P500 P500 Plow Setup Comparisons - Post your reviews here!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You can in a limited fashion. Usually the tip too easy pushing dirt but in the past I've put a strap on the top of the blade down to the push tube so it cant tip and it does work, just not always as well as toud think depending on the dirts cooperativeness to spread. Sand and loose dirt are ok, black dirt and rock are a lost cause usually.
Edit: I should add, if you have a dirt driveway you are plowing they can move the top layer around on you if it's loose packed. I'd recommend using the skids on the back so as not to deform your driveway too much. My dad has issues with that in the early winter until he can get a bit of a "crust" layer frozen down. Then it's pretty much go nuts like you're on pavement.

Placed about 2" of fresh stone last year and first plow with the quad tore it up. While carving it up, learned just to hold the blade up a little.
Leaving an inch behind is better than having to straighten that mess out. It'll be even easier with a winch, had to hold the quad plow up manually.

Reactions: ehart814
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I actually just ordered that one...waiting for delivery

Could I ask a favor?? After you install it, could you report back how much time it took and the level of difficulty? I'm still thinking that this will be the exact kit I order. Do you mind me asking where you ordered, and what price you got??

Reactions: SBuckJ
SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Could I ask a favor?? After you install it, could you report back how much time it took and the level of difficulty? I'm still thinking that this will be the exact kit I order. Do you mind me asking where you ordered, and what price you got??
No problem...I'm hoping to mount this Saturday. I just ordered from the above Ebay post....$628 and change I believe? Ordered Friday and was delivered today (to central PA)...here is the add KFI 66" Snow Plow Kit -Blade/Push Tube/Mount- Honda 500 Pioneer 2015-2016

Reactions: ehart814
hobbytrucker

hobbytrucker

Jun 14, 2016
digby ns
Ownership

1. 500
i just assembled my warn/Honda plow kit and put it on in probably a couple hrs I have the 60 in one

Reactions: trigger
hobbytrucker

hobbytrucker

Jun 14, 2016
digby ns
Ownership

1. 500
Ec38adc63e1a35379431cb3b77eb666d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Santa came early.... Some boxes showed up at my house that say "KFI" on them... No blade yet, just the mounts and the tube... big lake effect snow storm coming this weekend. Won't have the blade in time.

Rokrangr

Rokrangr

Dec 3, 2014
Fleetwood, NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have the kfi set up with the 60 inch blade. It is a very high quality product. It's very well built and fit and finish is very good also. I had a cycle country atv set up for10 years before the kfi set up. I always thought the cycle country was a great product until I purchased the kfi. It is a much higher quality product. I've had mine going on 2 years now and I am very pleased.

Reactions: jmaxch
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Waiting for the blade! E2d71051fcccc9759657259422ffb365

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rocmar and Chooglin
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I like the looks of the KFI set-up, other than the way the plow mount is bolted onto the front of the bumper. That seems really weak, as the bumper is pretty thin gage. The mounting tabs on the side being attached to the lower bumper bolts are plenty strong. I don't understand when they make such a stout plow mounting plate that they wouldn't have designed it to bolt along the bottom edge similar to the Honda/Warn accessory mount or the Eagle mount. With the KFI design, that somewhat weak bumper is all that's really holding the mount from being able to "pivot" on the lower mounting bolts.
I think if I buy the KFI plow and push tube, I'd just build my own plow mount so I could attach it properly.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Have been very impressed with my KFI 66" and Superwinch. With a roller fairlead it's a little hard on synthetic winchline but not a big deal. Really tough system, ploughed out access to 1/4 section of land I'm gonna log here soon and the gravel access road had significant amounts of frozen rocks under the snow. This rig is impressively strong 4 hours snow (and frozen rock) removal to clean up 2 Kms of access road, snow was 25 cms deep. This is no toy.

J

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
i just assembled my warn/Honda plow kit and put it on in probably a couple hrs I have the 60 in one

Warn has nice stuff, just the Honda / Warn plow mounts seem really light duty compared to the KFI, Eagle, Denali, etc. Like the Pioneer 500 Honda accessory plow mount, the whole thing is made out of 1/8", where KFI and Eagle looks like at least 1/4".

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I'm considering a plow as well, but I'm wondering if the p500 will push really wet heavy snow. I live in Southern Md, and the snow is normally very heavy- my snow blower hates it. I live on a private road and could generate a little money (toy subsidy) if it can push. I've seen the pick-up plows trip trying to push the stuff. Another possible issue is my machine is 5" wider than stock so I would probably have to go with the 72" plow. Advice?

Last edited:
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I'm considering a plow as well, but I'm wondering if the p500 will push really wet heavy snow. I live in Southern Md, and the snow is normally very heavy- my snow blower hates it. I live on a private road and could generate a little money (toy subsidy) if it can push. I've seen the pick-up plows trip trying to push the stuff. Another possible issue is my machine is 5" wider than stock so I would probably have to go with the 72" plow. Advice?
66" is in my opinion, and i believe several others here, the perfect size blade to run on the p500. The 72" is a little big but is doable. If the weight of the snow is your concern I'd go 66". Its wide enough to clear full width of the machine at full angle still if you've gotten wider with wheels and tires. And it will push more snow than you would believe. Only time i even use 4wd is when the ground is icy sometimes, otherwise she goes like crazy. You could even throw some weight on back and probably not need 4wd as well. But when you do go 4wd, its practicality unstoppable. Eagle plows and Kfi both have 66" setups, not sure if anyone else does though.

20161211 102007

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

My P5 is 54-55" wide iirc and the KFI 66" at full angle "covers" my wheel track. I'm running 5-2 rims and 26 by 11 by 12 tires on all corners, AMS Slingshots and have been an awesome tire so far. I was gonna get the 72" but am glad I did the 66". With wet snow you could always do two passes or plough more often. You can also set the trip release pressure and cutting angle with the KFI gear, I don't know if that's the case with other products. What I have found with pushing snow it's the angled blade trying to push too much laterally, as our machines are relatively light it will deflect. So you just have to be strategic and plan out your moves a bit, straight blade mode it's a brute for its size...

Cheers,

jrc

Reactions: JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Very cool! Thanks Guys. 66" it is, and it looks like KFI is the ticket. How bout a good place to get/order it from. Y'all deal with Rocky Mountain ATV?

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Very cool! Thanks Guys. 66" it is, and it looks like KFI is the ticket. How bout a good place to get/order it from. Y'all deal with Rocky Mountain ATV?

I will be surprised if you are unhappy with KFI products least the plough and winch mount. You might try KFI directly too as it's manufactured in the USA, which is nice to support also. Iirc I couldnt deal direct as I'm in Canada and used their dealership network to get it landed in my town. Rocky would probably be good too.

j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I will be surprised if you are unhappy with KFI products least the plough and winch mount. You might try KFI directly too as it's manufactured in the USA, which is nice to support also. Iirc I couldnt deal direct as I'm in Canada and used their dealership network to get it landed in my town. Rocky would probably be good too.

j

I dealt directly with KFI as I went with their whole set up including the winch, total package was over a grand.
Good people and excellent service. Answered all my questions...and I can be a picky bastard. ;)

Reactions: Shadesmn
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I dealt directly with KFI as I went with their whole set up including the winch, total package was over a grand.
Good people and excellent service. Answered all my questions...and I can be a picky bastard. ;)
I already have the winch mounted, and I found the KFI 66" blade and mount kit for $627 shipped, on ebay

Reactions: JCart and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!