
-good to have low and high beam lights. One row on low, both on high.
- hood latches are more secure than the 700, a twist and pull down rather then just twist.
-I will add photos tomorrow!

winnscollision

winnscollision

Aug 24, 2013
Saluda SC

trackerkelpie

trackerkelpie

Jun 7, 2015
Thanks for your write up and photos. My Polaris has Nivomat self-levelling shocks which are very effective but you need to be aware of the extra angle they place on the rear drive shafts when the machine is fully loaded, particularly in steep terrain. They do not require any external power source but self adjust to the load in the first couple of hundred metres/yards of the trip.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@winnscollision Thanks for the post. It really looks sharp.
Extra cup holder location I see. I really have found that spot useful on my 700.
Thanks again.

Reactions: JACKAL
bigsnowman

bigsnowman

Winns....I too had a 700 and got to drive a 1000 on Monday (have a 1000-5 coming in a couple weeks). The 1000 seems to do to the 700 what the 700 did to other Side by Sides. I remember getting my 700 and comparing it to some Rangers and Rhinos that friends had. Now when I drove the 1000 I thought that it was more refined than my 700. The engine was quieter, it shifted easier, the power came on much smoother, the shifting was almost unnoticeable as I drove across the parking lot at the dealership (Brothers Motorsports in Baxter, MN, who also have a red deluxe that is unsold), the steering is almost spooky easy, the dash instruments were awesome and the last thing that stood out to me during my brief test drive was the steering wheel seemed to finally be in the right spot. This is an very nice machine that's going to be a ton of fun for years!

Reactions: winnscollision

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!