Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Has anyone switched their factory headlights out to LEDs yet? If so, how is the light output?
If I can get the same (or better of course) light output I would switch mine to reduce my electrical draw. I noticed today that when I run my headlights I drop almost 1 volt (I have a digital volt meter mounted in my dash)
I am adding power steering so if I can reduce my voltage draw it is always better.
THANKS

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I thought about it and even tried. But stopped because I broke a lens trying to pull them apart. I was going to drill out the hole and put a bullet led light in there and some halos. Never did tho. Bought a LED light bar and was satisfied with that.
I did do it on my Rincon about 5 years ago or so.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have two "D2" style lights mounted but I was thinking I LEDs would be nice but I must admit I really don't "need" them....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
As for your other questions...
Sometimes I think my cheap Walmart flashlight is brighter then the OEM headlights and you will defiantly save power switching over.
If Honda ever releases there premium SxS... I would expect it to have LED headlights. But will they interchange?????

Reactions: Geoff
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As for your other questions...
Sometimes I think my cheap Walmart flashlight is brighter then the OEM headlights and you will defiantly save power switching over.
If Honda ever releases there premium SxS... I would expect it to have LED headlights. But will they interchange?????
Hope they will swap. Would be AWESOME!

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Does not look hard to do, I am just a little concerned with the off road reliability.... Thanks for posting.
Now if they would just get a better bulb

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
Does not look hard to do, I am just a little concerned with the off road reliability.... Thanks for posting.
Now if they would just get a better bulb
I bought a set from Eagle Eye Lights & love them.

Reactions: Code54
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!