Pioneer 500 attending 2018 Takeover ?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I would love to officially add the wife and i to the list of people who are coming, but i just cant yet. We have both put in for getting off of work for the takeover weekend, but the wife hasnt reserved a motel room yet. Once she does that i will officially say we're going.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hey i dont wanna go off topic, but all we do here in Florida is mud bog really. We're not gonna be used to this type of riding. I was planning on picking up some spare axles and stuff to bring along, and the wife has a 4500lb. winch on the front of her P7-4. I have a 30ft snatch rope on the back of my P5. Any recommendations for supplies or trail gear? Maybe this question already has a thread somewhere? Thanks for any info or directing me to the right link. :)

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey i dont wanna go off topic, but all we do here in Florida is mud bog really. We're not gonna be used to this type of riding. I was planning on picking up some spare axles and stuff to bring along, and the wife has a 4500lb. winch on the front of her P7-4. I have a 30ft snatch rope on the back of my P5. Any recommendations for supplies or trail gear? Maybe this question already has a thread somewhere? Thanks for any info or directing me to the right link. :)

If you don’t have skid plates already they’re recommended. If you can round up a spare tire for each vehicle that would be good because there’s a chance that you could cut a sidewall. I will tell you that from the groups we’ve had the past couple years no one would leave you stuck without being able to ride. We always lend a hand and make sure every vehicle can get back on the trail and enjoy the time there.

We have welded a arms back on the vehicles, changed axles, tie rods, tires, a arms, etc. I don’t want that to scare you because there was only a few vehicles out of the 60 or 70 that were there that had those issues so the chances are you’ll be fine.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
If you don’t have skid plates already they’re recommended. If you can round up a spare tire for each vehicle that would be good because there’s a chance that you could cut a sidewall. I will tell you that from the groups we’ve had the past couple years no one would leave you stuck without being able to ride. We always lend a hand and make sure every vehicle can get back on the trail and enjoy the time there.

We have welded a arms back on the vehicles, changed axles, tie rods, tires, a arms, etc. I don’t want that to scare you because there was only a few vehicles out of the 60 or 70 that were there that had those issues so the chances are you’ll be fine.
Good lord! Thank you for the info!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There will be rides for all skill levels. It will be a blast!!!

Reactions: ohanacreek
advertisement
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Don’t let @joeymt33 scare you it was a select few and they were taking the hard route over every obstacle.

A skid plate should def be on your list, UHMW will survive the best and it is rocky so a spare is just a good idea.
I will look into the UHMW stuff. We've just got the stock honda plastic skids.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

A stock machine with good tires will make it through but a skid and a spare are probably top 2 things to acquire. There are plenty of trails from easy to extreme. Pick your poison and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We want to be with the easy going group lol. I'd probably be scared to go over a rock the size of a bowling ball lol. I wanna make it back to camp in one piece

You’ll be fine and surprised just how capable the machines are. Watch a few people in front of you on the same machines and it’ll give you confidence in the machine.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a stock 700 wheel with a 27" tire on it if you are needing a spare!

Reactions: Bastardchild
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
We've both got 30" Monster Mayhems, and i will bring a complete set of four 30" Mudlite xxl's on wheels for backup. We got stock skids.
A stock machine with good tires will make it through but a skid and a spare are probably top 2 things to acquire. There are plenty of trails from easy to extreme. Pick your poison and have fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!