Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
It helps. So do spacers.

What size spacers do you run?
The tires made a better ride for sure, most noticeable was on rocky surface, most of the trails here are sand and it plows a little more in turns and drifts a bit more in the sand but in all I’m happy with the purchase

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What size spacers do you run?
The tires made a better ride for sure, most noticeable was on rocky surface, most of the trails here are sand and it plows a little more in turns and drifts a bit more in the sand but in all I’m happy with the purchase
I have 1.5's in back and 1" up front. I did these sizes because I have oem rear wheels front and rear, and this got the track essentially the same front and rear. Running 26" tires. Mines a 2015 with rear preloads only, and I am still experimenting with the preloads.

This last ride I did about 4.5 psi in the tires, which is more typical of what I will be doing than what I have been running, and this is about as good as it will get for me. At this point, I would describe the ride as acceptable at the casual speeds I ride.

Reactions: Badblubug
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, tomorrow i get the 26” tires put on the 500 and I’m gonna run it about 100 miles after the tire install, I’m hoping it does well enough with the tire upgrade that a new machine is no longer in the picture..
The 26’s will make a difference.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
I have 1.5's in back and 1" up front. I did these sizes because I have oem rear wheels front and rear, and this got the track essentially the same front and rear. Running 26" tires. Mines a 2015 with rear preloads only, and I am still experimenting with the preloads.

This last ride I did about 4.5 psi in the tires, which is more typical of what I will be doing than what I have been running, and this is about as good as it will get for me. At this point, I would describe the ride as acceptable at the casual speeds I ride.

Thanks DG, I’ll look into the spacers also, my tires were at 10psi and I think I’ll air em down to 7-8 and see how it does, maybe more after, we’ll see how it goes
Mine is a 17 and am also running stock wheels front and rear

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks DG, I’ll look into the spacers also, my tires were at 10psi and I think I’ll air em down to 7-8 and see how it does, maybe more after, we’ll see how it goes
Mine is a 17 and am also running stock wheels front and rear
Jeez...I mistyped that. I'm running stock rear wheels front and rear.
Air pressure is a personal thing, so you do what you think you must, but no way I could take 10psi in a 500.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Jeez...I mistyped that. I'm running stock rear wheels front and rear.
Air pressure is a personal thing, so you do what you think you must, but no way I could take 10psi in a 500.

Yet that’s the tire pressure Honda recommended, and figured I’d start there, I do believe after tires and if the spacers do more I’ll have a ride that I can live with, just slow down a bit and ride within my mile/time limits...
I’m not 50 anymore

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, it’s amazing isn’t it. Mine felt like a different machine when I put them on mine.

You’ve got to wonder why they didn’t do it from the factory, you can’t get a good feel for this machine with a dealer test ride, but there’s a lot I like about the 500, the biggest being size, no need to drive half off the trail cause an atv is coming the other way, and up high seating position, the machine just fits

Reactions: Russ989
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
especially if radial, bias like original want a bit more to get rid of the squirly feel you get at low pressure, but heavy quads and utv i normally run 5-7 with a radial for ride and max conforming traction

I’ll air down to 7-8 and ride this weekend, see how it goes

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’ve got to wonder why they didn’t do it from the factory, you can’t get a good feel for this machine with a dealer test ride, but there’s a lot I like about the 500, the biggest being size, no need to drive half off the trail cause an atv is coming the other way, and up high seating position, the machine just fits
They would sell more after test drives would be my bet.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
So, after lots of trail rides on the 26” tires the ride is better than stock and satisfactory for a few hours out, I still feel a bit beat the next day.. so, after a ton of research on different sxs’s including Honda’s I decided I didn’t want any sxs
The 500 stays as I use it to plow and I have the doors and such and when the wife wants to ride along we’ll take that
My new trail rider is a new left over ‘18 Honda Rancher dct eps irs I pick it up tomorrow and darn sure looking forward to it, I know exactly what I’m getting with a Rancher as I still own a 2007 that has been trouble free, the ‘07 rancher is a foot shift solid axel no speedo, nothing... this new one should offer the ride I’m looking for

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
be interested how the new ones do, traditionally the hondas were pretty stiff, compared to say something like a grizz or sportsman. the few there are in the club, same as your old one sra and they dont care really. my pioneer has about 600m on it now carrying heavy tools or wood when we go on the local trails, everywhere is rough far fields and hedge, really seems to be getting better. not yamaha better over 20 but i was really wondering if i was going to keep it or not and i think i am now, i just want to get a used quad grizz maybe or brute force)too when i feel like riding fast in the woods.

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
I picked it up and I’m on vacation this week so I’m going to break it in tomorrow, here it is

04AFFE3C 48A2 455E 8540 706A977D81B8

92D54EFC C611 4391 967D CA6C97574FE1

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!