P1000 New Pioneer

G

G21C

Apr 29, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello, I just joined this forum.

We own a 2016 P1K-5 Deluxe in camo. It has been a great machine so far.

Our biggest complaint is the comfort when trail riding. We get beat up when riding and we don’t ride hard.

We talked about upgrading to an LE P1K because it has the Fox Shocks. Will the Fox be big upgrade in comfort over the standard shocks?

rode in a 21 General XP and a 21 RMax this weekend. Obviously with 14”-15” of travel and buckets those machines were more comfortable. Considering the General but not sure I want to give up the Honda reliability.

Any 2022 Pioneer rumors yet?

Thank you for the help

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from michigan!

yes, i would upgrade the shocks. Its a marked difference from crummy stock shocks. Also no word on any changes in 22’. If u like a rubber band drive, go with the others you mentioned.

BTW, PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another welcome from Michigan.
If you go for the Fox shocks good luck finding them. I had a set ordered on Ebay for 3 weeks and they never shipped. I canceled the order and went with Elka Stage 3 from Ishock.
They'll take 6-8 weeks but I know they are ordered.
I sure hope they're worth it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Our biggest complaint is the comfort when trail riding. We get beat up when riding and we don’t ride hard.

We talked about upgrading to an LE P1K because it has the Fox Shocks. Will the Fox be big upgrade in comfort over the standard shocks?

rode in a 21 General XP and a 21 RMax this weekend. Obviously with 14”-15” of travel and buckets those machines were more comfortable. Considering the General but not sure I want to give up the Honda reliability.

Thank you for the help
WELCOME! From NW Arkansas! I put Elka's on ours, made a big difference, no RZR though!

G

G21C

Apr 29, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you everyone for the replies and welcome greetings

We love the Honda but something more comfortable would be great for trail riding. We do use the machine for utility work and trail riding.

We try and upgrade every 5 years or so. We have owned AC ATVs and a Kawi TRex, so I’m familiar with the belt drive but going back to it after the DCT might be tough. First world problems i guess.

Any guesses if Honda will make changes to the P1K for 2022.

Here is a pic of our machine with our lab patiently waiting to go for a ride.

thanks again for the advice.

60D5028C 5EBE 4403 9B18 B7D5E5CE6E1D

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Our friends have a General. First 50 miles, Air Conditioning gear broke inside gearbox. Then after 100 miles in Quartzite, AZ on roads gearbox blew up. Guess is some parts of old gear found there way in-between something else. New gearbox, now up for sale. Guess living in the shop for 5 months of a 1 year ownership made them give up on Polaris. They wish Honda had an A/C model. Maybe Honda is listening, maybe not.

Reactions: Lady01
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Utah. I went back and forth b/t the DLX and LE and went with a 2021 P1K5 LE - and the shocks were the tipping feature.
The Fox QS3’s have been great. That said, there are a number of threads where folks added Elkas for less money and love them.
I had a Trex before, and really liked it for trail riding and plowing. Seeing your utility, trail riding and Labrador-toting needs, I think the Pioneer is the best answer - I use mine for the same three purposes. The front bench seat is great for a big lab and the Missus.
67CED7BD 1B7A 47B2 BE70 C8F4F8927D6A

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thank you for the help
Do not buy the LE it’s over priced for nothing. Just buy shocks for the one you have. LE does not have locking front differential and I 4WD is a joke. You can’t buy aftermarket axles so forget ever lifting it. It’s a poor design. I just bought the fox shocks for my 1,000

75531E5F 6BEF 42F3 950A E2C0D9F98278

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you everyone for the replies and welcome greetings

We love the Honda but something more comfortable would be great for trail riding. We do use the machine for utility work and trail riding.

We try and upgrade every 5 years or so. We have owned AC ATVs and a Kawi TRex, so I’m familiar with the belt drive but going back to it after the DCT might be tough. First world problems i guess.

Any guesses if Honda will make changes to the P1K for 2022.

Here is a pic of our machine with our lab patiently waiting to go for a ride.

thanks again for the advice.

View attachment 269506
Honda never makes changes. The pioneer 1,000 will remain the same for the next 10 years. They might come out with a complete different sxs but never upgraded the one they originally built.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And another opinion.
I have an LE, didn't over pay for it, came with all the junk you'll add $ and I4WD will go any where lockers go. I ride with them.
It doesnt break axles(unless you do dumb s***t) and there are guys that lift them with no issues,
if that's what you want.
Buy what you like and don't look back.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. Our 2016 P1000-3 is primarily used for farm and yard stuff. I don't know of anything new for 2022.

#NTC

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda never makes changes. The pioneer 1,000 will remain the same for the next 10 years. They might come out with a complete different sxs but never upgraded the one they originally built.
Sad but true, they tool their powersports plant to produce a really good product but never re tool to push them over the top. IMO..

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
And another opinion.
I have an LE, didn't over pay for it, came with all the junk you'll add $ and I4WD will go any where lockers go. I ride with them.
It doesnt break axles(unless you do dumb s***t) and there are guys that lift them with no issues,
if that's what you want.
Buy what you like and don't look back.
There are zero axles available for a LE. I 4WD is a open front end non positive traction that uses brakes to try to make it one. That’s a joke because wet brakes don’t work well and zero possibility a open front end will pull good as a locker. I got 11,000 miles on a non LE and I’ve not broke a axle yet. 31 11.50 r15 truck tires and a bracket lift is not a real lift. The max you could do is 3” and then you’re screwed if you need better axles

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right!
I carry these as a spare. 150 bucks.
KMA

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!