P500 New guy looking for info.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I live in central Floriba and water hasn't been a problem yet but we have had a lot of rain in the last two weeks and the summer rains are starting. Is there any vent lines I need to extend or reroute to head off any potential problems? I will not be in deep water, only 12 to 15 inches, and only for a short time, 10 to 20 yards, and dry again. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I live in central Floriba and water hasn't been a problem yet but we have had a lot of rain in the last two weeks and the summer rains are starting. Is there any vent lines I need to extend or reroute to head off any potential problems? I will not be in deep water, only 12 to 15 inches, and only for a short time, 10 to 20 yards, and dry again. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Definetly front and rear diffs, gas tank, radiator fan hose. Btw, we're going to Hogwaller in Palatka saturday for the day. It should be a giant slop hole from all the rain we've been getting. If youre close enough you should meet us there! :)

Reactions: rtn001 and 100Acre
P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bchild covered it well. But FROM EXPERIENCE, if nothing else .... raise the gas tank vent and cooling fan vent. I didn’t plan on anything over the tires, but my X-ray glasses batteries crapped out and things went deep .... fast.

Welcome to the club.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Bchild covered it well. But FROM EXPERIENCE, if nothing else .... raise the gas tank vent and cooling fan vent. I didn’t plan on anything over the tires, but my X-ray glasses batteries crapped out and things went deep .... fast.

Welcome to the club.
Checked out videos and think the gas tank and fan vent will be all I will need to do. Thanks!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Checked out videos and think the gas tank and fan vent will be all I will need to do. Thanks!
Consider extending all the vents. The time and money spent extending will be cheaper than draining and refilling diffs due to water contamination. Like it was said above, X'ray glasses don't work very well.

Reactions: 100Acre
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Consider extending all the vents. The time and money spent extending will be cheaper than draining and refilling diffs due to water contamination. Like it was said above, X'ray glasses don't work very well.
10-4 I was looking at the ones I could see and have decided to do just that. Thanks again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!