P500 P500 stance not level?

Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought a leftover 2018 p5 and am very excited. I've got it sitting in my garage and noticed that it doesn't quite sit level. It appears that the passenger side front sits lower than the other 3 corners. It's not much, but noticeable by eye. I've turned the machine around to check and see if it was the floor and it stays the same. The suspension is all set at the same level and tire pressure is the same as well. I saw a single lonely thread on something similar with a p700 owner but didn't learn much other than what I have checked. The machine is brand new (less than a mile) and I'm just trying to figure out if I'm losing my mind or maybe that's fine and to just not worry about it. Someone even mentioned that theirs sits that way slightly with a full tank of gas. Hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing but wanted to throw it out here on the forums as this is where I did most of my research and what convinced me to finally pull the trigger.

Thanks for any and all input/help.

Upstater

*edited to include the fact that I had 26" Bearclaw HTR's put on there before it left the store.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

My reply was going to be the fact that the fuel tank is on the passenger side , then I seen that you mentioned that in your post. I wouldn't be concerned unless it was a considerable amount of difference!!!

Reactions: Mudwing
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
i think cause it new give it time ..After a few rides check it again might have to break in the suspension a bit..

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Shock settings the same all around?

Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
I'm not sure of the proper etiquette in terms of responding to comments but thanks for the input so far. I'm hoping it's nothing and all of your comments make sense. I will run it down close to empty and see if maybe it's as simple as the tank. Suspension settings are all the same, just need to re-confirm tire pressure once I find my low PSI gauge. Also a good point about break in and seeing how the suspension settles. We currently have standing water all over from an abnormally wet April but I'm hoping to get out on the trails soon. I will keep you posted. This forum is great.

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
There's a ratcheting system built into the A arm bushings, maybe give it a good bouncing and have another look, it maybe something that will even out after a few miles.

Reactions: Mudder
Upstater

Upstater

Nov 13, 2018
Upstate NY
Ownership

1. 500
70Bones - That is a new one for me. Thanks for the heads up, I will keep an eye out over time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!