R

RutNBull

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2018
Lapine Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
Good morning from Central Oregon.
New to forum and been lurking around for a couple months. Pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago and picked up a demo 2017. Been spending kids and grandkids inheritance. Front bumper, windshield, roof, rear rack, rear storage box, 2" receiver hitch. That's been easy. Now to the tuff stuff. ELECTRICAL. You see I'm
just a worn out nail pusher ( carpenter ). Pretty much know what I'm going to do and what to use thanks to you members out there. Here's where I need some help.
Looking for dash switch plate for a 500. I know one of the members is making them. Not sure who.
Thanks for any help.
" DILLY, DILLY"
FYI. Neighbor on the way over to the valley to pull trigger on a new 500 ( 2017) this AM.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Missouri.
There's a lot of threads on here dealing with wiring accessories etc. Try the search function on the right below the page banner. I'd post some links but the search function doesn't work well for me with iPhone/Safari for some reason

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad to have you with us. Was in your neighborhood last year. (have a son in Keizer)
Still bending nails around here.

Let the SPENDING begin!
ENJOY!!!!

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I orderèd one on Amazon. Didnt need a pricier custom job. Its 100% up to the task. Then added afew more single toggles in clear spots on the dash.
Screenshot 20180310 211620

Lots of choice. And easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: SXSHP500CO
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Central Arkansas. I use a Amazon switch panel. No problems .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
New to forum and been lurking around for a couple months. Pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago and picked up a demo 2017. Been spending kids and grandkids inheritance. Front bumper, windshield, roof, rear rack, rear storage box, 2" receiver hitch. That's been easy. Now to the tuff stuff. ELECTRICAL. You see I'm
just a worn out nail pusher ( carpenter ). Pretty much know what I'm going to do and what to use thanks to you members out there. Here's where I need some help.
Looking for dash switch plate for a 500. I know one of the members is making them. Not sure who.
Thanks for any help.
" DILLY, DILLY"
FYI. Neighbor on the way over to the valley to pull trigger on a new 500 ( 2017) this AM.
Welcome.. Enjoy the Ride from S/C Wisconsin

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of great threads on here for electrical. If you run into a snag just start a thread for your project and people will jump in to help. Enjoy your ride.

Reactions: Chooglin
advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for any help.
" DILLY, DILLY"
Welcome from Missouri, you will find all the help you need on this site. These guys are pretty good at helping solve problems and helping with your build.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Think about saving space for a future glovebox.

Reactions: Chooglin
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club from Cleveland!
Don't be scared about 12v DC systems. Wiring on these things is easy if you know the basics.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
WElcome from iNDIANA. I went the Amazon switch plate route as I chose the Chooglin glove box (must have). We are always here to help with any questions, don't be afraid to ask!! There is no stupid question if you don't know....goodluck

Reactions: trigger
Livinthelegend

Livinthelegend

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
X2.........everybody needs a glove box :)

Welcome! The glove boxes being referenced are a great easy upgrade. You will get it quick, paint it, and installs very easy. With that said, the guy that makes them is someone to keep your eye on. I hear rumor that if you put your beer down and turn your back, he will steal it. But hey, that is just rumor.

W

Whistlepigp5

Mar 12, 2018
Melba, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Just noticed this on my new 2017 it looks like Honda made outlines inside the back of the dash for switch cutouts

15E24FE7 C26D 4906 BE48 9B49D09247DA

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome, Electrical work no problem with an inexpensive volt/continuity tester, a good quality wire stripper/crimps..and alot of patience, LOL.
Many good posts here when you are ready to do a Search on your next project. Based on forum advice, I ran a hot lead (6 gauge) from the battery thru a Bussman Switched waterproof breaker (185 amps) then to the under hood area for adding future accessories. Taking the time to remove the skid pan made it easier (one time and done). Some type of terminal connection helps for all the stuff I keep adding over time (winch, power steering, lights, radio, horn...). Enjoy the journey.

959A0141 DC3E 4EFE 8C59 90746D238E91 2B80C8BC 6E48 41FD A746 EEFF97578EC3

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!