P1000 Mounting Gun Case

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So I've got this idea to mount a gun case to the ceiling above the front seats. I will have an aluminum roof and I'm thinking there will be enough head room to turn into storage. I found a case at Cabelas that holds 2 guns. The coolest thing about this one is each gun is accessed from opposite ends of the case. So driver and passenger could get out, reach up, unzip the case, and pull out their rifles. This is all just theory in my head right now.

Cabela's 52" TAC Gear UTV Double Gun Case : Cabela's

I wanted to pose a couple questions to see what everyone's opinions are:

1. How much head room do you think a 6' person could stand to lose before getting cramped?
2. What are your ideas for the best way to mount a gun case to the ceiling?

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I've got this idea to mount a gun case to the ceiling above the front seats. I will have an aluminum roof and I'm thinking there will be enough head room to turn into storage. I found a case at Cabelas that holds 2 guns. The coolest thing about this one is each gun is accessed from opposite ends of the case. So driver and passenger could get out, reach up, unzip the case, and pull out their rifles. This is all just theory in my head right now.

Cabela's 52" TAC Gear UTV Double Gun Case : Cabela's

I wanted to pose a couple questions to see what everyone's opinions are:

1. How much head room do you think a 6' person could stand to lose before getting cramped?
2. What are your ideas for the best way to mount a gun case to the ceiling?
I can't speak to doing what you are looking at, but I have one that hangs behind the front seat from the ROPS. Two rifles, one in each side. I'll see if I can find a pic or a link.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
HD had it for $89 also.

Reactions: Ridem32
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ya that would work too. I am hoping to be able to mount it to the ceiling to save space for other cargo behind the seat.

Reactions: AKRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya that would work too. I am hoping to be able to mount it to the ceiling to save space for other cargo behind the seat.
I just like that I can easily take it out to give it and the machine a good bath. I can get to my rifle pretty easy, also. I lie your idea, though.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used ratcheting rhino grips from Kolpin. 2 on front and 2 on middle. Holds gun or bow. Can take the grips off, leaving the base and they are not in the way if you want to just ride. Hold the gun tight. Not a solution to get to quickly.

Upload 2017 2 5 19 7 51

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!