New member from western NC pioneer 1000

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is the bag I keep in that large storage compartment under the seat, winch accessories!

Reactions: joeymt33
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First two is Intersection of 2 roads and second creek crossing one in the same.
Pic of same road in previous post showing angle of 1000. Top is twice that. Easier to tell angle with it on it.
30' straight drop above pic. Not a lot of gray area when it's a 6 foot road. You can't mis-steer a couple feet or risk sliding when it's wet. That's the reason I have to go slow

Ok that should be enough to satisfy the curiosity!

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A Bungee cord :) A real feat of engineering it was..

Strapped it into a u coming from roof and leave loop right by dump lever. Then just pull under lever and it pops it up and leaves it there.

Used both arms and works "better". 50% improvement. Was able to now dump with 50% less rock in bed.

I'll take it!!!!!!

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You tried holding the latch up and backing up and stomping the brakes?

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You tried holding the latch up and backing up and stomping the brakes?

Actually, it works much better taking off in low full throttle. Going reverse and stomping brakes doesnt really work...surprisingly.

But stomp on it in low and you get that "jerk" along with the front end pitching up in the air and it does a superb job. Not unloading it, but by shifting the load a few inches and onto the open tailgate so I have the extra off balance of weight that will let me dump with my hand helping.

Last edited:
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Something just hit me like a ton of bricks, the rubber bed mat!

Can't possibly help having something to grip that rock which makes sense why it doesn't work in reverse.

Never even crossed my mind one time to take it out and I'll bet you hitting the brakes in reverse would work wonders then!

Of course that's a double-edged sword, the whole reason of the mat is to protect against such things :)

Last edited:
D

Dasmoeturhead

Wow! You wasn't kidding about building a road. Mines a trail, no gravel. I know what you mean by how the camera makes it look easy. I have the same steepness as you, and all my pictures look like the trail is almost flat, but it's so steep like you say, you can either roll over, or slide sideways. It's so wet up here right now that I almost didn't make it back yesterday from sliding down 2 sections of the trail. Scary!
Like the pictures, and it looks like a fun road, even if it is flat. Hahaha

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow! You wasn't kidding about building a road. Mines a trail, no gravel. I know what you mean by how the camera makes it look easy. I have the same steepness as you, and all my pictures look like the trail is almost flat, but it's so steep like you say, you can either roll over, or slide sideways. It's so wet up here right now that I almost didn't make it back yesterday from sliding down 2 sections of the trail. Scary!
Like the pictures, and it looks like a fun road, even if it is flat. Hahaha

Gravel is just for the on-ramps as they are really steep and when it rains I can't get up them. Once you remove the forest vegetation it's all mud and slip-n-slide.

Only 3 of them and it's taken 2-16 ton loads! Debating right now if I want a 3rd while I have my digging machine here another 2 days.

This mud sucks up the base and turns it all into a brown slushie!

advertisement
Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Oh man, that's nice. Last pic looks like an advertisement for Honda!

And yours is flatter. Mine is literally tucked in between two mountains 100' to 200' apart depending and roads have be cut so steep.

But biggest thing I noticed is the amount of trees. I'm loaded one after another. An excavator on your property would go lightning fast!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dasmoeturhead
D

Dasmoeturhead

Yeah that'd be the ticket. It's so soft right now I had to cease logging operations. That's the good thing about being retired. I'll just move on to the next 1,000 things on my list of things to do. One thing for sure though, this P1 is the best thing I ever bought myself. I can't imagine doing the kind of work I do around here without it. Like you I was a bit disappointed when I had a giant load of firewood rounds in the bed, and it wouldn't dump it. Sure did beat carrying it down the mountain though.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
E
Yeah that'd be the ticket. It's so soft right now I had to cease logging operations. That's the good thing about being retired. I'll just move on to the next 1,000 things on my list of things to do. One thing for sure though, this P1 is the best thing I ever bought myself. I can't imagine doing the kind of work I do around here without it. Like you I was a bit disappointed when I had a giant load of firewood rounds in the bed, and it wouldn't dump it. Sure did beat carrying it down the mountain though.

I will say, the roads take away a little bit of the fun and adventure, just driving around randomly with no trails is probably pretty fun for you!

Firewood or sawmill?

D

Dasmoeturhead

Firewood, natural wood borders, and also to swap firewood for fly fishing lessons, and flies . My neighbors a guide, and he needs firewood, and I want to learn how to flyfish.

Reactions: sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!