Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Love it. Super simple. Looks great.

View attachment 321277
Thank you! Appreciate that! I’m so glad you guys are liking this!

The black actually looks good on the blue with the black roll cage and fender grate nearby.

This evening and Saturday will be welding days for me to get as many as possible to powder coat Monday.

volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
Just got it installed last week. Fit great and was a really easy install. The hardest part is getting all the push pins out. They are all over the place! I painted the top of the tube. On the LV X the blue paint was close to Ford Sonic Blue Pearl. I had some rubber laying around so i remade the surround instead of reusing the original.

Finished2
Finished
Newrubber

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I see a lot of Canadians hitting my website. By default my shipping rules do not allow for shipping to Canada because the website does not provide a live shipping quote when purchasing. However, if any of you guys are interested in my products please email me an address and I can get you a good shipping quote through Shippo. They have huge discounts on UPS shipping. Shipping is the about the only thing I do not about Wix and even Shopify. I have asked for real time shipping prices. That would be WONDERFUL!

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just installed mine, if you think you will want 4 or 5 point harnesses, then wait & do them at the same time because it's the same panel for both jobs and it sucks to remove.

If you decide to not reuse the rubber flap, it can be easily removed by just pulling and stretching it off the pins instead of trying to remove that many more of the cursed things.

The idea of an internal 4" to 3" reducer on the filter sounded a bit janky, but once seeing it in person, it's a solid piece that should be fine. I don't have a 3" hole saw, so I ended up using a step drill to quickly remove big bits of the hole, then a simple folding razor knife to trim it to size. The plastic is surprisingly soft and the provided template is perfect.

volkspower

volkspower

Feb 28, 2017
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X
I used a 3-1/8" hole saw. You could get by with a 3" or just cut it with a knife as its very soft plastic.

Reactions: stellarpod
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I used a 3-1/8" hole saw. You could get by with a 3" or just cut it with a knife as its very soft plastic.
The plastic is very soft! I was thinking it would be like ATV fender plastic but it's not. A sharp razor knife easily cuts through.

Hopefully by the end of this month (March 2022) I'll have my custom 3" Desertcraft filters. Until then I have to use a spacer to fit the 4" filter on the 3" tube. These kits are selling better than I ever thought they would so I decided to make the investment in the filters. This is very costly! Even Desertcraft wouldn't commit to the filters without my investment. I mean they are a small business too but this filter will be specific for my application only. After talking with Adam490, the same 3" filter could be used by anyone that wants to add a pre-filter mod to their P1000. In the near future I am considering designing a similar pre-filter kit for the P1000. This forum will be the first to see them too. You guys are great!

M

Moog5050

Feb 6, 2022
Rochester
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I am excited to add this to the new machine’

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Occurred to me this morning that I neglected to post pics of my install. Of course, it looks pretty much like everyone else's. I'm pleased with the install and the look. Time will tell whether I'm pleased with the results, but I have no reason to think it won't be a vast improvement over the stock filter alone.

IMG 1949

IMG 1951

Steve

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Got mine done today, fit & finish is awesome, wish the OEM accessories fit this well. Thanks @highpocket74
20220305 12023320220305 12031420220305 12102720220305 121101

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Are these going to be available in the blue?
I talked with the powder coat guy today and he said [edit: $10] extra for talon blue, red, and orange. So if you want colors that’s what it will cost. It will be at least a week to week and a half before I have any blues. I’ll get a few done the next round and see how the demand is. Hoping to get more tubes to powder coat next week.

I only have a limited supply of Desertcraft filters and when they are gone, it will be around the end of March 2022 before I get another shipment in. They are being manufactured right now. I blew right through all of their inventory that was available when I started this. Surprised both of us!!

Last edited:
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Also, I think I need to split the intake tube and filter listings to be able to more acurately keep track of inventory and when I need to restock. I''ll have to think this through to still make purchasing easy. If I begin adding more color options for the tubes the single listing is going to become very messy for acurate inventory.

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Also, I think I need to split the intake tube and filter listings to be able to more acurately keep track of inventory and when I need to restock. I''ll have to think this through to still make purchasing easy. If I begin adding more color options for the tubes the single listing is going to become very messy for acurate inventory.

I'd recommend that you only offer color for the above-the-fender portion. Leave all of the below-fender tubes in black, as they'll be covered anyway. That would simplify your inventory concerns.

Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!