Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Go ahead and tell them how easily and slowly I was able to crawl and not beat the hell out of my machine. Sure you made it but it sounded terrible at WOT!! At least I didn’t bend a tie rod.

Oh, yeah...I climbed a place at V rock that you did not. On the lower side you went around the right which look easier than the much steeper left side that I went up.

Download

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You have far better suspension, gear reduction, 4 inch taller tires, a longer wheelbase and a power commander. Your machine is probably the best and most capable out of the entire group.

Your machine does everything much easier than mine, as it should and a bent tie rod is irrelevant lol.

Few people even attempted to climb v rock. I think you and I are the only ones that climbed both sides.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
And the final word....... :p:p:p from atop slate rock in his I4WD LE.....
How i feel in an argument o 230960

Jeez I crack myself up :D

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But the lumber wagon life is the real life, how else you gonna know there is a bump in the road if you can't feel it! I understand the feeling with my all original rear shocks haha. But yeah with a stock cage you probably be in bad condition. Put on the upside when you were at the hospital none of us would take your front axles

Lol this gave me a good laugh.

I was thinking really hard about going up slate rock. The first part it was crawling right up but the last 30 ft were going to be the toughest. There was a lot of loose rock. I agree with Joey I think you need some good momentum to get over the top. I don't know if I would have made it, i had decent odds but I wasn't ready to bet my life on that factory Honda cage. In my younger and dumber days I probably would have tried it. I wonder if any of the videos will surface.... It is steep walking up it and it feels REALLY steep when you're backing down it lol

J

JTW

I was thinking really hard about going up slate rock. The first part it was crawling right up but the last 30 ft were going to be the toughest. There was a lot of loose rock. I agree with Joey I think you need some good momentum to get over the top. I don't know if I would have made it, i had decent odds but I wasn't ready to bet my life on that factory Honda cage. In my younger and dumber days I probably would have tried it. I wonder if any of the videos will surface.... It is steep walking up it and it feels REALLY steep when you're backing down it lol
Yeah... too early in the trip to try it. Day 1 vs day 5 is a different story!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I’ve got a couple shorts vids. One of these days I’ll go through the hours of video I’ve got. Heck, I still haven’t washed Traveller....rode hard and put up muddy

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Didnt hit Tackett but would like to soon tho with the Talon it looks like more of what our mtn riding is here
I will say there are a few tight trails there - like I thought we might have to open a route up for the pioneers 1000-5 - the trail where @Kilo427 broke his first Tie rod ball joint was one that came to mind - it was a blue trail that went to the bottom of No business hallow. THe Talon X would be fine But the R would need to avoid that trail.

it is a fun places I definitely recommend it - just know you are going to get some trail hickies riding in that area.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will say there are a few tight trails there - like I thought we might have to open a route up for the pioneers 1000-5 - the trail where @Kilo427 broke his first Tie rod ball joint was one that came to mind - it was a blue trail that went to the bottom of No business hallow. THe Talon X would be fine But the R would need to avoid that trail.

it is a fun places I definitely recommend it - just know you are going to get some trail hickies riding in that area.
Now that sounds like my kinda place! Love the tighter stuff

Last edited:
wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014

I'd like to see it we put the R's through some tight stuff here in mid tn
Everything we rode at Takeover was wide open compared to the trails we ride across the field from my house

Heck I had my R on its side the day i got it its got a few scratches LOL

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now that sounds like my kinda place! Love the tighter stuff
I’m pretty sure someone may have said over the radio.. “who the f*** is leading this group, CP?” on several occasions.
Exactly
@CumminsPusher - I was channeling you as I was in lead down that trail - I just hope the rest of the group appreciated the spiders that I cleared out for them.

Pretty sure it is the blue trail off of the red Wolfpen Holler to the right of the black "No Business" trail
Upload 2019 5 10 16 42 22

wrighteous

wrighteous

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2014
If you don’t mind rubbing trees and limbs you can make it. But it’s not a fast trail.
Sweet
We rub trees and limbs dang near every ride here at home couple spots my front barely fits cuz the trails are tight.

I dont need a fast trail to have the Talon loves to crawl

Some fender tabs broke off from trees but ole well u cant tell unless I show u. But that was during the learning curve of the width
I'll check Tackett out within the month

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!