Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:eek::eek: omg! That is beautiful! Hey, HONDA CORPORATE!!! Are you watching!? I'm hoping Santa brings me a router and I'm about half ass convinced I can do this.

Do it! If I wasn't in such a damn hurry I'd call it fun. It's really just time. You're wife will be pissed when you try running this into the house though lmao. Seriously most could be done watching tv it's embarrassing a little to show pics in my make shift garage but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Run around trees alot? You need to ride at Don's sometime lol. Right @drfubar ? Some turns are so tight I purposely bounce rig off an inside tree just to make it without having to back up lol.
Yes, numerous places you can do that or have to do that. @Delton I got all the way to the end of the property on top of the ridge yesterday... Too about 45 minutes with the chainsaw to cut and then move the said trees. Would have took me about 25 minutes if I'd had my mule @Manwell to throw everything out of the way as I cut...;)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do it! If I wasn't in such a damn hurry I'd call it fun. It's really just time. You're wife will be pissed when you try running this into the house though lmao. Seriously most could be done watching tv it's embarrassing a little to show pics in my make shift garage but it is what it is.

I think I would probably use wood just because it's easier to replace if unscrew it up and the little extra weight doesn't bother me. Figured the difference still has to be less than the basket and seats hanging off the back of yours.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think I would probably use wood just because it's easier to replace if unscrew it up and the little extra weight doesn't bother me. Figured the difference still has to be less than the basket and seats hanging off the back of yours.

Weight diff is very minimal. Wood obviously will work great. My main problem was is was a lot tougher to finish in automotive grade and has to be sealed up so well. The front doors are holding up great so I wouldn't be against it. I will bring up I used 1/4 lexan for the front doors and that is such overkill it's not funny. 1/8 is just fine but I had 1/4 laying around, I guess it's nice knowing someone could shoot at you lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes, numerous places you can do that or have to do that. @Delton I got all the way to the end of the property on top of the ridge yesterday... Too about 45 minutes with the chainsaw to cut and then move the said trees. Would have took me about 25 minutes if I'd had my mule @Manwell to throw everything out of the way as I cut...;)
Get it all ready for us Drf!

Reactions: drfubar
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Weight diff is very minimal. Wood obviously will work great. My main problem was is was a lot tougher to finish in automotive grade and has to be sealed up so well. The front doors are holding up great so I wouldn't be against it. I will bring up I used 1/4 lexan for the front doors and that is such overkill it's not funny. 1/8 is just fine but I had 1/4 laying around, I guess it's nice knowing someone could shoot at you lol

I'd probably use 1/4 as well, 1/8 is too flimsy for me. I used it in my homemade hillbilly windshield. It was way too floppy

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd probably use 1/4 as well, 1/8 is too flimsy for me. I used it in my homemade hillbilly windshield. It was way too floppy

Ya I thought the same but it gets stout with all the edges locked down. No wiggle. I'll actually redo the rear window in the front doors with it. Still going to do a tempered glass wing window but one thing at a time.

Reactions: sharp and Tigermark
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya I thought the same but it gets stout with all the edges locked down. No wiggle. I'll actually redo the rear window in the front doors with it. Still going to do a tempered glass wing window but one thing at a time.

Whatcha going to do here in Tennessee when it's 90+?

Reactions: Tigermark
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Whatcha going to do here in Tennessee when it's 90+?
Really? It's not as humid here but it gets over 100, plus I'm a painter so in summer the booths stay around 120 and frequently I'm in them doing something at 180. I'll be just fine my friend Maybe all those girlie makes a man tougher.

J

JTW

Really? It's not as humid here but it gets over 100, plus I'm a painter so in summer the booths stay around 120 and frequently I'm in them doing something at 180. I'll be just fine my friend Maybe all those girlie makes a man tougher.
So this is permanent or can be removed in the summer?

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely. I'd hate the enclosure in the summer that was one of the biggest obstacles. Three bolts front doors come off and two hinge pins and shock clip take the backs off. The rear panel will be four bolts. I can take this off faster then Honda soft doors.

J

JTW

Absolutely. I'd hate the enclosure in the summer that was one of the biggest obstacles. Three bolts front doors come off and two hinge pins and shock clip take the backs off. The rear panel will be four bolts. I can take this off faster then Honda soft doors.

Oooook.. I was a bit concerned there.. I was questioning your sanity!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oooook.. I was a bit concerned there.. I was questioning your sanity!!

Oh my god no. Fair weather open only. My sanity is already in question so thanks for the sore subject.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool man can't wait to check it out. May be a little while though with Christmas shutdown at work. Yeah Manwell was gifted at removing brush. HUGE help when cutting

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya we do the same thing. Multiple areas we go you have to use the tree to turn it's too tight anyways. It's always fun to tip over into a tree and give the passengers a little oh s*** factor! Anyone doing this just watch the release with a hand full of wheel
@drfubar I want to try CP's idea next time I'm at your place. I think if I go ahead and roll it, it'll get me over my phobia. I confess that tram rd scared the shiot out of me! We can do a "controlled" roll. Ya know, the kind that doesn't involve Delton in hospital or days replacing rops tubing lol. I want to do it.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@drfubar I want to try CP's idea next time I'm at your place. I think if I go ahead and roll it, it'll get me over my phobia. I confess that tram rd scared the shiot out of me! We can do a "controlled" roll. Ya know, the kind that doesn't involve Delton in hospital or days replacing rops tubing lol. I want to do it.
Just snatch block to a tree and cable to the upper rops get in and winch er over. And take a video while doing it.;)

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okeedoak, your wish is my command

advertisement