P500 No Eagle snow plow for me...

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
So I am pissed today. I had ordered an Eagle snow plow with hydro angle kit from TheATVSuperStore.com and now after waiting 5 weeks find out that they are having issues getting the mounting plate and refund my money. It would have been nice if they would have told me this a month ago when I ordered it. So I am back on the hunt for a know plow I want the ability to angle from the cab that but I from all of the reviews I have seen on the angling kit with the Warn I had looked elsewhere and found the eagle plow and it looks like it would be a great product if I could get my hands on one. Any one else aware of any plow systems out there with an automatic angling kit available?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Man thats a bummer. At least we aren't up to our knees in snow yet. Good luck with your search.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I am pissed today. I had ordered an Eagle snow plow with hydro angle kit from TheATVSuperStore.com and now after waiting 5 weeks find out that they are having issues getting the mounting plate and refund my money. It would have been nice if they would have told me this a month ago when I ordered it. So I am back on the hunt for a know plow I want the ability to angle from the cab that but I from all of the reviews I have seen on the angling kit with the Warn I had looked elsewhere and found the eagle plow and it looks like it would be a great product if I could get my hands on one. Any one else aware of any plow systems out there with an automatic angling kit available?

Here you go, sxsstuff.com is reliable they offer this plow in 66" & 72" with hydro turn angle kit as an option.

Denali 66 Inch Pro Series Snow Plow for Honda Pioneer: SideBySideStuff.com

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's cool but to pricey for me I'll just get my fat ass out and angle it myself lol

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Well... Looks like I am sticking with the Eagle. I reached out to them directly and they are going to make the situation right. It appears that I caught them in the middle of a transition from building and ownership. The ended up getting me what I ordered for a bit cheaper and got it shipped today so I should have it by the end of the week.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
That's cool but to pricey for me I'll just get my fat ass out and angle it myself lol

I was thinking the same thing for myself but with the full doors you have to open them and then the half door and it is just a pain in the butt.

JohnNH

JohnNH

Aug 14, 2016
Ownership

1. 700-4
I can see that being a problem and if I some cash to spend I'd probably get one also lol would be nice to just sit inside to angle it

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I can see that being a problem and if I some cash to spend I'd probably get one also lol would be nice to just sit inside to angle it

Yeah I would have a hard time doing that to as I am going to plowing with a John Deere 1 series with a full heated cab to using the P5 as I got rid of the 1 series and went to a zero turn John Deere for mowing.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Well... Looks like I am sticking with the Eagle. I reached out to them directly and they are going to make the situation right. It appears that I caught them in the middle of a transition from building and ownership. The ended up getting me what I ordered for a bit cheaper and got it shipped today so I should have it by the end of the week.
I was going to say you should call them direct. Glad they were able to make it right. I had to call them direct last year as well cuz i was getting the run around from my dealer. They are a great company with great products in my opinion. And local for me here in MN

advertisement
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
Well... Looks like I am sticking with the Eagle. I reached out to them directly and they are going to make the situation right. It appears that I caught them in the middle of a transition from building and ownership.
lol thats sounds way too familair, i ordered an eagle plow from atvsuperstore last year, after an extended wait and a few call to the atvsuperstore, who told me they eagle was waiting for the mounting brackets to be made for the 700's.I thought avtsuperstore was jerking me around so I called eagle directley and they told me at that time that they were in the middle of moving their shop and were behind on production. I finally got my plow,but it was a month and a half after I ordered it.

