P700 P700 or Polaris ranger 500

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
be interested how the new ones do, traditionally the hondas were pretty stiff, compared to say something like a grizz or sportsman. the few there are in the club, same as your old one sra and they dont care really. my pioneer has about 600m on it now carrying heavy tools or wood when we go on the local trails, everywhere is rough far fields and hedge, really seems to be getting better. not yamaha better over 20 but i was really wondering if i was going to keep it or not and i think i am now, i just want to get a used quad grizz maybe or brute force)too when i feel like riding fast in the woods.

I have never driven a different Brand ATV and honestly never looked at the other brands, I researched the sxs though,
I knew what I was getting with a Rancher, the new one has IRS and Power steering and auto trans, knowing how my old rancher rides I know with IRS this will be better yet

I know what you’re thinking about keeping or dumping the sxs I was there, I thought I’d keep the 500 for plowing and the kids could use it when they come over and I’d buy a sxs with a softer ride, until my brother and I went too some trails here that sxs can’t go due to width and terrain, honestly I had so much fun on my rancher I knew I no longer wanted another sxs, found this left over ‘18 and that was it.
I don’t see my p500 getting much seat time in the summer months, I’ll use it to plow and some winter riding on the groomed snowmobile trails that are open to atv/utv my 07 Rancher the kids can have that also...

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have a good time on vacation and put some miles on it. I'll be on vacation myself for 10 days starting Friday. I haven't seen my Honda in 2 weeks I been working every day can't wait get off tomorrow at noon then it's on. Back to Georgia

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have never driven a different Brand ATV and honestly never looked at the other brands, I researched the sxs though,
I knew what I was getting with a Rancher, the new one has IRS and Power steering and auto trans, knowing how my old rancher rides I know with IRS this will be better yet

I know what you’re thinking about keeping or dumping the sxs I was there, I thought I’d keep the 500 for plowing and the kids could use it when they come over and I’d buy a sxs with a softer ride, until my brother and I went too some trails here that sxs can’t go due to width and terrain, honestly I had so much fun on my rancher I knew I no longer wanted another sxs, found this left over ‘18 and that was it.
I don’t see my p500 getting much seat time in the summer months, I’ll use it to plow and some winter riding on the groomed snowmobile trails that are open to atv/utv my 07 Rancher the kids can have that also...

if you havent driven a yamaha or can am you better not you will be dissapointed in your purchase if limo ride was your goal and it rides like the other hondas ive tried. but yamaha is the same quality just kinda short, we have a ton of different quads in our club so its pretty easy to try different things. the 700 pioneer will be the thing to take when we go to the muddy park with the hills because its way better on hills, but the woods around here the grizz would be he best, most fun

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Have a good time on vacation and put some miles on it. I'll be on vacation myself for 10 days starting Friday. I haven't seen my Honda in 2 weeks I been working every day can't wait get off tomorrow at noon then it's on. Back to Georgia

Thanks BackWoods, enjoy your time off also,get out and ride

Reactions: Backwoods
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
if you havent driven a yamaha or can am you better not you will be dissapointed in your purchase if limo ride was your goal and it rides like the other hondas ive tried. but yamaha is the same quality just kinda short, we have a ton of different quads in our club so its pretty easy to try different things. the 700 pioneer will be the thing to take when we go to the muddy park with the hills because its way better on hills, but the woods around here the grizz would be he best, most fun

I don’t know how the heck I forgot I used to own a can am outlander max and sold it to buy the pioneer, I didn’t even look at different brands with this purchase at all, my can am rode nice but was a sweat box riding it due to the heat

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Well,I did some good riding on the new Rancher and the ride is awesome, already got the 1st oil change done, I never thought I’d need power steering on a bike but it sure makes blacktop riding easy, really like it and it will be my primary cruiser
The wife and I were out and here’s the Rancher with her driving the pioneer

4F70F3BB 910F 4120 A6B8 A7B4E1DA32D5

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well,I did some good riding on the new Rancher and the ride is awesome, already got the 1st oil change done, I never thought I’d need power steering on a bike but it sure makes blacktop riding easy, really like it and it will be my primary cruiser
The wife and I were out and here’s the Rancher with her driving the pioneer

View attachment 157550
You got yourself a Honda convoy right there. ;)

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
the ride similar to can am?

i had one too alot of people sell it because of the heat, but all you need is the 200 dobeck fuel tuner to correct the poor factory tune, alot of issues with the bike, brakepads, belts and cvs are poor too, i went from not being able to ride for more than an hour with shoes hung off the the edge to being able to ride with sandles all day. i believe you shouldnt have to mod a machine that cost that much to make it last and be fun to ride. yamaha and honda are opposite, and the yamahas ride more like a buick even than canam

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
the ride similar to can am?

i had one too alot of people sell it because of the heat, but all you need is the 200 dobeck fuel tuner to correct the poor factory tune, alot of issues with the bike, brakepads, belts and cvs are poor too, i went from not being able to ride for more than an hour with shoes hung off the the edge to being able to ride with sandles all day. i believe you shouldnt have to mod a machine that cost that much to make it last and be fun to ride. yamaha and honda are opposite, and the yamahas ride more like a buick even than canam

I’d say the ride is better and more controlled, maybe not as soft but more than acceptable to me. the can am being a 2up had a longer wheel base, the front end would dance around over the washed out sand and the back half felt like a marshmallow going over it, I had a few electrical problems with it and eventually they put a new fuse box in it after that it was better, I remember riding with my feet on the passenger foot boards to avoid the heat, I would pull a 4x8 utility trailer around my property with my foot shift rancher rather than the can am cause the belt couldn’t seem to take the extra load and the rancher would just drag it around no problem, never been on a Yamaha so I can’t say what they are like

I knew the reliability of the Rancher as I’ve been riding one for 12 years, a 2wd foot shift no nothing on it, not even a speedo, I have no idea how many miles are on it since no speedo but I imagine it’s north of 10,000 miles and I’ve never had a problem with it, just routine maintenance and 2 battery’s
So buying another with the options it has was an easy choice for me, I’m surprised at how well the dct on the Rancher shifts compared to the shifting on the pioneer 500 even after adjusting the clutch on it, I figured they were the same trans? My new rancher feels like a quality built machine, I’m a happy guy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!