Need advice on 500 vs 700-4

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
Hello,
New guy here. I'm looking at buying a new side by side this year. I can afford to buy the P500 now, the P700-4 would have to wait till fall. We have two little girls and the plan was to buy the P500 and carry one girl on my ATV and one in the P500 with the wife. I like the idea of it being smaller and easier to get around on the trails. I'm also hoping Honda will come out with some sport side by side models so I can buy one for myself later.
How is the 700-4 on tight trails? I don't know if I should just buy one vehicle for all of us.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have ridden my 700 with someone who had a 500. I have seen the 500 in action and it's much easier to maneuver in tight places.

The 700 is smoother riding and I like the idea of having the whole family under the roll cage but if your trails are tight, the 700 would not be good.

Welcome to the club. Keep us posted on what you decide.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
tight trails on a 700 is tough. I ride a lot of old atv trails and the 700's girth can make it challenging. The nice part would be all of you could ride in one machine

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Kids love the p500. We go slow and I let them drive and I run the throttle. Safer and more stable than a atv and more room in the cab than you think. I hauled another adult and three kids under 12 and the only complaint was everyone wanted to drive.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I too went through what you are.Turned out that they all want to be together,and so do I.I ride on some tight trails and Im 65 inches wide.The 500 would go much better.But we would be on different machines.My wifes riding experience is very little.The trails I cant fit on are trails I would not want her to navigate herself.Just my 2 cents.

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
The thing that's keeping me from jumping right in and getting the 700-4 is I'd like to have a sport UTV for myself in the next couple of years. Decisions decisions

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
ohhhh now the truth comes out lol! get the 700 them your family can ride in one and you in yours.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Get the 700-4 take the family with you more fun and safer. I know people that have family and leave them at home or with other family members but that might not be best in the long run. Just my opinion you asked.

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
If Honda would restyle the 700-4 to look more sporty, add a low gear and do something with that ugly rollbar. I'd buy one tomorrow. That's the only things keeping it from being perfect.
My wife likes the P500. If we bought it now she could haul one or both girls and I could join them on my Kingquad. Then if Honda comes out with the rumored sporty RZR killer I could sell my quad and buy that. The p500 would be handy around the house.
If Honda comes out with a 4 seated sport ute with a short wheelbase with a low gear they would bankrupt Polaris.
I'm this close " to going for the RZR 570 on looks alone.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
If Honda would restyle the 700-4 to look more sporty, add a low gear and do something with that ugly rollbar. I'd buy one tomorrow. That's the only things keeping it from being perfect.
My wife likes the P500. If we bought it now she could haul one or both girls and I could join them on my Kingquad. Then if Honda comes out with the rumored sporty RZR killer I could sell my quad and buy that. The p500 would be handy around the house.
If Honda comes out with a 4 seated sport ute with a short wheelbase with a low gear they would bankrupt Polaris.
I'm this close " to going for the RZR 570 on looks alone.

We have both the P700-4 and the P500. You could all go in the 700-4. We have made many memories in ours. I love to hear the nieces and nephews and grandkids when we pile in the 700 and go for a ride. The smiles and giggles.The 500 is small, fun, nimble and handles the tight places and woods great. I don't think Honda is going to bankrupt Polaris but I don't buy for looks. Best wishes on whatever you get.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!