Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hole for window is cut.
IMG 7730

As seen here the widow will go up into the angled part of the back panel and probably wouldn't suggest doing this because routering and joining the two sections of Lexan has a higher difficulty and is going to be a pain but I'm committed and excited about it. Good interior lighting sure help the situation!
IMG 7729

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bodywork in the living room means you love your Pioneer! V'd out the connection points between the two panels and added another layer of two part for durability. This PVC is so easy to work with. Not a traditional window shape but will fit the rig well and give some personality. Off to paint in the morning and rear panel goes in. Went pretty smoothly will have only a full day of work on the last hole so really happy here. Saturday morning it's got to be loaded onto trailer and headed out. This trip should be a warm one.
IMG 7731

Headed to bed up in 4 hours to finish it up before need to go to work.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7732
Didn't get to work on things this morning but it's lunch and busting ass. Sanded the two part a little mud over it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Router work done and found a couple nicks so sanded out and decided to lightly prime the whole thing. It's not a car so I cheated and used lacquer spray can. As long as it's not thick it usually doesn't shrink back too bad. Rounded edges a little (tried to keep everything crisp edges because the Pioneer has them.
IMG 7739

Gotta clean and spray. Again I'm using GM code WA8624. Two coats PPG single stage and a heavy coat of clearcoat will do great. I use single stage for solid colors because it's got great resistance to the elements and doesn't actually require clearcoat but I like clear.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7740

This is the transition section between the two angles. It was a b**** to router and never done that but looks ok I guess should work. Now for assembly tonight.
IMG 7741

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29252

This is the transition section between the two angles. It was a b**** to router and never done that but looks ok I guess should work. Now for assembly tonight.
View attachment 29253
I forget who said it but they were right. Just like santa or the easter bunny. Hope after all this work you will be able to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I forget who said it but they were right. Just like santa or the easter bunny. Hope after all this work you will be able to relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor

Thank you!! I appreciate that. It's definitely been a year this one. I love building but I'm tired. I just want to be in the woods with family and friends! We about weren't going this weekend had some issues at home and right front brake is locking up on the pickup but wife explained to me we're going. Sometimes you just have to enjoy life! I just need some beer and the rumble of a motor again.I sincerely hope you all have a very merry Christmas with one another nothing should be taken for granted. Have a great holiday and we'll see you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you!! I appreciate that. It's definitely been a year this one. I love building but I'm tired. I just want to be in the woods with family and friends! We about weren't going this weekend had some issues at home and right front brake is locking up on the pickup but wife explained to me we're going. Sometimes you just have to enjoy life! I just need some beer and the rumble of a motor again.I sincerely hope you all have a very merry Christmas with one another nothing should be taken for granted. Have a great holiday and we'll see you soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good thing moma put the foot down

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7746
I wanted to share this because it may come in handy for someone on various things. If you need to trace a line but make it larger you find the right socket and place Sharpie through the center so it'll never allow the Sharpie closer then that space. When tracing the windows (because of the routered inset of 3/8 inch) I simply place a socket on and trace the cutout. Pretty simple trick.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 29275 I wanted to share this because it may come in handy for someone on various things. If you need to trace a line but make it larger you find the right socket and place Sharpie through the center so it'll never allow the Sharpie closer then that space. When tracing the windows (because of the routered inset of 3/8 inch) I simply place a socket on and trace the cutout. Pretty simple trick.
Cool idea

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5