P500 P500 Plow Setup Comparisons - Post your reviews here!

D

Deleted member 3748

I run the full KFI 60" plow setup with a Kolpin 3500# synthetic winch. Stock tires, stock lift. I push snow with ease and my wife plows with it when I'm on the road. It's so easy she does the street too... so the city plow doesn't fill our driveway with all of its crap.Weight of the plow is no factor and 60" is wide enough to clear the path for my tires. It comes off with two pins... takes about a minute. Maybe two minutes to put it back on.
IMAG00427

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I run the full KFI 60" plow setup with a Kolpin 3500# synthetic winch. Stock tires, stock lift. I push snow with ease and my wife plows with it when I'm on the road. It's so easy she does the street too... so the city plow doesn't fill our driveway with all of its crap.Weight of the plow is no factor and 60" is wide enough to clear the path for my tires. It comes off with two pins... takes about a minute. Maybe two minutes to put it back on.
View attachment 21897

Nice. I think I read an older post about your setup. That's why I've been leaning toward KFI. Only hearing good things about the KFI's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Can't speak for the 72, but my 66" works great and additional 3" per side I can't see causing a problem. The power is there due to low gearing, it's just the weight of the machine is light when trying to pushing a large windrow of snow over with angled blade can shift machine laterally. This is if you're pushing against a bank of snow. In deep snow say deeper than floor boards I've made two passes. The hydro angle sounds like a nice option and angling on the fly would be cool. I'm very pleased with my KFI set up and surprised at how quick it can move snow.

jrc

Thanks for posting. The 66" setup is what I've been considering. Glad to hear it works well for the p5. Sounds like the lightness of the p5 shows when using the larger plow setups. I'm sure if I went 66" I won't regret not buying the 72".

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 21897

I'm on the end of a cul-de-sac and in our fine city of 95,000 the city works bought mostly plow trucks that can't plow to the driver's side only passenger.... Very silly indeed AND operators will not back into our sac... So all the snow from down the street ends up in our sac..... 66" KFI and P5 make pretty short work of plowing all of that keerap out of the sac. Love plowing snow with this unit and a couple of elderly neighbours too and out at the farm an hour away.

j

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I run the eagle plow setup front mount like jolly joker, just not as fancy with the power angle setup. Works awesome, 66" blade is definitely the way to go. 60" blade at an angle only clears about 53-54", which only gives you an inch and a half on either side before you are driving over unplowed snow..and if you run bigger tires or offset wheels it surely won't be wide enough at full angle. Just some info to think about when buying the blade. I ran 60" on my atvs and did the research and math on the size differences before I got the new setup, very happy I went up to 66". You can probably run 72" with no problems it just seemed too big for the width of the p500 imo.

Reactions: Seg and ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got a 66 in klick and go 2 on the way ill let ya know soon as it snows

Eager to hear about that! Nice looking rig, by the way.

Reactions: hobbytrucker
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I got a 66 in klick and go 2 on the way ill let ya know soon as it snows
I am looking at the click and go2 as well. I was undecided between a 60 versus 66 inch blade. I am concerned that 66 my be too much in the wet stuff if you have to push it a ways? On the other hand, my machine is about 52 inch wide with my setup so with a 60 at full angle I'm probably just on the limit? But based on Shadesmn's and others feedback I''ll probably go for the 66" as well...

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Honestly seg, I've not had a problem with wet snow yet. I only had to use 4wd once last year and that was because i was pushing my pile over grass and dirt and lost traction cuz it was loose. As far as width goes, if you're used to a wide blade on an atv you'll likely want the extra 6" with the pioneer. I pushed a 60" blade with a 350 rancher for years and very rarely was that too much to push, the pioneer is 400 or so pounds heavier than it was so 66" shouldn't have any affect on it compared to 60".

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Honestly seg, I've not had a problem with wet snow yet. I only had to use 4wd once last year and that was because i was pushing my pile over grass and dirt and lost traction cuz it was loose. As far as width goes, if you're used to a wide blade on an atv you'll likely want the extra 6" with the pioneer. I pushed a 60" blade with a 350 rancher for years and very rarely was that too much to push, the pioneer is 400 or so pounds heavier than it was so 66" shouldn't have any affect on it compared to 60".
What I wanted to hear! Thanks

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
One other thing to note Seg, I see the click n go is a bottom mount style setup. If you ride in the woods much it could cause clearance issues..I had a moose bottom mount initially cuz the front mount I was supposed to get was temporarily unavailable. First time I was in the woods it got hung up within 5 min. Not sure exactly the how that one fits but may be worth some extra research..

