Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone have experience or recommendations for safety harnesses in a P500? They would need to comfortably fit big people. ( Think 6’2”, 315)
My opinion 2inch padded Dragon Fire Racing. I have 3 inch it’s sitting right here I will take a pic. Ignore how immaculately clean it is

DE445667 1EF4 4D10 A0C9 E438E6035FE4

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone have experience or recommendations for safety harnesses in a P500? They would need to comfortably fit big people. ( Think 6’2”, 315)
PRP are nice I have them in my P1 and Talon. @trigger didnt like them in his P5. I had them in my old P5 but was tight. Im
6-2 178. I would think a person of your size as you describe (no offense) prob already tight in a P5 you will be very unhappy with Harnesses in there.
Just MO.

Last edited:
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I have 2" PRP 4pts. I (mostly) like them. Took me about a year to get used to releasing the parking brake BEFORE buckling in. That got annoying. This past TO, I went home with belt burns on both shoulders, which wasn't very comfortable. By halfway through Jackal's ride on Saturday, I had ditched the shoulder straps because my shoulders were raw. I wasn't riding particularly hard this TO and its never happened on prior rides, so I'm not sure why the change this time. Only thing I can figure as I wasn't nearly as fat at this TO as I was during the prior ones.

That being said, I'm not sure I would get them if I were you. There's not a whole lot of room for movement once you're strapped it. Taking a slower, methodical line where One might be trying to look this way or that way would be hard when you're strapped down tight. That's one reason I hit s*** fast; I just can't see where I'm going. 😆

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
My machine came with Pro Armor harness. My friend and P.O. of the P500 installed them. I believe they are 2-inch wide. Can sort of see them in this picture:
New EMP roof 2

For fitment - I'm 6' 1" and around 280 and there is plenty of adjustment left once I get them set for fitting me.

Like others are saying - the stock retractable lap/shoulder belts are way more comfortable and convenient than the harness. Main reason the harness was installed was right after my friend bought the P5, it was taken to the Black Hills in South Dakota for a ride where 2 teen-age girls were going to be using it. So he wanted them harnessed in should they roll it.

I took the harness out shortly after I bought it from him and put the stock belt system back in. Mostly because I needed it to strap a car seat in the passenger seat for my boy who was 4 at the time. I then put the harness back in when I took it to Moab in 2022. Now, I'm just lazy and have not swapped the stock belts back in, for I have only been using the machine for utility jobs and just shove the harness behind/in-between the seat.

KyGal83

KyGal83

KGB, SNS, Duchess Sheldon, Ms. Daisy, Natasha
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
My machine came with Pro Armor harness. My friend and P.O. of the P500 installed them. I believe they are 2-inch wide. Can sort of see them in this picture:
View attachment 432580

For fitment - I'm 6' 1" and around 280 and there is plenty of adjustment left once I get them set for fitting me.

Like others are saying - the stock retractable lap/shoulder belts are way more comfortable and convenient than the harness. Main reason the harness was installed was right after my friend bought the P5, it was taken to the Black Hills in South Dakota for a ride where 2 teen-age girls were going to be using it. So he wanted them harnessed in should they roll it.

I took the harness out shortly after I bought it from him and put the stock belt system back in. Mostly because I needed it to strap a car seat in the passenger seat for my boy who was 4 at the time. I then put the harness back in when I took it to Moab in 2022. Now, I'm just lazy and have not swapped the stock belts back in, for I have only been using the machine for utility jobs and just shove the harness behind/in-between the seat.
Nice! I’m very curious about these.. When you have some time do you care to share some pictures of how these are attached?

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Back when...

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
View attachment 432580

Whats up buddy! Havent seen u in a bit. Hope all is well?

advertisement
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
KyGal83 - I'll see if I can remember to snap some pictures when I go to take the P5 to the horse barn this evening.

Trigger - yep, same exact harness I have.

Remington - Yep, still here. Just been extra busy this year so far. Doing a ATV Cross-country racing series this year. Between that, home life and what-not, this past week-end was the first one I home in the previous 5. Schedule seemed to fall that it was: Race, family cabin trip, ATV group ride, family cabin trip, race. Now I am just trying to get things ready to spend the week of the 4th at the cabin again.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington - Yep, still here. Just been extra busy this year so far. Doing a ATV Cross-country racing series this year. Between that, home life and what-not, this past week-end was the first one I home in the previous 5. Schedule seemed to fall that it was: Race, family cabin trip, ATV group ride, family cabin trip, race. Now I am just trying to get things ready to spend the week of the 4th at the cabin again.
Good to hear your doing well and quite busy.
We will be up on the 4th as well for a long weekend.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Here you go KyGal83 - Sorry it took all week-end for me to get this to you, but here are how the Pro Armor harness mounts in a P5:
IMG 3316

The shoulder belts loop around the ROPS cross bar behind the seat back.

IMG 3317
IMG 3318

The lap belts use the O.E. mounting bolts on the outside of the seat bottom and where the O.E. buckles were.

Word of warning: if you take the seat back or bottom out of your P5 on a regular basis, a harness will make that task 3X more difficult, because you have to "fish" the seat back out of the shoulder harness, as well as the lap belts/shoulder belts always seem to catch on the seat bottom as well.