Reactions: Jshell3
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Tracking says that the plow is on the truck for delivery today so that is amazing go from waiting 5 weeks with one company to getting it the following day after ordering from another.. Might get some time to setup tonight and post some pics.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Tracking says that the plow is on the truck for delivery today so that is amazing go from waiting 5 weeks with one company to getting it the following day after ordering from another.. Might get some time to setup tonight and post some pics.
Just an FYI, at least with mine the instructions were a bit simple and lacked some info. It was a brand new redesign at the time so they are hopefully more clear now. Just be sure to leave the front bolts loose and get the rears in before tightening and adjusting. They go thru two open holes in the frame, non threaded, and get a nut and washer on the top side. And the passenger one is tricky cuz it's right under the diff..very tight fit. The front will be a bit wide too because the mount fits both 500&700. Once it's all lined up though she tightens up nice, and it's very stout.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just an FYI, at least with mine the instructions were a bit simple and lacked some info. It was a brand new redesign at the time so they are hopefully more clear now. Just be sure to leave the front bolts loose and get the rears in before tightening and adjusting. They go thru two open holes in the frame, non threaded, and get a nut and washer on the top side. And the passenger one is tricky cuz it's right under the diff..very tight fit. The front will be a bit wide too because the mount fits both 500&700. Once it's all lined up though she tightens up nice, and it's very stout.

Yeah the direction were better then most from what I have seen so far with items for the P5 but they are lacking. I got it all mounted up but I have to get the hydro angle kit hooked up to the battery still, and I have a poly wear bar to add but other than that I got it all mounted up. I added 1/4" spacers to each side of the mounting bracket as you are correct it is wider. You would think they would put those in for the P5 kit would be cheap enough and make you feel like it fits a little better. I also bought a strip of metal that I am going to use to hold the rubber top flap on so it doesn't just rip off with the few bolts that hold it on.

Reactions: JollyJoker
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah the direction were better then most from what I have seen so far with items for the P5 but they are lacking. I got it all mounted up but I have to get the hydro angle kit hooked up to the battery still, and I have a poly wear bar to add but other than that I got it all mounted up. I added 1/4" spacers to each side of the mounting bracket as you are correct it is wider. You would think they would put those in for the P5 kit would be cheap enough and make you feel like it fits a little better. I also bought a strip of metal that I am going to use to hold the rubber top flap on so it doesn't just rip off with the few bolts that hold it on.
I had to add 1/4" spacers on each side also when I mounted mine to the front. Did you have to do anything extra when you mounted the hydro ram? I had to cut out a little of the angle gusset to have room for the bolt on the ram bracket. I also added a pully to where the winch cable hooks and run my winch rope thru there and back up to the top of the front guard bracket. This gives it a better lifting angle and it does not lift/drop so fast. (I have the honda Warn winch set up) I also added a aluminum angle iron across the top over the flap so it will not rip the flap at the bolt holes. You will really like your set up!

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I had to add 1/4" spacers on each side also when I mounted mine to the front. Did you have to do anything extra when you mounted the hydro ram? I had to cut out a little of the angle gusset to have room for the bolt on the ram bracket. I also added a pully to where the winch cable hooks and run my winch rope thru there and back up to the top of the front guard bracket. This gives it a better lifting angle and it does not lift/drop so fast. (I have the honda Warn winch set up) I also added a aluminum angle iron across the top over the flap so it will not rip the flap at the bolt holes. You will really like your set up!

Yes... I thought maybe it was just mine and where the support got welded. I ended up modifying the bracket that the spring attached to in order to make it fit. I was looking at making up a bracket to put the winch cable at a better angle figured I would look at that and work on it this weekend as I have a couple parts I already need to powder coat.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have to get some longer bolts to put the poly wear bar on and I still have to hook up power to the hydro angle but it is getting closer.
Full
Full

Had some extra poly material after cutting it down to 66" so I decided to make myself a helping hand for the winter. I did not want to modify anything that could not easily be put back to hold open the reverse for snow plowing so this what I came up with and it seems to work perfect.
Full
Full

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
The rubber flaps are pretty tough. I ran one on my old blade for about twelve years and never even started to rip the holes open let alone tear it off.

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I made a block like that for the reverse lever and then I adjusted the cable (under the hood) all the way out so I no longer have to pull the reverse lever. The Machine will not let you shift fast enough to hurt the transmission. I taped over the reverse lever so no cold air comes in that hole in the winter.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!