Reactions: Seg
Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
I got the 60 inch click and go, very nice for putting on and off... 1 minute tops and no bending over just release the winch and step on the release and back off it. To put it on just drive over it there is a different place to hook winch so I lines up in the back, just a little push and it locks on, release winch and move cable ahead to reg position.
No problem pushing snow, I would have had the 66 or 70 if I knew how good/easy it pushed heavy snow.
Only dislike is I wish there was another pivot point so it could lift higher. I have to take it off to back onto truck/trailer.

Reactions: Seg and ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got the 60 inch click and go, very nice for putting on and off... 1 minute tops and no bending over just release the winch and step on the release and back off it. To put it on just drive over it there is a different place to hook winch so I lines up in the back, just a little push and it locks on, release winch and move cable ahead to reg position.
No problem pushing snow, I would have had the 66 or 70 if I knew how good/easy it pushed heavy snow.
Only dislike is I wish there was another pivot point so it could lift higher. I have to take it off to back onto truck/trailer.

very good info. I had a mid mount plow on my old quad and it didn't lift very high. That is why i'm pretty set on going front mount.

Reactions: trigger and Seg
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
One other thing to note Seg, I see the click n go is a bottom mount style setup. If you ride in the woods much it could cause clearance issues..I had a moose bottom mount initially cuz the front mount I was supposed to get was temporarily unavailable. First time I was in the woods it got hung up within 5 min. Not sure exactly the how that one fits but may be worth some extra research..
Shadesmn, yeah that's an issue with all bottom mount I suppose. I'll be ok since I don't do much trail in the winter. I use snowshoes on my hunting lease in the winter

Reactions: Shadesmn
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Shadesmn, yeah that's an issue with all bottom mount I suppose. I'll be ok since I don't do much trail in the winter. I use snowshoes on my hunting lease in the winter
It is somewhat of an issue on any bottom mount. Just depends on the way it's set up. I ran bottom mount setups on my atvs from cycle country and they were very minimal in what hung down and never caused a problem, the moose however that was on my pioneer was terrible. Just don't want to see anyone get a setup they regret. I was fortunate enough to get mine swapped out for the front mount eagle plow setup since my parts manager at my dealer knew I was supposed to get that and helped make it right when the parts were available. Otherwise I'd have been very unhappy if I were stuck with the other mount.

Reactions: Seg
RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
I was planning to use the Moose 60" plow and push tubes from my '09 Foreman on the Pioneer with a new bottom mounting plate. Hooking up the plow is more of a pain with a bottom mount but I want the flexibility to use either bike to plow. Kept the Foreman's mounting plate on all year. Only thing I ever damaged on the Moose bottom mount were the u-bolts. Pioneer has better ground clearance, so unless the plate design has changed, I would not expect it to be a problem.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I was planning to use the Moose 60" plow and push tubes from my '09 Foreman on the Pioneer with a new bottom mounting plate. Hooking up the plow is more of a pain with a bottom mount but I want the flexibility to use either bike to plow. Kept the Foreman's mounting plate on all year. Only thing I ever damaged on the Moose bottom mount were the u-bolts. Pioneer has better ground clearance, so unless the plate design has changed, I would not expect it to be a problem.
The problem on the moose mount isn't really with the push tube attachment point, its the rear of the mount that has a flange pointing straight down. Its running across the entire width of the mount and is a very hard point of contact when it hits a stump or something sticking up.

20151011 093941

Reactions: ehart814
RDRC

RDRC

Jul 31, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
That would be a problem. No such flange on my Foreman's mount. Thanks for the pic

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
That would be a problem. No such flange on my Foreman's mount. Thanks for the pic
No problem. Glad I hadn't deleted it from my phone yet. It was very much a hindrance in the woods. I was on the phone with the dealer as soon as I was back home after the first venture out with it on there. Plus the added lift clearance of the front mount is crazy compared to a bottom mount(which I ran on my foreman and rancher for years before).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!