Talon Paul's Talon R

PS3471

PS3471

Jun 11, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon R
Only have a few miles on the 32s. Visually i think its way more appealing. Power seems good, plenty of power in low. High seems good, but not as snappy as before. I think a lot of the jerkyness is gone. The Carnivores dont seem to throw rocks as bad as stockers.

20190625 194041 20190625 180401 20190625 180352

Reactions: GPR1500SC and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jastoner

Jastoner

Jul 4, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm enjoying your updates. I just turned 200 miles on my 1000r green machine. How is the turning radius and clearance with the 32 inch tires? Thank you
Jack

20190616 095018

Reactions: BWAF
PS3471

PS3471

Jun 11, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm enjoying your updates. I just turned 200 miles on my 1000r green machine. How is the turning radius and clearance with the 32 inch tires? Thank you
Jack

View attachment 139672

Turning is still the same, better with throttle! No clearance issues yet on creeks and trails around home. I have the tire pressure set about 12 all the way around to help keep tire wobble down at higher speeds, makes for a much nicer ride. Power is not an issue.....low still breaks your neck, and acceleration in high is slower but still good.

Jastoner

Jastoner

Jul 4, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Turning is still the same, better with throttle! No clearance issues yet on creeks and trails around home. I have the tire pressure set about 12 all the way around to help keep tire wobble down at higher speeds, makes for a much nicer ride. Power is not an issue.....low still breaks your neck, and acceleration in high is slower but still good.

Great information, thanks!

Reactions: BWAF
PS3471

PS3471

Jun 11, 2019
Missouri
Ownership

1. Talon R
Stock lights are fair at best while night riding. I wanted to go with a light bar that didnt devour power, wobble around or stick up on top of the roof. What I found was a 43 inch single row light bar. It has cree LEDs with center spot and side floods. I thought i ordered a curved bar, but in fact i bought a straight bar. Light output is very clear white light, no yellow haze or tint. I mounted it just below the roofline. Drilled and tapped into cage. Its high enough to stay clear of my view, but low enough i can reach up and tilt it as needed. Its pretty slim, height is comparable to diameter of a quarter. Its very solid, no wobble pops or thumps going down the road. So far im very happy, just need the chance to use it more.

20190704 184215 20190704 184209

devildog1000R

devildog1000R

Jun 25, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Stock lights are fair at best while night riding. I wanted to go with a light bar that didnt devour power, wobble around or stick up on top of the roof. What I found was a 43 inch single row light bar. It has cree LEDs with center spot and side floods. I thought i ordered a curved bar, but in fact i bought a straight bar. Light output is very clear white light, no yellow haze or tint. I mounted it just below the roofline. Drilled and tapped into cage. Its high enough to stay clear of my view, but low enough i can reach up and tilt it as needed. Its pretty slim, height is comparable to diameter of a quarter. Its very solid, no wobble pops or thumps going down the road. So far im very happy, just need the chance to use it more.

How much and where from?

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
I decided to go with a 1/2 windshield. I dont want to feel like an ant under a magnifying glass, but some break from the wind is nice. I went with the Super ATV 1/2 windshield. It was waklet friendly. Install was a breeze! Came with plenty of weatherstrip, fit was good and the mounting tab layout was spot on. 2 plastic and velcro clips secure the wind screen, while at the same time cover up the roll cage bungs. Can be put on or taken off in minutes. Im 6'2, and it pushes the wind up far enough i can feel it at top of my hat. No more turning my hat backwards or having it blow off. Tested to 65 mph. Downside is that its lexan....prone to scuff and scratches. Ill be on the lookout for some kind of coating. Over all very pleased with its performance.

View attachment 137235 View attachment 137240
Get the super ATV rear window,, I did and no regrets

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!