P700 No Power

D

Danbertryry

May 22, 2019
Springfield ohio
Omg..... if that's what they told you then you need a new dealer !
If you don’t mind me asking what do you think the problem is? This dealer is supposedly a very reputable dealer. I don’t know much about this stuff

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well the compression is backward not sure who messed that up but 88psi is no way normal .

D

Danbertryry

May 22, 2019
Springfield ohio
Well the compression is backward not sure who messed that up but 88psi is no way normal .
Upload 2019 6 18 18 22 51
Upload 2019 6 18 18 22 51

Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well not sure who messed up but 80 psi is no way normal.
I believe that it's 115psi now so that should be close .
Something wrong with computer or sensor to hit rev limit at 29mph .
I have no way of knowing whats really wrong tho.
Your dealer should know 29mph rev limit isn't right .

Reactions: Mudwing
D

Danbertryry

May 22, 2019
Springfield ohio
Well not sure who messed up but 80 psi is no way normal.
I believe that it's 115psi now so that should be close .
Something wrong with computer or sensor to hit rev limit at 29mph .
I have no way of knowing whats really wrong tho.
Your dealer should know 29mph rev limit isn't right .
They know it isn’t right that’s what they’re trying to figure out now.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The compression spec is so low because it has a decompression device that is active at cranking speed.

Reactions: trigger
D

Danbertryry

May 22, 2019
Springfield ohio
I am so angry right now. My dealer says they’ve tried everything,,,, speed sensor, shift solenoids, exhaust blockage, etc what else could be causing this damn sxs to rev out at 30mph. They’re telling me there’s not much more they can do unless I really wanna sink some money it! I’m going to pick it up tomorrow. Gotta figure this out

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
After you Germain it home jack up the back (make sure it's NOT in four wheel drive and block the front wheels) and see if it actually is hitting the speed limiter, if it gets over 40 it that is probably not the problem.

That would most likely leave lack of power the cause. Now to figure that out. Since it had the issue before the dealer changed the cam I am thinking air or exhaust, not sure how they checked it for exhaust blockage but ran it without the muffler and see what happens, pull the air cleaner and get a flashlight and mirror and see if you can see anything blocking the air intake.

D

Danbertryry

May 22, 2019
Springfield ohio
After you Germain it home jack up the back (make sure it's NOT in four wheel drive and block the front wheels) and see if it actually is hitting the speed limiter, if it gets over 40 it that is probably not the problem.

That would most likely leave lack of power the cause. Now to figure that out. Since it had the issue before the dealer changed the cam I am thinking air or exhaust, not sure how they checked it for exhaust blockage but ran it without the muffler and see what happens, pull the air cleaner and get a flashlight and mirror and see if you can see anything blocking the air intake.
Thank you sir! Will be draining fuel tank and putting new gas in and checking in tank fuel filter as well

Reactions: Farmer
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Conner just got schooled! :D
LOL...well, no...he just didn't know. And normally, that would be very low .
I am so angry right now. My dealer says they’ve tried everything,,,, speed sensor, shift solenoids, exhaust blockage, etc what else could be causing this damn sxs to rev out at 30mph. They’re telling me there’s not much more they can do unless I really wanna sink some money it! I’m going to pick it up tomorrow. Gotta figure this out
Did they try another PCM? That's what I would have done...before the cam.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you sir! Will be draining fuel tank and putting new gas in and checking in tank fuel filter as well

Good idea! I was reading along thinking....has anyone checked fuel flow?

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just to give you an example of life after a bad cam....

I just finished spraying fence lines with my 1986 fourtrax 350 4x4 with untouched engine. You know....., because the Pioneer ate it's cam when I used it to spray around the farm.

Reactions: 500oneer
D

Danbertryry

May 22, 2019
Springfield ohio
Well got the sxs home and drove it down the road ( because my dealer really don’t have much room to ride it to see all 3 gears) and it’s shifting great from 1st to 2nd gear but not going into 3rd gear and still hitting limiter at 29mph. I’m so pissed right now. Calling Honda back in the morning! They put a new cam in and got my compression right but other then that they didn’t fix the shifting all the way or hitting the rev limiter at 29mph. They said they checked all sensors. Checked ecu for stores codes. Nothing I don’t know what to do

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well got the sxs home and drove it down the road ( because my dealer really don’t have much room to ride it to see all 3 gears) and it’s shifting great from 1st to 2nd gear but not going into 3rd gear and still hitting limiter at 29mph. I’m so pissed right now. Calling Honda back in the morning! They put a new cam in and got my compression right but other then that they didn’t fix the shifting all the way or hitting the rev limiter at 29mph. They said they checked all sensors. Checked ecu for stores codes. Nothing I don’t know what to do
See the last 2 sentences on post #76.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!