P700 Pioneer 700 with Can-Am Commander Shocks

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
is anyone just doing the front shocks with commander shocks, or does the lift the front too much. I dont want to lift the rear any, i can barley fit in the shed as it is

Yes, just doing the front is fine. A lot just do the front swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dragon21
Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
is anyone just doing the front shocks with commander shocks, or does the lift the front too much. I dont want to lift the rear any, i can barley fit in the shed as it is
I did both. I needed the better ride all the way around, but then height is not an issue here.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
eastenn

eastenn

Dec 18, 2016
Bristol TN
www.fb.com
Ownership

1. 700-4

Just do like me, lift it too high for your garage and make it too wide for your trailer.. then spend more money trying to fix your new problems :rolleyes:

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just got front shocks from a 2012 commander 1000 from eBay. Been keeping an eye out. Wish they were red rather than yellow, will probably get covers for them

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just got front shocks from a 2012 commander 1000 from eBay. Been keeping an eye out. Wish they were red rather than yellow, will probably get covers for them
You will not be disappointed!!

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
So i've been trying to follow this thread and just want to clarify some things before I start searching for a st.
I plan on just doing the front shocks. So they should be a direct bolt on with no bushing mods required?
What 2011-14 Commander Model years willl fit?

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
So i've been trying to follow this thread and just want to clarify some things before I start searching for a st.
I plan on just doing the front shocks. So they should be a direct bolt on with no bushing mods required?
You will need to change out the rear bushing and add a larger sleeve as the rear bolts are larger than the stock. The link for the bushings is all in the first few pages.
Fronts are a direct bolt on.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You are correct, the fronts are direct swap. Commander XT's 800 and 1000.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
Thanks, It was alot of posts and a little hard to follow while at work.

advertisement
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, It was alot of posts and a little hard to follow while at work.
Just FYI , it is going to give you a couple inchs of lift when set at lowest adjustments. If you get a good deal i would get all 4 and then swap rears later. It is an unbelievable difference in ride quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wish i could have bought the rear, but i cant put them on which sucks. I believe with the commander shocks in the front, you put those at the softest setting and the rear at the highest?

Im gonna have to put the pionner in the door opening and see how much i can bring it up (if any) without hitting the roof

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just keep an eye on the used ones. I bought a used set and the shock absorbers were no good. They're sitting on my shelf until I can buy some new ones. But even the price that I paid for them, it saved me quite abit for just the springs and retainers then to start from scratch.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just keep an eye on the used ones. I bought a used set and the shock absorbers were no good. They're sitting on my shelf until I can buy some new ones. But even the price that I paid for them, it saved me quite abit for just the springs and retainers then to start from scratch.
that part does make me nervous, I wont get rid of my stock ones because of that. But $200, and the ebay place i got them from seemed to have good reviews

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Finally had a good trip to try them out. They were great. Highly recommend doing the upgrade. Keep an eye on ebay.
IMG 6587

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How are your tires wearing? Comments? Complaints?

very pleased with them... still not my favorites in the looks department, but traction and ride is great. I got a flat this last ride when my valve stem came out. had to ride back on a completely flat tire. to make it worse i had a broken rear axle so i had to stay in 4wd. got the tire reinstalled today and to my surprise no damage noticed as of now. the tires have exceeded my expectations for sure.
IMG 01231

G

gokorn1

Apr 20, 2015
Will shocks off a Commander 800R fit or does it have to be the 1000

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!