Oil Light

B

Bigtoons

Aug 25, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2021 1000-5
Went on an all day ride, about 2 hrs in the oil light came on. Immediately shut it off, checked levels and all was fine. After about 5 mins, started back up and it never came back on. It has since came back on a few times when it’s hot and/or running it hard. Oil was changed after initial 100 mi, and oil light was reset. It’s at about 450 miles now. Dealer couldn’t get it in for 3 weeks and said I needed to bring it in to be out in line!! Any help is appreciated, thank you. Great site!
Eric

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2021 1000-5
Went on an all day ride, about 2 hrs in the oil light came on. Immediately shut it off, checked levels and all was fine. After about 5 mins, started back up and it never came back on. It has since came back on a few times when it’s hot and/or running it hard. Oil was changed after initial 100 mi, and oil light was reset. It’s at about 450 miles now. Dealer couldn’t get it in for 3 weeks and said I needed to bring it in to be out in line!! Any help is appreciated, thank you. Great site!
Eric
Welcome fellow michigander!
congrats on your first post in just over a yr. 🥳
Where bouts u located and ride?
When u get a chance, post up some pics of your ride! Kinda a big deal here ya know! ;) #POIDH

I agree with @HondaTech thats a good place to start. Grounds are overlooked alot

B

Bigtoons

Aug 25, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I’ll check into that and see if anything is out of sorts. Thank you for the tips! Located in Grayling, MI (aka God’s country). Here’s a few photos of the ride
35110FFE 3069 4E5D A6F4 ED0CB4B6472D
A5093E75 90B7 4538 98FD 6DC0620A9C28

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be sure your oil level is right. To check it, your engine should be warm, shut off, and parked level. After a minute shut off, insert the dipstick until the threads touch (do not thread it in.) The dipstick has a tendency to touch something internal and not go all the way in if it's not inserted straight.

Not to state the obvious, but the dipstick on this machine kinda blows. And if they're overfilled, they'll run hot.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!