Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for all the help. I am actually off to the dealers today. I had one question, as I mentioned above I will likely be taking off the rear roll cage to make the bed more accessible. I was wondering if anyone knew if i could do so and then simply add a OEM 2 seater roof? Or if brackets for the rear cage would mess that up?
Depending on what your doing? The rear of the P1K5 i find is very accessible the way it is. I can load deer, logs what have u with no issues. That said, @tr005 has put a P1 hard roof on his P1K5 before he made his own and left the rear cage tho. He had to make some modifications to make it work

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Depending on what your doing? The rear of the P1K5 i find is very accessible the way it is. I can load deer, logs what have u with no issues. That said, @tr005 has put a P1 hard roof on his P1K5 before he made his own and left the rear cage tho. He had to make some modifications to make it work
I will be using mine around the farm so I will be swinging 5 gallon buckets and bales of hay and things like that in and out quite often. Therefore I would like the rear end to be opened up a lot more just for convenience and not having to work around the bars and things like that. Also it should create more visibility went back and things around or squeezing into tighter places.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I will be using mine around the farm so I will be swinging 5 gallon buckets and bales of hay and things like that in and out quite often. Therefore I would like the rear end to be opened up a lot more just for convenience and not having to work around the bars and things like that. Also it should create more visibility went back and things around or squeezing into tighter places.
I see. If your doing that and still using the seats, I highly recommend to get the bed liner. I just lay it in and don’t fasten it in for easy removal. When I have deer , blood and debris from hauling other things, it helps to keep the Knick and crannies clean

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
be welcomed from this place of -------------------fill in the blank

tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As @Remington stated I just have the front seats under roof. I was going to take the back rops off as well but found that it works well for hauling ladders, lumber and such. I ended up building my own roof and have the factory one still if you’re interested. I stole the rops clamps off of it so you would need those.

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from the bayou state. Search your feelings, the Honda is what you need. I sold my noisy Rhino and got the P1K-3 because it was very quite. It's shaft drive, tons of room, endless things you can do to it and with it. You will never burn up a belt and have to be hauled back to the truck, or have to change it in the woods. Besides, you will never meet a cooler group of people than right here on this forum. Choose wisely.

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As @Remington stated I just have the front seats under roof. I was going to take the back rops off as well but found that it works well for hauling ladders, lumber and such. I ended up building my own roof and have the factory one still if you’re interested. I stole the rops clamps off of it so you would need those.
You have the factory front or full roof?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry bout the guts.
you can see my bed liner in the pics. I like it a lot. I also bought some rubber very inexpensive in a roll at tractor supply and cut a mat out that I lay in the bed liner for things I don’t want to move around. The liner also makes it nice to clean out with a hose. Especially blood and guts lol. IfI look around you can find them at a reasonable price new and used.
F110188E 9856 4BA8 AC33 60D8093F620C
A2939F86 81A2 44ED B698 35E6EC114FBF
FA780E05 B522 4ABF 97CE 0A955D95B530

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the pics. I went to 2 dealers today, waiting for final quotes.
Currently I really like the idea of the bed mat to save money vs Oem bed liner or mat. The benefit of the liner would be keeping hay and straw out of the mechanical part on the inside of the bed.
I have also started questioning my idea of the front roof only. My thinking is that in the summer time when a roof isnt as necessary but i would be runnign with out the rear cage most time. So I am almost thinking about having a "work" set up and a wheeling/winter set up. After seeing how easy the OEM roof and wind shield snap on, I am thinking to run it without rear cage/no front roof/no windshield around the farm and summer cruising. If I go wheeling or in the winter time adding the windshield/full cage/and full roof. The benefit of this being not having to buy 2 roofs or cut the front roof. to add rear cage. I would maybe buy a super atv flip windshild and a small deflector windshield I could change out.
If I am missing something please feel free to share.

Thanks again for all your guys help.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the pics. I went to 2 dealers today, waiting for final quotes.
Currently I really like the idea of the bed mat to save money vs Oem bed liner or mat. The benefit of the liner would be keeping hay and straw out of the mechanical part on the inside of the bed.
I have also started questioning my idea of the front roof only. My thinking is that in the summer time when a roof isnt as necessary but i would be runnign with out the rear cage most time. So I am almost thinking about having a "work" set up and a wheeling/winter set up. After seeing how easy the OEM roof and wind shield snap on, I am thinking to run it without rear cage/no front roof/no windshield around the farm and summer cruising. If I go wheeling or in the winter time adding the windshield/full cage/and full roof. The benefit of this being not having to buy 2 roofs or cut the front roof. to add rear cage. I would maybe buy a super atv flip windshild and a small deflector windshield I could change out.
If I am missing something please feel free to share.

Thanks again for all your guys help.
I work out of mine every day, no issues here.

5E407730 B782 4847 BC27 C2B9A26D0D9E

Baumer8907

Baumer8907

Apr 22, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry bout the guts.
you can see my bed liner in the pics. I like it a lot. I also bought some rubber very inexpensive in a roll at tractor supply and cut a mat out that I lay in the bed liner for things I don’t want to move around. The liner also makes it nice to clean out with a hose. Especially blood and guts lol. IfI look around you can find them at a reasonable price new and used.
View attachment 200127View attachment 200125View attachment 200126
Also I love the flag on the door, can I ask where you got those made or ordered from?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Also I love the flag on the door, can I ask where you got those made or ordered from?
@jrplaza2008 creative UTV graphics . He’s one of our venders. I had it made .

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from WV the factory 3 seat roof will fit fine with the rear of the cage off

Reactions: Remington
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have the P1K-3 and love it. We work out of it almost daily, but we don't need a back seat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!