Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just working through theories since mine is now on official order.:) The engines are between your legs with exhaust ending just behind you on big bikes but they are soo quiet. Could a custom exhaust or resonator fix some of the high rev noise? I feel that my sisters 900 xp ranger is loud with hard roof and glass window but not enough to hurt my fun time. I feel the same about the heat and dust in it also so I hope the pioneer is at least the same if not better in these areas.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just working through theories since mine is now on official order.:) The engines are between your legs with exhaust ending just behind you on big bikes but they are soo quiet. Could a custom exhaust or resonator fix some of the high rev noise? I feel that my sisters 900 xp ranger is loud with hard roof and glass window but not enough to hurt my fun time. I feel the same about the heat and dust in it also so I hope the pioneer is at least the same if not better in these areas.
It's the same I've had both

Johnny_C

Johnny_C

Nov 19, 2015
Western N. Carolina
My wife, son & I were able
to talk with raised voices on
the trail with full face helmets
on. With no helmets, it was no
problem to talk up to about 30
mph, but again with raised voices.
It's nothing I would call unbearable.

Maybe you have something loose
& vibrating?

John

Reactions: Redmoon
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
One solution would also be to dynamat the underside of the roof. They act like a big reflector. I've run tractors and backhoes with plastic roofs that had a layer of soft foam on the underside to kill noise.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Loud?? The ranger is retarded loud. Go ride in viking for 10 minutes then back to your pioneer you will be amazed as far as the drive line, Squeeks and rattles can be worked out. I sometimes scare people when i pull up on them. They say i sound like an electric car when i pull up lmao

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I have a 3 seater and I as well came from a Can Am Commander and it was crazy loud, especially when the radiator kicked in. The Pioneer's radiator is by far more quiet. I have a hard roof, split windshield, and soft rear panel. The noise level is on a little under medium range for me. I'm 20 years old and work around loud farm equipment for a living. I can talk with by buddies when we ride with a raised voice running 30+ on gravel roads. Maybe change oils and see if that helps. I'm going to change mine out when I hit 200 miles.

Personally I think on the 5 seaters the extended roof makes it louder. I would try the padding as mentioned on the roof and try a heat shield insulation on the under side of the bench seat. I've herd it helps and plan on trying it out hopefully next week.

Reactions: LaVell and Stauvo
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree about it being loud when I first got mine I kept waiting for something to blow up. Mine has got more quite after I put some miles and also probably I have got more use to the noise.
Am thinking you will experience the same.

Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My biggest complaint is the rattling doors. I have the door adjustment knobs all the way out but still have problems with the rear doors.

Reactions: CCA
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
My biggest complaint is the rattling doors. I have the door adjustment knobs all the way out but still have problems with the rear doors.
I thought my rear doors kept rattling when I first got mine. Kept adjusting them and found out it was the bed latch on the right side needed adjusting.

Reactions: CCA and adnoh
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
RB3 sells door bushings,if you grab the door while open and pick up on it the door will move up and down a great deal. Tightening up on the latch will not fix loose hinges, it only masks the real problem.

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine definitely got quieter after the initial service and only seems to continue to get better. What I really hear is the tire noise from the big horns. My canam was a lot louder and it was an ATV

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I installed dynamat and made my own heat shield/ sound blocker at one point that is still on the rig. But thats only because the original IGR gear was cut different and was really loud. I dont notice it much any more. I can say though with the soft top before I shredded it up on the mullberry it was much quieter than the plastic hard top. One could spray the roof with lizard skin, dynamat or their choice of sound dampener and that would probably help.

Q

Qwikcobra

Nov 1, 2015
I agree with the OP my old Ranger 900 was way quieter, the gear noise is about 50% of the problem. Sound like a sequential race car transmission most of the time. I have run my P1K5 in 5 and 3 seat configurations with roofs on both. It is noticebly quieter as a 3 seater. I think the roof hanging out further than the tailgate captures some sound waves. Mine is for sale but I m not getting out of side by sides. For my use a Japanese Mini Truck is my next toy, I drove one today. Ultra quiet cab with heat, street legal for $7,000 I can afford to buy 2, lol

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My p1k-5 is much quieter than the Kawasaki teryx & mules, ranger 700 800 & 900s and Kubota diesel rtvs I've been around.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My son is trying so hard to get rid of his Ranger to buy a Pioneer so he can talk with his kids when they're out for a ride.

Reactions: Hondoman
Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea mine rattled quite a bit and forum members told me to wrap some electrical tape on the catch were the latch clips over. It defiantly worked but have to replace tape when latch wears thru the tape.

Reactions: Plumber32
B

Billybobb3

Aug 1, 2015
My pioneer is super quit compared to my commander I had. I loved the commander but the heat and noise I couldn't stand it that's why I sold it and bought the pioneer. And I am truly impressed with the overall build of the pioneer. And trust me I'm not brand loyal as this is my first Honda.
Nuthin wrong with brand loyalty if they perform well. I bought an '05 Rincon new. I never turned a wrench on it. Sold it to my huntn buddy in '14 when I bought my Pioneer 700-4. Never had a single issue with the 700. I used it for work showing rural real estate. Once I had 4 adults, a 5 yr old boy, and a small dog on that thing in mountainous E TN terrain! Did great. I traded in Dec '17 for a new 1000 5 seater. So far I love it. The 6 speed vs the 3 speed on the 700 is great. And low range if you need it is great. My only complaint is the extra width. I have only run mine this winter, so I don't know about the heat. But I bought a fold down windshield for the 1000, which my 700 didn't have. I'll post again after I've run it for a while. It's just now ready for its first oil change.

Reactions: elkguide
L

Landlord9000

Feb 10, 2018
Springfield, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine was louder than expected. Change all the fluids. Especially diffs. Also air up them tires to 12-14. Doing that seemed to quiet it right down.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

RB3 can fix that problem for you. Their door bushings removed all door rattles from my machine. Now if they could figure out an adjustable latch that would remove all of the bed rattle noise I could get their new sticker :rolleyes:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!