P500 Jackal's P500

Will be picking up my Pioneer 500 this Friday 8/7 and already have about $4500 of accessories on the way.
Will post before & after pics as I go along. :) Nothing outstanding at first but these things take on a life all unto themselves. And so it begins....... The addiction.

2015 Honda Pioneer 500 in Green

Honda Hard Roof Black
Honda Full Poly Hardcoat tip out Windshield
Honda Fabric Rear Panel Black
Honda Rear View Mirror
Honda Cab Frame Cargo Bag
Honda Front Under Hood Tray
Honda Under Seat Storage Tray
Honda Rear Bumper
Honda Rubber Floor Mats
Strong Made Winch Series Front Bumper
KFI Stealth 3500 Winch Synthetic Rope
SSS OFFROAD full UHMW skid set
STI Roctane XD tires 26 x 9 x 12 on all corners
Frame plug set
MTX 6 Speaker Bluetooth Sound Bar
Beard 4 Point Safety Harnesses w/ Automotive Latch
Beard Bucket suspension seats. *Yes they fit barely*
RotopaX 3 Gal Gas Can and Quick detach mount
Pro Armor Cab Mounted Fire Extinguisher
TUSK 30" LED Spot/Flood Light bar 16,500 Lumen
48" Better Built Aluminum toolbox & Custom fabricated Bed on rear rack

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I got mine today and started a dry fit and I gotta say, they could have done a better job with bolt placement. How was the fit? A few of the holes didnt line up as good as they should have, on mine. I havent drilled yet and am looking into another option for where the weld is.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I got mine today and started a dry fit and I gotta say, they could have done a better job with bolt placement. How was the fit? A few of the holes didnt line up as good as they should have, on mine. I havent drilled yet and am looking into another option for where the weld is.
Of the 8 holes to be drilled and tapped 3 could have been better placed even if by only 3/8 of an inch. The 21 OEM holes lined up perfect for me though.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
@JACKAL,
WOW, This is what we call "taking the ball and running with it".
Cant really think of one thing you missed...
Cant wait to see the final project.

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL,
WOW, This is what we call "taking the ball and running with it".
Cant really think of one thing you missed...
Cant wait to see the final project.

Next up is the rear rack, 3 things:

1. I have had a Better Built 48" wide by 16" deep x 12" high aluminum tool box I never mounted on anything original intention was to mount behind my pickup in bed fuel tank but was 1" too deep front to back to clear 5th wheel hitch where you could open the door. I plan on cutting some plywood to match the rack dimensions, mount the toolbox against the front and make small bed rails from 2" x 8" turned on edge around the perimeter. I will finish it by applying bed liner for durability and looks matching the OEM Green & Black color scheme.

2. I have a HiLifter 36" UTV Jack and quick mounts to bolt on,

3. RotopaX 3 gal Fuel Cell with quick release mounts.

Finally 4 point harnesses, I prefer the way they keep you put in rough rocky trails.

The only last option on my want to do list is to find or get custom made seat backs that go all the way up where the headrests are and replace the hard rubber headrests with the same type foam material & covering used in the seats.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
OK Rolled it out for a few picture before I head out to TN. So here is what is installed so far:

Honda Hard Roof Black
Honda Rear View Mirror
Honda Rear Bumper
Frame plug set
MTX 6 Speaker Bluetooth Sound Bar
Garmin Montana 650T GPS

20150812 094540 zpsqlzwyjyb
20150812 094508 zpshwmnzrrv
20150812 094453 zpswwcxc1oc
20150812 094437 zpsszn3qteg
20150812 094426 zpsmicp2cqw
20150812 094827 zpsi1e14ij8
20150812 094349 zpscm6cjerb

That's it for now. May work on the Toolbox for the rear rack this weekend. So far loving the compact maneuverability of this thing !

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Looks awesome... Time to get her dirty!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
damn look great jackal how does that mtx sound I really like that bar

Reactions: JACKAL
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
damn look great jackal how does that mtx sound I really like that bar

It's awesome for no bigger than it is. I commented in more detail scroil up some posts in this thread.

advertisement
COFFEE4PAINT

COFFEE4PAINT

Aug 8, 2015
Upstate NY
instagram.com
Will be picking up my Pioneer 500 this Friday 8/7 and already have about $2800 of accessories on the way.
Will post before & after pics as I go along. :) Nothing outstanding at first but these things take on a life all unto themselves. And so it begins....... The addiction.

2015 Honda Pioneer 500 in Green

Honda Hard Roof Black
Honda Rear View Mirror
Honda Rear Bumper
Frame plug set from @Hondasxs himself :)
MTX 6 Speaker Bluetooth Sound Bar :cool::cool:
Beard 4 Point Safety Harnesses w/ Automotive Latch :confused:

Better stop there for this month, wife's been a very good sport :p I'm lucky she loves riding as much as I do except she prefers to operate the camera. :D

I put 50 miles on my new red one this weekend and it outperforms other overpowered wide machines. Here in the north east the only trails that are open enough to find a high speed are the roads to get to the next trail. This thing wiggles through enduro trails and is more like a Mountain goat than our four wheelers. The places I have taken this would surprise even the hard core Trials guys.

I have noticed the need for a box on the back though, but with the rack on the back I am putting on a 20 rubbermaid chest from walmart and strappin it down. Sure beats the lack of tie down points on another machine I was looking at.

It is noisey Shifting and in 4th and 5th when you let off there is a rattle, but after looking on line this just might be break in stuff. this had 0 hours and it just came out of a crate. I love this little thing it is so nice to be able to ride again with a bad leg and hip. The seating arrangement makes it easy to negotiate the tight stuff.

