Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
A4874e51a80f3b483469096756f78a50alright back out of the oven. Can't have the inside white it'd be distracting and look like s***. Black chip guard matches very well and is tough as heck so that's the trick. 1e8a6dd19e3f1618c4c0555c7f22708b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7684
And finished with paint. Time for the cool part assembly. Won't be bad though everything was prior fitted.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Had to build blocks to put at the back top edge of the b-pillars so it'll seal. No big deal and they are virtually invisible, if anything with doors removed it'll look less cheap.
IMG 7685

As can be seen in the photo I've used all stainless bolts nuts and screws. Done this all the way through the build, there's nothing worse the rust a few extra bucks is well spent.
Used white screen door latches they match well and provide easy access on both inside and out. I bought a matched set with locks so the back can be locked.
IMG 7686

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to build blocks to put at the back top edge of the b-pillars so it'll seal. No big deal and they are virtually invisible, if anything with doors removed it'll look less cheap. View attachment 28863
As can be seen in the photo I've used all stainless bolts nuts and screws. Done this all the way through the build, there's nothing worse the rust a few extra bucks is well spent.
Used white screen door latches they match well and provide easy access on both inside and out. I bought a matched set with locks so the back can be locked. View attachment 28864
What is the latch catching? Looking great. I was kinda curious what you were going to use for that part.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Right now it's simply using the little guy that came with it but I will be building a better catch. It's super solid surprisingly and will work for next weekend. I was going to build an electric lock but sometimes simple is better and hey if I do break the latch it's 8 bucks. I like using easy to find items on a build it makes it easier down the road

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Passenger door is complete minus glass driver is 90%. Seals up totally no gaps and self closes. Definitely glad we were forced to build doors they are solid you can shake the rig with them and no rattles. Tomorrow lexan goes in and both doors will be done. Moving on to the back section Tuesday so a little behind for next weekend but busting ass. Calling it a night I'm beat!

Last edited:
advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Passenger door is complete minus glass driver is 90%. Seals up totally no gaps and self closes. Definitely glad we were forced to build doors they are solid you can shake the rig with them and no rattles. Tomorrow lexan goes in and both doors will be done. Moving on to the back section Tuesday so a little behind for next weekend but busting ass. Calling it a night I'm beat!
Great work CP!

Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread the last 2 months but glad I found it. It's like binge watching a TV show that hasn't quite made it to the season finale yet. Now I'm stuck waiting for the last episode!

You do some great work CP, if you can figure out how to make these in bulk you could quit your day job and retire in a few years. Hell, I think half the forum would buy a set.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow, I don't know how I missed this thread the last 2 months but glad I found it. It's like binge watching a TV show that hasn't quite made it to the season finale yet. Now I'm stuck waiting for the last episode!

You do some great work CP, if you can figure out how to make these in bulk you could quit your day job and retire in a few years. Hell, I think half the forum would buy a set.
That's funny! I do appreciate it. Well if someone can work with wood they can do these. Everything can be done from wood or plastic as I've shown but I sure prefer plastic. I've learned a couple things through this build it's definitely not the normal thing to build but for 3k from the factory you have some room to do something lol. I like document things as I do them so someone sees how I did it and hopefully saves some additional cash by not making same mistakes along the way. If it can be built I like to give it hell but it's sometimes hard putting a Lexus fit on a wagon body

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's funny! I do appreciate it. Well if someone can work with wood they can do these. Everything can be done from wood or plastic as I've shown but I sure prefer plastic. I've learned a couple things through this build it's definitely not the normal thing to build but for 3k from the factory you have some room to do something lol. I like document things as I do them so someone sees how I did it and hopefully saves some additional cash by not making same mistakes along the way. If it can be built I like to give it hell but it's sometimes hard putting a Lexus fit on a wagon body
I mean it is the Lexus of utv's....

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks very professional. Did a good job getting the doors to seal in just a couple weeks. Wonder how long the engineers spent designing on the honda factory cab.

Thank you very much. They probably spent a little it's not just cut and dry with the shape of the thing I can at least understand why they did a couple things that seemed weird.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Thank you very much. They probably spent a little it's not just cut and dry with the shape of the thing I can at least understand why they did a couple things that seemed weird.

Are you still on track to meet your weekend deadline?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are you still on track to meet your weekend deadline?

Idk. Some unexpected things came up. Life has a way of kicking my ass sometimes lol. Hoping to still go and get some time.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
advertisement