Oil change suggestions

Biteme

Biteme

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2020
North West New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for a ideas for oil change kits this will be the second one buggy has 980 miles on it now I think what’s the best oil how much do I need I don’t wanna pay dealer prices any help is appreciated thanks in advance

21 pioneer 1000-5 LE
Getting the filters off ebay, running rotella T-6 synthetic in the engine/tranny, sub trans, have a kawasaki teryx4 running the T-6, Dodge Cummins running the T-6, Ford 7.3 liter running the T-6, Cub Cadet mower running the T-6, Miller Diesel welding machine running the T-6, no issues any of them, makes it easy to stock oil

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Send me PM for 5$ off eBay prices also no tax. The 5$ applied with direct payment using PayPal, Venmo, cash app or Facebook pay. This is the kit thousands of members have used. Includes everything needed to extend all 6 vents with black tubing. No sourcing out parts or multiple trips to the hardware. This includes first class USPS shipping. Instructions and tracking will be emailed. For faster shipping please Inquire it’s $3 extra

Screen shot Reviews on my page in the feed

https://m.facebook.com/Hondapioneer1000seatheatsolutions/

Vent extension kit without filters recommended for 5 seater. Filters not needed your preference. Simple hour install. Great piece of mind knowing your covered.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 & Talon Vent Ext. Kit Without filters | eBay

With filters recommended for 3 seater pioneers and the Talon unless you drill three 1/4” holes to put the ends of the tubing into. If you don’t heavy mud you can use the kit without filters and simply turn the ends down 90 degrees.

“The Original” Honda Pioneer 1000/700/500 & Talon Vent Ext. Kit. With filters | eBay

Reactions: Biteme
N

NH Rider

May 8, 2022
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Awesome I will save it now thanks I ordered the GN4 10w-30 pro Honda oil for my engine I will use that in the trans as well I also ordered some valvoline 80w-90 high performance gear oil for my diffs just waiting on all of it to come in
Sounds like a good plan. Can't go wrong with the honda stuff and no worries it is life tested in the machine. I used to use t 6 in mostly everything but availability and price has been all over the place. I decided to go with the honda stuff for the sxs and will not be looking back. It has the correct weight and formula for wet clutches and is less than $30 a gallon. Amazon has kits for about $80. Once a year trying to save like $16 bucks is just ridiculous.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once a year trying to save like $16 bucks is just ridiculous.
Maybe for you doing one oil change a year. I do three a season, and with the T6 rebate going on the last two years, I do three oil changes for the cost of your one.

Reactions: Biteme and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Maybe for you doing one oil change a year. I do three a season, and with the T6 rebate going on the last two years, I do three oil changes for the cost of your one.
I'm a fan of full synthetic but completely new to SxSs and the DCT. I ran Mobil 1 automotive in my dual sport motorcycle for its entire life (after break-in) and got 71,454 miles on that single cylinder engine with the original clutch. I'd like to try T6 because it's so highly thought of but a little uneasy about the higher HP of the Talon and complexity of dual clutches. I used T4 on my last two changes because of name recognition (I was in Green River, Utah and there was little chance I'd find anything Honda branded).

I'm due for another OC and still 'on the fence' about using T6. @PaulF any comments? With my high mileage riding, I'm too frugal to pay the freight for Mobil 1 or Amsoil full syn motorcycle oil. 😊

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!