P1000 Oil light question

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so my clutch was slipping so i turned the screw that lets it run in 2ñd gear. Start the engine and oil light is on. Is this a thing?
Also i backed the screw back to where it should be start it up and the oil light does not come on imediately like when ot is screwed in but seems to come on as soon as the seat belt light goes off. Also it is still in 2nd unless i work the gearshift before i start it. With the key on.

H

HondaTech

The light will come on when the bypass is screwed in, it forces the machine to start in 2nd gear.

If your machine has never had the clutch update parts installed then the light issue is most likely due to the bypass valve being stuck in the clutch cover. When the clutch is burnt and slips fiber material fills the oil and causes scaring on the valve and it can stick.

Was the oil pump replaced when the screen went through it?

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The light will come on when the bypass is screwed in, it forces the machine to start in 2nd gear.

If your machine has never had the clutch update parts installed then the light issue is most likely due to the bypass valve being stuck in the clutch cover. When the clutch is burnt and slips fiber material fills the oil and causes scaring on the valve and it can stick.

No update
No new oil pump
I cleaned the valve body real good but it could be scared like you said.
If i turn the key on work the gearshift out of park and back it will shift fine no slip but you must repeat everytime you turn off the key. And oil light comes on like clockwork when the seatbelt light goes off.
and no im not driving once the light is on.

Ever have the clutch update?
I think thats the other reason hes asking.

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The screen was still in the pump when i removed the pump it fell out. Was basically just wadded up and restricting oil flow

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Negative sir . Sure looks like i need one now.
Yup. There WAS a recall that has ebded on the 16’s. I had it done to mine. Sounds like you have fallen victim to the failure of the original. @HondaTech an give u some more detailed info As to what to do next. If u like, i can look and find the old link about it For you?

H

HondaTech

Yup. There WAS a recall that has ebded on the 16’s. I had it done to mine. Sounds like you have fallen victim to the failure of the original. @HondaTech an give u some more detailed info As to what to do next. If u like, i can look and find the old link about it For you?

I would have the clutch update done and verify the bypass valves is not scarred. If it looks scuffed at all or difficult to remove, id replace it. If clutch is indeed burnt, then the rear of the engine should be cleaned throughly including the valve body, oil tank and oil pan/pickup.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I would have the clutch update done and verify the bypass valves is not scarred. If it looks scuffed at all or difficult to remove, id replace it. If clutch is indeed burnt, then the rear of the engine should be cleaned throughly including the valve body, oil tank and oil pan/pickup.
I think u meant that for @Lilchic lol.
Tagged just in case👍

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just finished putting it back together this past week. I was hoping the lack of oil pressure was my clutch issue.... well the shifting issue. Ive only driven it maybe a mile since putting it together. I Should have did the clutch while i was in there but was hoping to save that 400$. Any who..... the engine should still be clean.
I think u meant that for @Lilchic lol.
Tagged just in case👍

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks buggy man. . I wasnt in possession of the buggy before the free clutch update expired.. i wont complain tho cause i got a heck of a deal on it. I have the service manual so everything i need to know should be listed i hope. But if you have any tips they are welcome

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you again for the info honda tech. I kinda figured that me screwing with that screw got it all screwed up. But really the whole thing is because of me using a funnel to fill my oil during service and knocking that screen loose. Does that happen often or am i just that lucky? Really should put that in big bold letters at the oil fill cap. DO NOT USE FUNNEL!!

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks buggy man. . I wasnt in possession of the buggy before the free clutch update expired.. i wont complain tho cause i got a heck of a deal on it. I have the service manual so everything i need to know should be listed i hope. But if you have any tips they are welcome
that was probably meant for @Remington I have a old 700 and know nothing about the 1000s but your welcome anyway

Lilchic

Lilchic

Jul 20, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
that was probably meant for @Remington I have a old 700 and know nothing about the 1000s but your welcome anyway
You are correct sir my bad. Thank you @Remington ... now who knows if there is a heavy duty clutch and where can i get it if there is. I have 29.5 terminator tires and i am positive it puts more strain on the clutch. They are heavy heavy

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!