highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Got a couple tubes made up yesterday to test fit-up and run some trials on.

Cover plates are at the shop for laser cutting and cnc bending.

I have a printable template made for the required fender cut.

Once all the pieces are in my hands then I’ll make sure they all work for a perfect fit.

Planning on selling the tube and pre filter separately so people can run what ever 3” outlet filter they want to, UNI, K&N, etc. I’ll have a filter available of course to go with the tube.

Holidays coming up will slow down everything so I’m trying to get ahead of that. Shooting for having these ready to go in January

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

Once all the pieces are in my hands then I’ll make sure they all work for a perfect fit.

Planning on selling the tube and pre filter separately so people can run what ever 3” outlet filter they want to, UNI, K&N, etc. I’ll have a filter available of course to go with the tube.

Holidays coming up will slow down everything so I’m trying to get ahead of that. Shooting for having these ready to go in January
Sweet!! I am interested in 2 of them!!! I have been holding off to see how this kit finishes up! I really like the simplicity and dry filter option! Thanks!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The R2C prefilter kit that @highpocket74 sells is a great filter to use on the snorkel kit and it flows lots of air. I ran a K&N filter when I first built mine and it sucked having to wash and re-oil the stupid filter after every race. With The R2C all I ever did for maintenance was blow it out with air and rinse the sock in the sink and back on it went. I raced 9 rounds at Texplex with that prefilter setup and my stock Honda air filter still looked new.

In my opinion this prefilter kit is a must have item for our Talons. The less times we open the air box or remove the stock filter the less of a chance there is for potential catastrophic engine damage from ingesting dirt.

sandbaja

sandbaja

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2021
San Diego, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

2. Talon X4 LV

I'm still enamored with the snorkel you made for me (post #2) and feel fortunate to have one of the two you built. It was made well and is unique.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My goal is to make things that work and are easy for the average joe to install and use. I’m just getting started into designing my own parts and this is so much fun! Still a lot of work figuring out everything but fun.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693 and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm still enamored with the snorkel you made for me (post #2) and feel fortunate to have one of the two you built. It was made well and is unique.
Thanks buddy! I could build more if people are interested but the price would get up there with a particle separator!! The short version is MUCH simpler to build!:D

advertisement
DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
Have you noticed any performance issues? I designed one very similar for my previous SXS. I did notice a little lag when stomping the pedal. Also when wide open, it seemed to be starving for air. I'm pretty sure I know why it happened and I DONT see that same design flaw in yours. So I'm assuming your performance wont be affected.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Have you noticed any performance issues? I designed one very similar for my previous SXS. I did notice a little lag when stomping the pedal. Also when wide open, it seemed to be starving for air. I'm pretty sure I know why it happened and I DONT see that same design flaw in yours. So I'm assuming your performance wont be affected.
After 2 full ride days in Arkansas I noticed no difference in performance. I don't think the normal recreational rider will be able to notice any change. The 3" tube is short and the filter has more open area than a standard engine air filter. If i ever got the chance, I'd like to run the setup on the PPEI dyno for some real numbers. Slowpoke has run the R2C filter for racing with a similar tube setup.

My goal with this product is to provide average UTV owners with something easy to install that solves this Talon air intake problem. Many people have made a homemade version of this but I'm making an "off the shelf" system so that others don't have to figure out how to build this intake. It's a "buy now" solution! Install is simple. Cut a fender hole with provided template, drill 2 new additional holes for cover plate push rivets and slide the one piece tube in place. If anyone ever wanted to go back to stock, I could provide a blank cover plate to close the hole.

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

I had a setup like this on my race car with the R2C pre-filter @highpocket74 sells and didn't notice any performance loss at all. I think the size of the pre-filter is key to the performance of the system.

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
After 2 full ride days in Arkansas I noticed no difference in performance. I don't think the normal recreational rider will be able to notice any change. The 3" tube is short and the filter has more open area than a standard engine air filter. If i ever got the chance, I'd like to run the setup on the PPEI dyno for some real numbers. Slowpoke has run the R2C filter for racing with a similar tube setup.

My goal with this product is to provide average UTV owners with something easy to install that solves this Talon air intake problem. Many people have made a homemade version of this but I'm making an "off the shelf" system so that others don't have to figure out how to build this intake. It's a "buy now" solution! Install is simple. Cut a fender hole with provided template, drill 2 new additional holes for cover plate push rivets and slide the one piece tube in place. If anyone ever wanted to go back to stock, I could provide a blank cover plate to close the hole.
I think you're doing a great job. I am looking forward to seeing and probably purchasing the final product. Any idea when? And as another stated, if you could pull dyno numbers, that would be awesome. I really like this product.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!