Pioneer 500 attending 2018 Takeover ?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sounds like we may need to put together a P5 ride. I plan to test it's capabilities a bit but have no intention on rolling it or replacing axles and sh**. I carry about everything needed outside of replacement parts and I won't leave a brother hanging.
Yes if i rolled my P5 and scarred up the fancy roof i built i would cry

Reactions: trigger
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Oh another thing, i took my seatbelts out and tossed them months ago. Do i need to get seatbelts again, or do you not wear seatbelts so you can jump out real fast incase you start to go off the side of a mountain? Lol Slow riding Florida swamp creeper here, dont judge. Lol

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh another thing, i took my seatbelts out and tossed them months ago. Do i need to get seatbelts again, or do you not wear seatbelts so you can jump out real fast incase you start to go off the side of a mountain? Lol Slow riding Florida swamp creeper here, dont judge. Lol

You want seatbelts

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Since you already tossed the OEM belts here is what I recommend. Full install in P500 in post following here:

P500 - Jackal's P500

You might bail out in a Florida rollover, you probably won't in a Smoky mountains trail with a 200 ft drop off. Better to ride it out and let the ROPS do it's job.

And here P500 - Jackal's P500

J

JTW

Or...

A50B078B 9497 4686 B262 F9286CC34F1F

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Since you already tossed the OEM belts here is what I recommend. Full install in P500 in post following here:

P500 - Jackal's P500

You might bail out in a Florida rollover, you probably won't in a Smoky mountains trail with a 200 ft drop off. Better to ride it out and let the ROPS do it's job.

And here P500 - Jackal's P500
Nice write up on the harness.

Reactions: JACKAL
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I will see what i can do. I cant remember if i tossed them, or put them in the shed with the doors. Come to think of it, did i put the doors in the shed or toss them too? Lol

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I will see what i can do. I cant remember if i tossed them, or put them in the shed with the doors. Come to think of it, did i put the doors in the shed or toss them too? Lol
You won't survive if you bail....might not survive if you ride it out either. But seatbelts are always a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Definitely need seat belts

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
1st takeover I attended was 2015.
Had a lot of fun meeting @Hondasxs for the first time.
Basically a stock vehicle, no winch or skids, just a windshield and roof.
Played it safe and only got stuck once in the mud - ruts where too deep and high centered (driver error, not paying attention to the trail ahead).
2nd from the right:
Upload 2018 1 9 16 1 4

2016, 1st time at Ride Royal Blue:
I think I had the winch but still stock tires.
Laid it over twice, in the picture I had no business on that hill - it was a short cut the p500 had no problem with the official trail (p1ks had no problem with the short cut).
I loaded an ATV in the trailer 'just in case'.
Ended up with a CV boot issue and rode the Rancher on Saturday, and realized I'm getting too old for that.
Upload 2018 1 9 16 3 40

2017 (last year):
5th from the right - hiding behind the tree.
Got in to a couple of dicey spots but only got stuck once.
Friday night 'top of the world' ride I got behind, then trying to make up time I attempted to drive through the grand canyon.
Otherwise the p500 did fine.
Last year it had P700 take off tires on.
Not the Bighorns I think will go on it one day but for the price they where fantastic, big improvement over stock.
Upload 2018 1 9 16 28 50

So yes, a p500 can play with the big boys.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
1st takeover I attended was 2015.
Had a lot of fun meeting @Hondasxs for the first time.
Basically a stock vehicle, no winch or skids, just a windshield and roof.
Played it safe and only got stuck once in the mud - ruts where too deep and high centered (driver error, not paying attention to the trail ahead).
2nd from the right:
View attachment 61489

2016, 1st time at Ride Royal Blue:
I think I had the winch but still stock tires.
Laid it over twice, in the picture I had no business on that hill - it was a short cut the p500 had no problem with the official trail (p1ks had no problem with the short cut).
I loaded an ATV in the trailer 'just in case'.
Ended up with a CV boot issue and rode the Rancher on Saturday, and realized I'm getting too old for that.
View attachment 61490

2017 (last year):
5th from the right - hiding behind the tree.
Got in to a couple of dicey spots but only got stuck once.
Friday night 'top of the world' ride I got behind, then trying to make up time I attempted to drive through the grand canyon.
Otherwise the p500 did fine.
Last year it had P700 take off tires on.
Not the Bighorns I think will go on it one day but for the price they where fantastic, big improvement over stock.
View attachment 61494

So yes, a p500 can play with the big boys.
Lee youre making me feel better about the trails. I was starting to get worried. I did the hatfield mccoy trails from gilbert west virginia to Mann w.v on a kawasaki 360 prarie 4x4 in mid january in snow and ice with a group of guys from work. If things woulda got out of hand i had full intentions of letting the 4 wheeler fly off the hill while i would try to grab trees and stuff lol. But ive got a wife to worry about now also and im also kinda thinking about her riding in these mountain trails. Dont want her to get hurt. I definetly want to find a laid back group to ride with. I dont really want to take over this thread with my silly questions. I think ive got enough info now where i can prepare. Thanks for the info everybody! Bastardchild out! :)

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lee youre making me feel better about the trails. I was starting to get worried. I did the hatfield mccoy trails from gilbert west virginia to Mann w.v on a kawasaki 360 prarie 4x4 in mid january in snow and ice with a group of guys from work. If things woulda got out of hand i had full intentions of letting the 4 wheeler fly off the hill while i would try to grab trees and stuff lol. But ive got a wife to worry about now also and im also kinda thinking about her riding in these mountain trails. Dont want her to get hurt. I definetly want to find a laid back group to ride with. I dont really want to take over this thread with my silly questions. I think ive got enough info now where i can prepare. Thanks for the info everybody! Bastardchild out! :)
Just chill @ bastardchild. Get you some full skids if possible and definitely put those seat belts back in. These guys will have your back. You'll figure out right quick what group your driving style fits.

C

Chooglin

I will also be joining the "laid back" riders. I'm not afraid of a challenge , but I do know my limits. I try my best not to beat on my machine to badly , but if I have some liquid courage in my system , I can get pretty stupid...........don't really intend on going there though !! :) :) :) :)

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
I will also be joining the "laid back" riders. I'm not afraid of a challenge , but I do know my limits. I try my best not to beat on my machine to badly , but if I have some liquid courage in my system , I can get pretty stupid...........don't really intend on going there though !! :) :) :) :)
the main rrb trail arnt to crazy (if they have the ruts fixed) but across the highway is where thing get wild lol even i know better not to take my p5 there lol just the wrong machine for the widow maker lmao but if i come ill have some brakelines made for the guys who blow the stockers

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the main rrb trail arnt to crazy (if they have the ruts fixed) but across the highway is where thing get wild lol even i know better not to take my p5 there lol just the wrong machine for the widow maker lmao but if i come ill have some brakelines made for the guys who blow the stockers

The widow-maker is kinda a double black diamond, but a brave 500 could probably do it.

Your brake lines are AWESOME BTW.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!