Oil change suggestions

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually just bought this a few weeks ago haven’t touched water myself I just changed the fluids so I am curious about these vent tubes can someone tell me more and i hear that there is a kit to better locate them is this true if so dose anybody no where I can get it?

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got the vent kit off eBay. Easy job. Didn’t take long and no more worries about water getting in. There is someone here on the forum that sells the kit. @Bayouownbeer i believe.
I was just looking at super atv looks like the depth finder snorkel kit comes with new longer vent lines as well anybody used that

Reactions: Smitty335
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't know, never looked at that one but all it is is extension hoses with the correct couplers and instructions. Not worth drive to the auto parts store to put together with cost of fuel.

Reactions: Bigmanlittlebuggy
Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have officially done my first oil chang and sub trans fluid change everything looks good so far tomorrow I do the diffs and air filter wish me luck lol thank you to everyone who helped me out with this process also to jason from Appalachian Mountain Riders on you tube thank you for the walk through video of the oil and diff fluid changes

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't know, never looked at that one but all it is is extension hoses with the correct couplers and instructions. Not worth drive to the auto parts store to put together with cost of fuel.
So true gas prices suck hear almost 4 dollars a gallon

Reactions: Biteme
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a little concerned that you bought a used machine with water in the subtrans. It's possible the entire thing was submarined.

There are threads on that here, you should read all you can and make sure you make all of the checks the guys in the know recommend.

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Bigmanlittlebuggy

Jul 18, 2022
Ellabell GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a little concerned that you bought a used machine with water in the subtrans. It's possible the entire thing was submarined.

There are threads on that here, you should read all you can and make sure you make all of the checks the guys in the know
This is what I know so far he did not have a snorkel on it but that being said the engine oil had no water in it and the neither filter had that milky oil in it I do think he may have gotten it above the seats though I think he may have some how got water into the vent line going to sub trans I have changed the fluid and am going to run it for a few days see how it dose then check fluids again and flush again if nessesarry at this point it’s a done deal so worst case imma have to learn how to rebuild a trans or replace it I’m new to the sxs game I didn’t no what to look for I just trusted that my friend when he said it was a good deal I guess you can say I learn the hard way on everything lol 😂 also I just ordered the depth finder snorkel kit from super atv which has the new vent lines so excited about that I’ll post pics of the install when it comes in

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm no expert on sunk machines (a few guys on here are, to be sure) but looking at your pic, that's not a little bit of water getting into your subtrans, that's a full sink. I don't know how you can get to there without taking water into the motor.

Are you 100% sure there wasn't any water in the oil change you did? From what I've seen around here, guys do 3-4 oil changes to clean it out.

I'd also be going thru all the steps to assure there's no water in your fuel.

Sorry, not trying to scare you or bust your balls, I just dont want to see you get hosed.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is it any different then what comes with the snorkel kit?
Mine comes with black tubing that blends well with the cage it extends all 6 oem vents to the roof line. Most snorkel kits come with the clear tubing. It comes with everything you need and instructions with pics. Send me PM for $35 purchase price.

Reactions: CID and Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!