P1000 Performance Mods, or lack thereof... anyone else bummed?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Personally, I’m gonna leave mine bone stock motor-wise.
I like the lack of noise, the way everything works, and coming from a Viking, the power is more than sufficient.
But I know it depends on what kind of riding you do.
The Pioneer is a utility machine that also has some sport.

And Polaris? My wife works at a multi-line store that has Polaris. I could’ve gotten a great buy on one. Hell.. I have a buddy here locally that has designed a new turbo setup for the Rzr that yields STUPID power..

But they break. All the time.

I bought a Honda for the same reasons I got a Yamaha last time.. when I get way back in the brush, I want a machine that will get me back OUT.

Different strokes...

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just to clarify.. the store she works at carries Polaris, CanAm, Yamaha, and Kawasaki. I’m good friends with the owner & could have gotten cost on any of ‘em. The New X4 & X2 Yami were contenders, but I didn’t like the layout or the bed size. Honda was the only logical choice.

Don’t get me wrong.. I LOVE power. I have 22k on my Hayabusa, a bike I went up 3 teeth in the back sprocket to get more grunt.. but like the Pioneer, my Busa is a compromise. It’s fat and heavy for a sportbike, it takes a lot more effort to hustle it thru the twisties. At the track, it’s damn hard to keep up with my buddies on liter bikes.. they’re far lighter, more nimble, better suspension etc.. I bought that bike eyes wide open, knowing what it’s abilities were.
I bought the Pioneer with the same thought process. It is NOT a sport machine, (I NEED it to be a work machine most of the time) but when it’s time to play, it has a ton more to offer than other utility SxS’s.