P500 P500 Plow Setup Comparisons - Post your reviews here!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Your thread did well
ehart....
You're right. I'm glad so many contributed. This will definitely be a resource for those (like me) that are shopping for a plow setup. Hopefully some more of these guys will post pics to show off their setups!

Reactions: rocmar
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
You're right. I'm glad so many contributed. This will definitely be a resource for those (like me) that are shopping for a plow setup. Hopefully some more of these guys will post pics to show off their setups!
I will do you one better. I can post pics of the current setup and the moose under mount that was on it. ( the one in my profile pic is the moose set up, but I have a pic not in the snow that shows it better.)

Reactions: ehart814
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure the order the pics will load here, but they are pretty self explanatory. Moose under mount vs eagle front mount. Haven't taken pics with machine in it too on new set up yet..

20151011 093941 20160122 164343 20160130 095834
Also to those looking at differing setups, you can clearly see the lift limit here with the bottom mount as it is almost up against the frame in the pic.

Last edited:
Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
This year I will add sides to my plow and a piece of rubber across the top.
Sides will help hold more snow and rubber will help get the snow rolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rustneversleeps
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
This year I will add sides to my plow and a piece of rubber across the top.
Sides will help hold more snow and rubber will help get the snow rolling.

Yes rubber flap on the top helps tremendously.

Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully won't have any snow for a while to really give a good review but I just place my order for a new Eagle 66" plow with the hydro angle kit. Once I get it in hand I will through it on and get some pictures and initial review on it.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hopefully won't have any snow for a while to really give a good review but I just place my order for a new Eagle 66" plow with the hydro angle kit. Once I get it in hand I will through it on and get some pictures and initial review on it.
You will be very happy with it I think. I have the eagle setup as well, minus the hydro kit and it's awesome. The mount plate is made to fit both the 500 and 700 so it seems a bit weird to get things lined up at first, but it does work great after its on. There's possibly a few extra parts in the bag that aren't really explained, unless they've got that sorted out now. If you have any trouble I'm happy to assist with tech support. :)

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
You will be very happy with it I think. I have the eagle setup as well, minus the hydro kit and it's awesome. The mount plate is made to fit both the 500 and 700 so it seems a bit weird to get things lined up at first, but it does work great after its on. There's possibly a few extra parts in the bag that aren't really explained, unless they've got that sorted out now. If you have any trouble I'm happy to assist with tech support. :)
Where did you guys purchase the Eagle setup??

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Do these things work at all for dirt work?

I've pushed around some small crushed stone with mine but I wouldn't recommend it. Won't take much to bend everything up.

Reactions: JTW
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Where did you guys purchase the Eagle setup??
I got mine through my dealer, they are based in isanti mn and my dealer is in the next town up the road. You can get them direct though i believe, they are online under eagle plows. Company is american manufacturing inc.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Do these things work at all for dirt work?
You can in a limited fashion. Usually the tip too easy pushing dirt but in the past I've put a strap on the top of the blade down to the push tube so it cant tip and it does work, just not always as well as toud think depending on the dirts cooperativeness to spread. Sand and loose dirt are ok, black dirt and rock are a lost cause usually.
Edit: I should add, if you have a dirt driveway you are plowing they can move the top layer around on you if it's loose packed. I'd recommend using the skids on the back so as not to deform your driveway too much. My dad has issues with that in the early winter until he can get a bit of a "crust" layer frozen down. Then it's pretty much go nuts like you're on pavement.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry guys that I gave you bad information on my plow. I have a 66" eagle NOT a 72". Old guys like me have a hard time remembering how to use the smart end of a tape measure!

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Is there any loss of clearance on the KFI plow system? Does the mount hang below at all? Reason I ask is the Warn system advertises that it does not reduce ground clearance. I ride ALOT in winter and we do cross railroad tracks which can cause slight bottoming. Thanks!!

F

Freerider

Sep 29, 2016
Central New York
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone using this front mount KFI kit? Is 66 inches too wide for a P500?
Da767c4222314c0c694cc94cd42893d0

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!