Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I must have missed it but how do you fasten the window to the door? I am thinking of doing the same thing to mine. You are a very talented person and you do inspire a lot of us with your projects.

I know you're in the same field so thank you old trucks. I've got about 75% of the brackets done now I'm hoping tomorrow I'll get the whole day so I can get this damn thing done. There's two brackets one at the rear post and one in the middle. The rear is fairly simple but the front one I'm still working on the reinforcement inside the door trying to figure how to tie it in with the upper hinge. Because of the added weight and the upper hinge gets sloppy in these anyways it's got to get some strength.
I'll post as I get them finished but also I'm trying to come up with a good way to open from the outside. I was going to run an electric truck pop in each door but decided against that and am probably going to go with something like a lock button from an old truck but still working this out.
Hopefully with fit and finish done i'll start gaining some ground here but with camping slowed way down my honey do list has become overwhelming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of thoughts about this and like you have mentioned the hinges are the weakest part of the doors. I will be doing some research on ways to strengthen the hinges. I know of some materials that we used at Boeing that would work but sourcing them is a problem.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ok got front mount designed its solid. Built a bracket to go on the inside to stablize the window frame. Everything is crude I know but it'll all clean up nicely and it's easier to show what was done with contrasting colors.
IMG 7273

This is the bracket that goes into the door pretty simple. It shows how the two are sandwiched.
IMG 7274

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok got front mount designed its solid. Built a bracket to go on the inside to stablize the window frame. Everything is crude I know but it'll all clean up nicely and it's easier to show what was done with contrasting colors. View attachment 26942

This is the bracket that goes into the door pretty simple. It shows how the two are sandwiched. View attachment 26944
Man this is awesome. Good work CP

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is the bracket before install to the door. Put j-nuts on backsides for ease of install. You can see the upper right corner goes into the hinge area then I'll foam for strength. 7cac4258ca950f69903d4ab440b9f262

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7278
Front mount done both sides. Sprayed everything with bed liner. Very little wobble with only one mount.need to spray all the stainless hardware but close. She's a keeper.

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 26976 Front mount done both sides. Sprayed everything with bed liner. Very little wobble with only one mount.need to spray all the stainless hardware but close. She's a keeper.

WOW! That is solid! What keeps the rear of the window sitting squarely on the dooro_O Is there a pin or shaft from the window frame into the dooro_O

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
WOW! That is solid! What keeps the rear of the window sitting squarely on the dooro_O Is there a pin or shaft from the window frame into the dooro_O

Still have to put rear mount in right now its all on the front. Made me feel good to know that all the effort on the front paid off pretty happy. I'm hoping it'll all stay there's a ton of overkill but till it hits trails and trailing you don't know

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of thoughts about this and like you have mentioned the hinges are the weakest part of the doors. I will be doing some research on ways to strengthen the hinges. I know of some materials that we used at Boeing that would work but sourcing them is a problem.
@oldtrucks
We're considering rolling up your way this weekend possibly 4th of July-Harrison for something new or Cataldo-St.Marie's. If you're around and interested to throw down some good miles.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7315
Headed camping so busting ass to get the Pioneer back up and waterproof. Rubber seal I choose works like a champ! IMG 7316

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nope I needed my number one! She's so awesome. Very mechanically inclined always want to help I love her so much!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!