P1000 PIONEER DYING WHEN PUT IN GEAR

CASTRATE

CASTRATE

Jun 23, 2019
NE OKLAHOMA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My tractor was having all sorts of issues. Most of which ended up being a result of a screwed up alternator. After a while, it would stop charging. Power shift, reverse, 3 point & a few other things would quit working

Reactions: Lady01
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2016 pioneer 1000 that starts great idles great even revs up fine in park but once in gear and riding it starts cutting out at half throttle any ideas
My 16 was doing exactly the same thing. Loose ground cable to battery was all it turned out to be

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JDPioneer

JDPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2017
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did this the other day,(2017 2200 miles) about an hour after pressure washing it. I drove it around the yard and shifted into park and it died and would not start. Turned out it was flashing code 64 (six long 4 short). I did some investigating and the IGN fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and it would start but It would keep popping the IGN Fuse after I tried shifting to a gear. After searching for a related issue I read someone had replaced a relay and it had fixed the problem. So I was looking at my relays and pulled the main relay next to the fuse box and remembered there was a spare in my operators manual zip lock bag from the factory. I then put the new one in and it has been fine sever since. Although it did randomly overheat the next day going steadily 15 mph. Im not sure if this was related to the issue the night before or not. Possibly my battery is getting weak, it is 2 years old now. Any Ideas?

A

Akhazmatt

Aug 25, 2019
Palmer, AK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine did this. I was using the winch to get out of a hole. The winch pulls the battery voltage down too low on a long hard pull. Engine died. Putting it in park or neutral I can restart then when putting it back in gear it dies. Being an old mechanic I cycled the key three times to clear any faults. It worked. This has happened several times when using the winch hard so the problem must be a low voltage issue. The dealer said I have no stored fault codes and can’t say why cycling the key fixes it. I plan to add a second battery. Hope this helps.

Black19

Black19

May 4, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did anyone ever get a fix for this? Mine started doing this last night (2019 100-5 deluxe). I was in a hole, put it in reverse to get another angle and she died immediately. Will crank fine and I even managed to get it in neutral and winch myself out but as soon as I put it in gear it dies. No code showing and it displays all gears when shifting with key on.

Black19

Black19

May 4, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I tried all advice here on the forum and anywhere else google would take me. Tried all the little things everyone suggested with no luck so after three weeks at the dealership I’ve got a new clutch and going to pick it up in the AM.

P

Paulwaul11

Nov 16, 2020
Maurice LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine started doing the same thing this morning. Everything ran fine yesterday. Couldn’t take it off the trailer this morning. Crank and runs in Park and Neutral but dies immediately when put in gear. Rolls fine in neutral. There is a “—“ blinking in place of the gears. It does not read P,R,N,H,L. Any tips on what to look into? Doesn’t make since everything was fine when I loaded it on the trailer.

M

Manis

Oct 27, 2020
Pioneer Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well I tried all advice here on the forum and anywhere else google would take me. Tried all the little things everyone suggested with no luck so after three weeks at the dealership I’ve got a new clutch and going to pick it up in the AM.
Did you get it fixed

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have u modded any electrical? Reverse buzzer and neutral switch will kill it like that.

@snuffnwhisky
I attached a backup light to the reverse buzzer (used the plug from the club store) and my 2019 p700 started stalling out. I disconnected the light and it still happens.
Could just be coincidence but can you tell us more about this? The connection is keyed so it can't go in backwards. Red/black to the light. I even put the little connector blank plug back in case it had a resistor in it or something.
What about the reverse buzzer can cause this?
Thanks!

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
@snuffnwhisky
I attached a backup light to the reverse buzzer (used the plug from the club store) and my 2019 p700 started stalling out. I disconnected the light and it still happens.
Could just be coincidence but can you tell us more about this? The connection is keyed so it can't go in backwards. Red/black to the light. I even put the little connector blank plug back in case it had a resistor in it or something.
What about the reverse buzzer can cause this?
Thanks!
I do not know about the 700. My 1000 reverse light I used had a ground wire but was also grounded through the body of the light so it backfead a ground signal continuously and killed the motor going to a different gear.

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do not know about the 700. My 1000 reverse light I used had a ground wire but was also grounded through the body of the light so it backfead a ground signal continuously and killed the motor going to a different gear.

That sounds odd. Ground is common, so it shouldn't make any difference. So did you use a different light or took another approach?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That sounds odd. Ground is common, so it shouldn't make any difference. So did you use a different light or took another approach?
I added a relay so it wouldn't backfeed. The light housing and ground wire had continuity so when I bolted the light to the frame, it grounded the ground wire and fed that back to the buzzer. ECU is wired through it so Gear position switch and reverse switch doesn't match and shuts it down. A bad neutral safety switch will do it also.

H

hubbard1986

Feb 15, 2021
michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Key on. But NOT running.
Put it in D, R and L. Does the display show correctly in each spot?
Or is it a -- .
Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
Was this problem ever figured out? Mine did it yesterday when started it wouldn't show any gear position. Let if run for awhile then cycled key a few times finally showed park.

R

rickoshea

mine's in the shop right now for this issue.flashing code 24,12 and 40 something.

V

Vtt1000du

May 5, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mind running good at the biginning but after awhile it's start dying. Some say it the fuel injector plug kit and others say sparkplug. What do you tink?

V

Vtt1000du

May 5, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is it throwing any codes on the dash?
If it is, video it with your phone, upload to youtube and link the video for us to help out.

I have a 2016 pioneer 1000 that starts great idles great even revs up fine in park but once in gear and riding it starts cutting out at half throttle any ideas
Did you find your problem, I have the same I think!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!