P500 New 17 P500

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Picked up my new 17 500 today! Called my dealer on Tuesday to see where it was at and he said it was shipped that day. Was about ready to take a nap & here he called and said it was in today. I don't know where the 500s are made but damn that was fast shipping to ND. Took it for a quick spin around the block just to see how the automatic shifted and man thats totally different.

My brother in law is making me a box so thats what you see on the back. I wish Honda would put these on standard. He will be painting it this weekend and finish mounting it. Next is a snorkel and then the famous GLOVE BOX from Chooglin. Later this year will be a roof and winch. I wanna do something for music also but just haven't come across something I really care for yet.

IMG 1072 IMG 1073

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Nice P500! I'm biting at the bit, to get one myself. On one hand, I'm tempted to wait, to see what the changes are for the 2018 models, to see if Honda does decide to put a factory bed on them. On the other hand, I want one right now! lol

Nice looking bed so far on yours. Was wondering how much does it weigh? I may build my own, but wasn't sure how much weight a steel bed would add. BTW, that green color is growing own me fast! I wanted a camo, but just not sure if I can justify the extra cost.

Nice P500!

Reactions: Little_g
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nice P500! I'm biting at the bit, to get one myself. On one hand, I'm tempted to wait, to see what the changes are for the 2018 models, to see if Honda does decide to put a factory bed on them. On the other hand, I want one right now! lol

Nice looking bed so far on yours. Was wondering how much does it weigh? I may build my own, but wasn't sure how much weight a steel bed would add. BTW, that green color is growing own me fast! I wanted a camo, but just not sure if I can justify the extra cost.

Nice P500!
I believe is around like 15lbs so far. Still needs to get the bottom welded on as of last night. I don't think its gonna be too much added weight. I wasn't a fan of the green at first either but like you said its growing on me and I also didn't wanna spend the extra cash on the camo. I wish it was a little bit darker like they had in 16 to me that was "honda" green.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I believe is around like 15lbs so far. Still needs to get the bottom welded on as of last night. I don't think its gonna be too much added weight. I wasn't a fan of the green at first either but like you said its growing on me and I also didn't wanna spend the extra cash on the camo. I wish it was a little bit darker like they had in 16 to me that was "honda" green.

I got the camo. Didn't realize it was more $$... Once you get abit of mud on that '17 green it'll look like camo!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Congratulations! I'm jealous! What was the damage on the ol' walleto_O

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congratulations! I'm jealous! What was the damage on the ol' walleto_O
Damage to the bank was $8500 so not horrible. I know I probably could have got a little better deal where I purchased my 15 at but they pissed me off so bad the last time I was there I wasn't going back. This place was was closer to home and small town dealership so I wanted to go with them. My cousin got his 1000 there and said he had a great buying experience as did I. To me thats 100% worth it. Like I said probably not the best deal out there but hey.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Not bad! I've given Pure Honda out of Minot my business. They are not the lowest, but treat me like they want my business! lol

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not bad! I've given Pure Honda out of Minot my business. They are not the lowest, but treat me like they want my business! lol
That's exactly what I liked about Park River Implement. The one in Grand Forks is a joke. They just want your money and want you out the door.

Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement
lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

That's not bad on the weight, it looks good too. Yea I would consider the other green more of a Honda green, however my current foreman 500 is that color, and I'm ready for something new. This color looks refreshing, I'll say that.

Once you get abit of mud on that '17 green it'll look like camo!

Ha that's funny, and true!

They are not the lowest, but treat me like they want my business! lol

Yes that absolutely means a lot. I had bought one of my previous Foreman 500's, from one of the largest local dealers in the south, and also one of the oldest, in the USA, still in orperation today, because they were the cheapest at the time. I'm not one to really post something negative, but I left there feeling like they didn't appreciate my business. I brought it in under warranty to service a couple of minor things, and they basically just ignored the issues and did nothing.

I went there right after Christmas just to look at a P500 in Person because no one else had one in stock. I got the same treatment again. I wouldn't consider buying one there at this point regardless of the price. Good points.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
That's exactly what I liked about Park River Implement. The one in Grand Forks is a joke. They just want your money and want you out the door.

I ran into the same kind of treatment in Miles City, MT. And although their prices are not bad for this area, not any great deals.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Damage to the bank was $8500 so not horrible. I know I probably could have got a little better deal where I purchased my 15 at but they pissed me off so bad the last time I was there I wasn't going back. This place was was closer to home and small town dealership so I wanted to go with them. My cousin got his 1000 there and said he had a great buying experience as did I. To me thats 100% worth it. Like I said probably not the best deal out there but hey.
Actually if you had a pleasant buying experience you did get the best deal out there. :) Glad you've got it.

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I really shouldn't be looking at accessories when I'm bored at work. Just pulled the trigger and ordered the roof. This accessorizing is becoming an addiction. I'll have to pick up more shifts to cover this bad habit. Good thing I have lots of winter left to pick up extra shifts at my second job to help pay for this! lol

Reactions: Eltobgi
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Picked up my new 17 500 today! Called my dealer on Tuesday to see where it was at and he said it was shipped that day. Was about ready to take a nap & here he called and said it was in today. I don't know where the 500s are made but damn that was fast shipping to ND. Took it for a quick spin around the block just to see how the automatic shifted and man thats totally different.

My brother in law is making me a box so thats what you see on the back. I wish Honda would put these on standard. He will be painting it this weekend and finish mounting it. Next is a snorkel and then the famous GLOVE BOX from Chooglin. Later this year will be a roof and winch. I wanna do something for music also but just haven't come across something I really care for yet.

View attachment 32233 View attachment 32234
I was wondering if you noticed any difference in the ride between the 15 and the 17 ,I understand that they are using different shocks and would like to know if the ride is any better.Would it be worth it to replace the shocks on my 15 with 17 shocks ? Or isn't it noticeable ?
Thanks.

J

JTW

I was wondering if you noticed any difference in the ride between the 15 and the 17 ,I understand that they are using different shocks and would like to know if the ride is any better.Would it be worth it to replace the shocks on my 15 with 17 shocks ? Or isn't it noticeable ?
Thanks.
It's not that noticeable.. Better in some ways but not enough to warrant swapping

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks.
I'd like to be the one telling you that there's a nice noticeable difference, but like JTW said it's not gonna be that much. I wish I could get out there and ride and tell you it would be. We've just got so much damn snow up here in ND that we won't be riding until late March or early April.

We have a big ride on Good Friday that we get 300+ riders for up here that goes to the cancer center at our local hospital. I wanna take the new 500, but I dont think I'll get much time on it before then to "break it in". I'm gonna end up taking my 2007 rancher. It's starting to get a little nicer here and be in the upper 20s to 30s. Lol. For some that may sound cold but we've been in the negatives for quite a while that this is a heat wave for us.

Thinking About moving here within the next year or two and seriously considering N or South Carolina. Not dead set on a place yet but definitely time to make a move. It would be so nice to have the opportunity to go riding whenever you want and not have to wait until it warms up or the snow melts. Why not move somewhere where you can do what would like? Will see what happens! Just gotta get a plan in place and make it happen.

Reactions: iowaguy and JTW
Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
79 degrees right now in Chattanooga, TN. TN has no income tax, east TN has nice terrain if you like mountains, (hills compared to Rockies!)
Thats exactly where i'd like to be. Somewhere with hills/mountains and nice all year. Still have to do some research yet, but I know for sure i'll be going somewhere I can ride all year, camp, & do all the stuff I like.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!