HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I made up the templates so I can take them to the shop and have the parts laser cut.
View attachment 13773
I need to know how many people are interested in buying one !!! I will not have a price until I talk to the laser shop, about the cost to cut them.I am not asking for commitment , I am just looking for people interested , so I know how many I need for the first batch !!!

This is the post of the glove box build I did P500 - Homemade Glove Box
Yup I am interested

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@Chooglin, I see what you mean about the hinge now. The door has some wobble to it. I'm thinking a 4-6" piece of piano hinge would be an improvement perhaps. Still lovin the box though. Thanks. I'll post a pic after its painted.

Reactions: markie
C

Chooglin

@Chooglin, I see what you mean about the hinge now. The door has some wobble to it. I'm thinking a 4-6" piece of piano hinge would be an improvement perhaps. Still lovin the box though. Thanks. I'll post a pic after its painted.
I thought about piano hinges also ,but they were a bit pricey.
It's the pin in these hinges that are junk , they are to small in dia. , making the hinge wobble.you could possibly change out the pin in the hinge ,to tighten it up !
Either way , I'm glad you like it.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I thought about piano hinges also ,but they were a bit pricey.
It's the pin in these hinges that are junk , they are to small in dia. , making the hinge wobble.you could possibly change out the pin in the hinge ,to tighten it up !
Either way , I'm glad you like it.
I was thinking (most reluctantly) about surgically grinding that hinge off and welding a long piece of piano hing onto it. Replacing the pin in the existing one sounds both safer and easier. Any ideas on how that would be done, and what would be used in place of the existing pin?

C

Chooglin

I was thinking (most reluctantly) about surgically grinding that hinge off and welding a long piece of piano hing onto it. Replacing the pin in the existing one sounds both safer and easier. Any ideas on how that would be done, and what would be used in place of the existing pin?
You need to grind or file the head off of one end of the pin, and it will slide out !
Then I would use a piece of welding rod or something similar , that is the correct dia. To replace it. Weld or mushroom both ends of the new pin and that should be it !

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Gonna paint her red monte...give it a little bling?
Have you seen @sthomp54 glove box install? That looks really good. What do you think about painting it that to provide a texture that matches the rest of the dash, and then paint over it in red???

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Have you seen @sthomp54 glove box install? That looks really good. What do you think about painting it that to provide a texture that matches the rest of the dash, and then paint over it in red???
I know, I saw that and it does look like a factory match. Sthomp did a hell of a job, almost made me want to take mine out and redo it.
Don't know if the red would fill in the texture though. Too bad you couldn't get that color of bed liner in a rattle can.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I know, I saw that and it does look like a factory match. Sthomp did a hell of a job, almost made me want to take mine out and redo it.
Don't know if the red would fill in the texture though. Too bad you couldn't get that color of bed liner in a rattle can.
Wouldn't that be nice. I'm going to give it a go with nothing to loose if it does fill it in, I've got other things to paint with that truck liner paint lined up already sense I know it will only use a fraction of the can on the glove box. At $13.00 a can, I didn't want to buy it just for the glove box.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Now it looks right! Honda Glovebox

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Very nice trigger! Is the green the same as the hood and fenders. Also do you know if that sticker would be available in other colours.
Sticker through ebay...several colors and sizes.
The green isn't a perfect match. As close as it got off the shelf...
I have that color all over my machine though.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!