Honda again proves more power is not always the answer. For the Guys down south... send some adds up here these things are flying off the shelves with the ability to register and ride these vehicles on state trails it is great to have an reliable alternative to the breakdown ridden go fast stupid rockets that yank money out of your wallet faster than you can grab it.

As for the accessories, I think that setup you have is the cats pjs. I just wish I had the money for all of that when I picked mine up. I have to admit it is something look forward to. I didn't want the roof until I went under the thorn apples and briar bushes...... ouch they hurt when they get between your back and the seat.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I put 50 miles on my new red one this weekend and it outperforms other overpowered wide machines. Here in the north east the only trails that are open enough to find a high speed are the roads to get to the next trail. This thing wiggles through enduro trails and is more like a Mountain goat than our four wheelers. The places I have taken this would surprise even the hard core Trials guys.

I have noticed the need for a box on the back though, but with the rack on the back I am putting on a 20 rubbermaid chest from walmart and strappin it down. Sure beats the lack of tie down points on another machine I was looking at.

It is noisey Shifting and in 4th and 5th when you let off there is a rattle, but after looking on line this just might be break in stuff. this had 0 hours and it just came out of a crate. I love this little thing it is so nice to be able to ride again with a bad leg and hip. The seating arrangement makes it easy to negotiate the tight stuff.

Honda again proves more power is not always the answer. For the Guys down south... send some adds up here these things are flying off the shelves with the ability to register and ride these vehicles on state trails it is great to have an reliable alternative to the breakdown ridden go fast stupid rockets that yank money out of your wallet faster than you can grab it.

As for the accessories, I think that setup you have is the cats pjs. I just wish I had the money for all of that when I picked mine up. I have to admit it is something look forward to. I didn't want the roof until I went under the thorn apples and briar bushes...... ouch they hurt when they get between your back and the seat.
welcome to the forum coffee!!
lots of greta people here

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Welcome to the club, @COFFEE4PAINT ! Hope you enjoy it for a long time. @JACKAL , you've got that ride looking sweet! I'm really impressed with the skid plates. Hope you have fun on the trails this weekend. I'm on baby watch, so no riding for me. Hopefully, this will turn out as planned in the next few days.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome to the club, @COFFEE4PAINT ! Hope you enjoy it for a long time. @JACKAL , you've got that ride looking sweet! I'm really impressed with the skid plates. Hope you have fun on the trails this weekend. I'm on baby watch, so no riding for me. Hopefully, this will turn out as planned in the next few days.

Unfortunately this will be a quick 1000 mile round trip for me so no riding :( Last minute change of plans. I've got 10 days off in October and will make a good run of it then.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Next up is the rear rack, 3 things:

1. I have had a Better Built 48" wide by 16" deep x 12" high aluminum tool box I never mounted on anything original intention was to mount behind my pickup in bed fuel tank but was 1" too deep front to back to clear 5th wheel hitch where you could open the door. I plan on cutting some plywood to match the rack dimensions, mount the toolbox against the front and make small bed rails from 2" x 8" turned on edge around the perimeter. I will finish it by applying bed liner for durability and looks matching the OEM Green & Black color scheme.

Ok got back yesterday afternoon and tackled the above rear rack storage I wanted to do. Simply used 4'X4'X3/8" plywood and a 1" x 6" x 8'ft to serve as a platform and bed rail with the toolbox. I then coated it all with truck bed liner. Below is the progress photos from raw materials to finished product.
20150813 164931 zpsoqxlwm7q
20150813 165009 zps6nx6uq3j
20150813 175129 zps83sqllvh
20150814 082631 zpsv3zxs4uq
20150814 082711 zpsqjpcqqxv
20150814 082752 zpsoubtjpnm
20150814 082434 zpsq9znwuew

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wife looked at the pictures and said they didn't do it justice, I was pretty happy with how the tray and storage box turned out. Bed rails are surprisingly sturdy and there is just enough room to put my chainsaw case, oil and fuel in the open area.

Reactions: p500fan
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Wife looked at the pictures and said they didn't do it justice, I was pretty happy with how the tray and storage box turned out. Bed rails are surprisingly sturdy and there is just enough room to put my chainsaw case, oil and fuel in the open area.
Looks nice. I like the way that you mitered the corners. Is that an under hanging tool box?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks nice. I like the way that you mitered the corners. Is that an under hanging tool box?
It is called a "bed topper" toolbox designed to ride on top of the pickup bed side rail. They can be found from 3 ft to 7 ft in length. I mounted it on the P500 on it's "back" as it would normally be mounted with the door hinge on the bottom and the door drop down level like a tailgate in a pickup bed. with the raised lip and gasket material it should be very weather and dust resistant. It will hold 2 large soft sided coolers with room to spare.

Reactions: p500fan
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Working on installing some BEARD 4 point restraints with the automotive style latch. I get mine from RM ATV and they ask for a model selection, Honda Pioneer isn't an option so select the 2012 RZR 800 as those will come with all 4 ends (4 Points) with the same heavy metal eye bolt design. The bottom two eye bolts go in place of your seatbelt mounts on the P500 the upper two will need to be affixed to the cab frame cross member. I am using 1.5" metal strap that is already drilled like used for hanging metal pipe. This will wrap around the tubing as shown below centered where each set back top section hooks into. Not done yet but below you will get the idea:
20150815 151802 zpstk59vvix
20150815 151812 zpsmenhmbah
20150815 151830 zps9h3olxhb
20150815 151914 zpsycczxa6q
20150815 151927 zpszqi9vbxa

From this bottom picture measure and cut off enough strap metal to wrap around and have 2 full holes meet together then bolt the top two harnesses through one eye hole using a 3/8" x .125" bolt and nylock nut. Simple as that.

Here is a link to exact restraints shown above: $90 each. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/...tive-Buckle-Black-2012-POLARIS-RANGER-RZR-800

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!