Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Skeeterfx20

Jun 5, 2017
Hallsboro NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello I'm new to site, just bought pioneer 1000-5 deluxe 200 miles showroom condition! I'm not mud seeker just love riding kids, however I'm hearing a loud popping sound like somthing is in bind coming from rear end? It's at low speed 1-3
Mph and when I start to accelerate! I heard changing rear diff fluid would help somethings but not sure. If I do need change fluid what is best recommended thanks?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Popping sound I don't like but people have different explanations. Amsoil 75-140 is great.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Might check your cable adjustment.. diff lock may not be fully engaging/disengaging.I think it was @snuffnwhisky that was popping out of lock at RRB.

S

Skeeterfx20

Jun 5, 2017
Hallsboro NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It sounds like diff trying to engage and disengage could be the issue! Is that procedure hard to do?

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have had to adjust mine 3 or 4 times and when it was out pretty bad the first time, it would pop like that.

The procedure outlined in the manual should work, but sometimes it will get you close but you may have to make some further adjustments to tweak it in.

A great way to check it is to put it in Neutral (on level ground ;) ) and then shift it between 2WD and Turf. When it 2WD the cable going to the rear diff needs to be loose and kinda floppy, when in Turf it should be tight with no play. Shift back to Park (where it should also be loose) and make your adjustments.

It might take some tweaking to get it right and you may have to tweak some more after the cables stretch further, particularly after you go for a long ride.

S

Skeeterfx20

Jun 5, 2017
Hallsboro NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys for the help, I'll be back home Wednesday from work and I'm going straight home work on it

Reactions: GlockMeister
Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R
Thanks guys for the help, I'll be back home Wednesday from work and I'm going straight home work on it

@Skeeterfx20 Did this fix this issue? I have a 16' P1000-3 and seems to be having these same issues. I can shift to H or L or R and move maybe 5 foot and I hear a pop from driveline. After the one initial pop it no longer makes the noise again until shifting to a different mode.

Please anyone chime in if you know anything regarding this. Really trying to not give the stealership my cabbage if it's just a cable adjustment.

Brett002

Brett002

Feb 28, 2017
Bangladesh
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon R

Please anyone chime in if you know anything regarding this. Really trying to not give the stealership my cabbage if it's just a cable adjustment.

@snuffnwhisky @crow_hunter @drfubar @CumminsPusher @GlockMeister @Delton @JACKAL

I really would appreciate the help guys. I'm sure this community you all do so much for around here appreciates it too. A lot of pioneer knowledge in those "@" tags!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Brett002
Please start a new thread and we will chime in to help you. Dragging up OLD threads just serves for confusion. Feel free to link the thread in your first post for research.

Edit, Start with watching the videos posted and making adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!