Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I punched mine on the dirt road and it reminded me of what happened when I did that to my 69 Olds 442. It got so squirrelly I had to let off quick or eat the ditch. This thing has crazy power, and I think it's 0-60 is quicker than many cars. On the straight away on the county chip sealed road I hit 60, and then immediately dropped back to 40. There was just something unnerving about that speed in an open vehicle lacking any of the protections of an automobile. I haven't even gotten the roof and windshield on yet.
Do you have a 3 or 5 Ive got a 1/2 roof for a three cheap

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The P1K is comfortable. The drive is more like a truck. I love the Honda windshield fit. I like the dump bed release being in the cab. It's power is a lot of fun I can see. The twin cylinder engine is really cool, and very tight, quiet. The bed walls and tailgate are a bit delicate for the typical ranch work I do, and when climbing steep terrain just creeping, I get a lot of clutch chatter.

J

JTW

The P1K is comfortable. The drive is more like a truck. I love the Honda windshield fit. I like the dump bed release being in the cab. It's power is a lot of fun I can see. The twin cylinder engine is really cool, and very tight, quiet. The bed walls and tailgate are a bit delicate for the typical ranch work I do, and when climbing steep terrain just creeping, I get a lot of clutch chatter.
Are you in low when creeping?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Give it 2-300 miles and its first service for everything to break in. It gets a ton smoother. I keep up with traffic on the county roads around here just fine. 55 mph speed limit. I also have my roof and windshield on too

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Are you in low when creeping?
Just for clarification, "a lot" is probably subjective, as mama doesn't really notice it. But you would probably agree that our wonderful wives are less observant of the mechanical world then we tend to be. And I don't hear it so much as I feel it. Yeah, low an 1 with the paddle shift. I found out immediately that I didn't care for AT when pulling steep rough terrain.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Give it 2-300 miles and its first service for everything to break in. It gets a ton smoother. I keep up with traffic on the county roads around here just fine. 55 mph speed limit. I also have my roof and windshield on too
Sounds good. Speed wasn't the issue, I easily hit 60 in it and needed no more. It's the low end.

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, low an 1 with the paddle shift. I found out immediately that I didn't care for AT when pulling steep rough terrain.
That's my opinion as well. I find myself feathering the engagement point of the clutch at those super low speeds. I know that's probably not good on it. I'm also 500lb heavier than you are likely.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think switching to an automotive tire will greatly increase its on road manners though

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's my opinion as well. I find myself feathering the engagement point of the clutch at those super low speeds. I know that's probably not good on it. I'm also 500lb heavier than you are likely.
Exactly, which feels to me like it would be damaging, even if it isn't.

Reactions: moparornocar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll bet. I just don't much care for it at 60.
Won't lie, scared the s*** out of me the first few times I did it too. You'll get plenty of practice in SD though :D.

Btw. This is my 2,000th post! Yay me!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Won't lie, scared the s*** out of me the first few times I did it too. You'll get plenty of practice in SD though :D.

Btw. This is my 2,000th post! Yay me!
Lol, you big poster you!!!!! GO MOPAR

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don't believe I'm interested in 60 mph without far more protection then the Pioneer can provide, and certainly will not be pulling an Osprey around at 60 mph.

J

JTW

I've only noticed that when in high range.. low seems to perform as it should.

J

JTW

Just for clarification, "a lot" is probably subjective, as mama doesn't really notice it. But you would probably agree that our wonderful wives are less observant of the mechanical world then we tend to be. And I don't hear it so much as I feel it. Yeah, low an 1 with the paddle shift. I found out immediately that I didn't care for AT when pulling steep rough terrain.
Lol.. I understand!

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I punched mine on the dirt road and it reminded me of what happened when I did that to my 69 Olds 442. It got so squirrelly I had to let off quick or eat the ditch. This thing has crazy power, and I think it's 0-60 is quicker than many cars. On the straight away on the county chip sealed road I hit 60, and then immediately dropped back to 40. There was just something unnerving about that speed in an open vehicle lacking any of the protections of an automobile. I haven't even gotten the roof and windshield on yet.
Yea I haven't floored it yet either, doesn't seem like the stock tires would be up to it? So how is it more unnerving than riding a bike and punching it? Explain please.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yea I haven't floored it yet either, doesn't seem like the stock tires would be up to it? So how is it more unnerving than riding a bike and punching it? Explain please.
Riding a motorcycle I take it you mean?? I don't believe I ever suggested that it was. But I sold my enduro some time ago, don't ride them anymore. Have enough raspberries, metal plates and pins and you begin to loose your nerve with age, one starts thinking more before hand about how much it's going to hurt and how much slower recovery is. I'll stay on four wheels here on out. :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!