P700 Pioneer 700 with Can-Am Commander Shocks

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For legal reasons I don't condone this way (wink wink) but this is what I did. I used 2 straps but ones without hooks. Ones that just run back through themselves. The tusk one from rockymountain atv looks good with good reviews. Good luck and let us know how the shocks look.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Reactions: eastenn
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
For legal reasons I don't condone this way (wink wink) but this is what I did. I used 2 straps but ones without hooks. Ones that just run back through themselves. The tusk one from rockymountain atv looks good with good reviews. Good luck and let us know how the shocks look.

Very nice, thanks!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The stock commander springs aren't too stiff so this worked pretty good for them. I might be a little more nervous about the stock Honda shocks because they seem quite a bit stiffer, which is why we're changing them in the first place.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think im going to order some new replacement shocks for the rear of my 700. Have one thats weeping and dont want to have a problem at the 2017 Takeover. Thinking about painting them to match the Pioneers body color.
What you guys think? Leave yellow or gray? Ec36cdea5efd9e7d7c3fd03e62f6638b

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think im going to order some new replacement shocks for the rear of my 700. Have one thats weeping and dont want to have a problem at the 2017 Takeover. Thinking about painting them to match the Pioneers body color.
What you guys think? Leave yellow or gray?View attachment 30470

The cheapest I could find was from gearhead but they come out of idaho so I would have to pay sales tax. I know on the fronts they used the French word for shock so it was confusing. Good luck.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The yellow is kind of growing on me though. I haven't got mine on yeah but I was dreading the yellow springs. But they look pretty cool on your ride.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know another item I found on ebay was shock covers so that might be another option instead of painting them.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I also kind if like the yellow. I just normally like everything to look factory.

G

green02crew

Jan 12, 2015
What kind of spring compressors are you all using? I rented a kit from Auto Zone but they're a little too big for the springs and I'm afraid they'll pop off.

Ratchet straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does anyone have a pice of 14mm tubing for the rear shock mounts that they want to to part with?

advertisement
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does anyone have a pice of 14mm tubing for the rear shock mounts that they want to to part with?

Sundayrdr had some he sent me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

I still have some of the 15mm OD that I can send you. You'll need a 15mm drill bit to drill out the bushings a little.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What kind of spring compressors are you all using? I rented a kit from Auto Zone but they're a little too big for the springs and I'm afraid they'll pop off.
I used a set from Autozone and one did slip off. I was able to take it all back out and re-position it.
I guess what I'm saying is if you can't get a ratchet strap to work the automotive sized (from Autozone) can be made to work but it's a bit of a pain.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Actually I do need bushings also so if you can supply both bushings and sleeve material that would be great.

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Actually I do need bushings also so if you can supply both bushings and sleeve material that would be great.

Ok I ordered 4 extra bushings since I was paying shipping anyway. Let me get a good ride in on mine and make sure all is well and if so, we'll work something out on the sleeves and bushings. And I can go ahead and drill the bushings out a little since I have the 15mm bit.

And I'll send you the bushing grease. I want that stuff out of here, I think some of it made it onto every socket and ratchet I have.

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok I ordered 4 extra bushings since I was paying shipping anyway. Let me get a good ride in on mine and make sure all is well and if so, we'll work something out on the sleeves and bushings. And I can go ahead and drill the bushings out a little since I have the 15mm bit.

And I'll send you the bushing grease. I want that stuff out of here, I think some of it made it onto every socket and ratchet I have.

Great I am in IL so I am in no hurry for the stuff. I am guessing from your name that you are in TN, anyplace you would recommend over the other between Windsock or Royal blue?

eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4
Great I am in IL so I am in no hurry for the stuff. I am guessing from your name that you are in TN, anyplace you would recommend over the other between Windsock or Royal blue?

Sadly never been to either but hoping to make it to the takeover in April at RB.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
is anyone just doing the front shocks with commander shocks, or does the lift the front too much. I dont want to lift the rear any, i can barley fit in the shed as it is

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!