P1000 Mictuning Dual Volt Meters......Problems?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had issues with these, I'm on my third one. The top meter works perfectly, it's the bottom one, it will read a constant 5 to 8 volts, then when I turn it on it will add the 12 to 14 volts so it reads around 19 volts..........

Dualvolt

MICTUNING LED Digital Double Voltmeter, Round Panel Voltage Monitor Blue for Car Pickup RV Truck Dual Battery Pack
by MICTUNING

Price: $12.98

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had issues with these, I'm on my third one. The top meter works perfectly, it's the bottom one, it will read a constant 5 to 8 volts, then when I turn it on it will add the 12 to 14 volts so it reads around 19 volts..........

View attachment 164257
MICTUNING LED Digital Double Voltmeter, Round Panel Voltage Monitor Blue for Car Pickup RV Truck Dual Battery Pack
by MICTUNING

Price: $12.98

I have the same ones. I have them on some ice fishing boxes and on my p1000.

No issues whatsoever.

Have you verified the readings with a meter?

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you verified the readings with a meter?

Yes I have.

I think its a water intrusion issue. One went bad after washing the pioneer the other after a hard rain. Still, they should be better than that I believe.

Reactions: adnoh
B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am pretty sure that is the same one I have, I have yet to have an issue with it after a year. I spray the inside of my cab with water every time I wash it, no problems yet.

J

JTW

Odd... I’ve washed the s*** out of mine and never had an issue.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is water. I made up some jumpers and wired it direct so I was sure I didn't have a bad connection somewhere. I still got the bad readings so I took my heat gun and dried it out and watched as I was heating it the readings came back down to where they were supposed to be. Who would have thought ? Huh.

Reactions: adnoh
adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
Yes I have.

I think its a water intrusion issue. One went bad after washing the pioneer the other after a hard rain. Still, they should be better than that I believe.

Same here, had problems everytime i washed it. I replaced it with another one , same brand , and never had a problem again

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Holy hell, what is in your water? haha. At what point do you try and get a different brand.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Both of my Mictuning volt meters started on fire in the dash. I'll never buy their products again

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
When I can find another round dual one.
I have several in several colors in stock. But like the others, they failed the water test. So I havent listed then.

Some clear silicone might fix them right up.
I'd sell you some for $5 each + shipping if you want to try.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have several in several colors in stock. But like the others, they failed the water test. So I havent listed then.

Some clear silicone might fix them right up.
I'd sell you some for $5 each + shipping if you want to try.

Thanks but nope. ToddACimer's post and the problems I've had are enough for me to cut the strings on anything Mictuning.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!